Nvidia GT200b rumours and speculation thread

Not in a resounding ass kicking manner though.

True, but they have it nonetheless.

Yesterday ATI had te fastest graphics card, today NV has it.... I think that counts for a lot.

It doesn't take away from ATI's achievment of course which was tremendous considering where they came from.

Its time to stop playing second place though. The mainstream price/performance champ won't keep them going forever. Lets see another Athlon64 / 9700 Pro.... :smile:

Yesterday ATI had te fastest graphics card, today NV has it.... I think that counts for a lot.

It only counts if it's significant. If people haven't jumped for the R700 now, what makes you think they'll go for the 295?

That noob goes to more honest shops than me. Around here that is mainly a good way of finding out which card has the best commission.

That noob goes to more honest shops than me. Around here that is mainly a good way of finding out which card has the best commission.

Going along with the noob comment, the noob has to have a bunch of money saved up because having the fastest card moniker does not mean much anymore given the current economic crisis if they do not have the money to buy the fastest card!

If they double TMUs and SPs, hopefully they will put 8 ROPs in their MC-clusters, so a total of 32 while stay at 256-Bit,

+8 ROPs would be 24 total and have either 192 or 384 bit memory interface.

Fillrate hasn't really been a performance issue for AMD... bandwidth & shader throughput are where it's at for the next gen.

Fillrate hasn't really been a performance issue for AMD... bandwidth & shader throughput are where it's at for the next gen.
I think there's enough times when GTX260-216 and GTX295 beat HD4870-1GB and HD4870X2 to indicate that fillrate and texture rate are somewhat lacking. More emphasis on framerate minima would make this clearer, I reckon, though getting down to nitty-gritty in given games is something I've found pretty difficult with the reviews out there.

Jawed

ive only seen the 295 benched against the 260 its not twice as fast
given that the 285 is single gpu it could be slower than a 260 (depends how bad the sli scaling is)

ive only seen the 295 benched against the 260 its not twice as fast
given that the 285 is single gpu it could be slower than a 260 (depends how bad the sli scaling is)

Hmm? In a single GPU ((IE only 1 GPU enabled)) a GTX 295 will be faster than any standard clocked 260. I dont quite understand what you mean by the 285. Maybe you could clarify because I totally don't understand what you just said. :p

I thought the 295 was a board with 2x285 gpu's am i wrong ?

ps: that comment was just me thinking aloud after spending a good 3 seconds thinking about it - dont read too much into it ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back