XBox 360 Price Cut/60GB model*

Nyah nyah... this one is more interesting: http://www.engadget.com/2008/08/22/new-199-xbox-360-arcade-bundle-rumored-to-include-motion-contro/

If I were MS, I'd maximize my position every Christmas. Here comes motion controlled games and DVD playback :devilish: Casual gamers, here comes Microsoft ! (Core gamers are already well taken care of with the FFXIII, Gears of War news).
The Marvel UA/Forza 2 bundle came out the end of last Oct. So if this is a holiday bundle it should come out at the same time. That is, assuming this is legit.

9u19c2.jpg

Limited Quantities and no rain checks. Maybe they are clearing out the stock of the arcade in preparation for a new SKU's?

I noticed that, too. It applies to all three SKUs, but it's a weird disclosure for a permanent price cut. At least the rainchecks part is.

I've seen places put products on sale (for regular price ) and put a disclaimer like that. I wouldn't read too much into it.

No further mention of the super stealth inclusion of motion control, though.

No, but the rumor was that the motion controller would not show up in the $199 SKU till THIS HOLIDAY. I'm sure we won't see it before November at the earliest, provided there actually is such a device.

Tommy McClain

So we have see adds in Best Buy, Kmart and RadioShack all with the same price structure as well as few SKU price screen grabs (with at least one of them being semi-legit), I think its safe to say this is pretty much confirmed as any rumor can be before the official news.

They should have a smaller gap between models, say $79. This price plan really encourages the Arcade, which of course discourages the other revenues streams like XBL games and movie rentals.

I hear the 120GB HD is now $149, making it a good pairing with the Arcade, which makes the Elite kind of a silly buy unless they add a game or two.

They also need to either start including Wi-fi or slash the price of the add-on, even with the price drops the real cost of ownership can be much higher than the base unit price.

Maybe Sony can respond with a $50 drop before X-mas.

The 60 gig drive is $100 with 3 months of live free and a head set. That puts it right at the pro's price point and is only lacking high def cables.

I wonder if MS plans on getting rid of the Elite, or if it is really for folks who care about black/can't do math.

I wonder if MS plans on getting rid of the Elite, or if it is really for folks who care about black/can't do math.

Doesn't the Elite also come with an HDMI cable with a special optical out or something? Im not sure but I did hear there was something special about the cord.

Doesn't the Elite also come with an HDMI cable with a special optical out or something? Im not sure but I did hear there was something special about the cord.

It does, but that adapter retails for $50 anyway, and HDMI cables are cheap. You can get them all separately and not save a penny, essentially. (And if you don't want it, you almost have enough left over for a full-priced game.)

Back