Bioshock PS3*

There you go
UPDATE (October 14):

Hey guys,
I have good news from the dev team about a patch for BioShock PS3! They have been working on a patch to address the concerns some of you on the forum have talked about. As work is in progress I do not have a definite date for when this patch will be released as it needs to be tested and clear certification with Sony before it is scheduled and released. I do know this will not be until after the game’s launch, and I will update you with details on that date as I receive them.

I’ll be releasing the entire patch list when it’s all finalized, but for now I’m sure you’ll be happy to see that these two fixes are included:

Big Daddy Bouncer and Elite Bouncer Textures Appeared Pixelated
Fix for an issue where large blocky pixels would show up whenever viewing the Bouncer and Elite Bouncer variants of the Big Daddy.

White Bars
Fix for an issue where white/discolored bars would show up at the right and bottom sides of the screen during the plane crash / water scene at the beginning of the game.

I’m sure many of you are eager to see what Big Daddy looks like after this fix, so here are two screenshots of him in his patched glory!

whats the length of the SP campaign? i'm not much of an online gamer, so SP is most important to me.

i will probably buy this, but ill probably try to find a cheap copy on ebay. Resistance 2, CoD5 and FC2 are higher on my list of games to get (depending on review scores).

Played the demo and really liked it. I was shocked at the end of it when they said there were 70 (!) different plasmids in the full game. Must add a lot of variety and depth to the game I would guess.

The triumvirate of FPS's for me is now Bioshock, then I'm guessing I'll have 4-5 weeks before Resistance 2 is out, then 3 months till Killzone 2.

Think I'll give COD5 and Far Cry 2 a miss, for now at least, as this looks better and more unique.

70? Naw, more like a dozen that have upgrades.

I see. I thought that sounded a bit extreme.

What difficulty would you suggest for a gamer that has played a moderate number of FPS games in the past? I heard that the game was fairly easy compared to other FPS, but Antshaw's comment makes me wonder if hard might be a little too difficult for me.

It starts hard due to lack of ammo, plasmids, etc. But the middle is easy. The difficulty in the 360 was dynamic in the menu, so keep switching it up!

Looks like 2k sorted out the funny business with PS3 Bioshock.
http://forums.2kgames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23044

UPDATE (October 14):

Hey guys,
I have good news from the dev team about a patch for BioShock PS3! They have been working on a patch to address the concerns some of you on the forum have talked about. As work is in progress I do not have a definite date for when this patch will be released as it needs to be tested and clear certification with Sony before it is scheduled and released. I do know this will not be until after the game’s launch, and I will update you with details on that date as I receive them.

I’ll be releasing the entire patch list when it’s all finalized, but for now I’m sure you’ll be happy to see that these two fixes are included:

Big Daddy Bouncer and Elite Bouncer Textures Appeared Pixelated
Fix for an issue where large blocky pixels would show up whenever viewing the Bouncer and Elite Bouncer variants of the Big Daddy.

White Bars
Fix for an issue where white/discolored bars would show up at the right and bottom sides of the screen during the plane crash / water scene at the beginning of the game.

I’m sure many of you are eager to see what Big Daddy looks like after this fix, so here are two screenshots of him in his patched glory!

big_daddy_fixed.jpg

if you want to see the full-sized image of this, check it out here: http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/screenshots/comparison/big_daddy_fixed_big.jpg

big_daddy_fixed2.jpg

if you want to see the full-sized image of this, check it out here: http://www.2kgames.com/cultofrapture/screenshots/comparison/big_daddy_fixed2_big.jpg

Blurryness seems to be banished too.

Blurryness seems to be banished too.

No, it's as blurry as before. Maybe a little less, but still looks much worse (much more blurry) than Xbox 360 version.

Furthermore, if the blurrieness really would have been solved through this specific patch, then he very likely would have adressed that in his post, too, as this is something many users are complaining about.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wish I could add something more constructive to thise thread at this time, but I am simply frothing at the mouth for this game. I haven't been this excited since MGS4 and SMG.

No, it's as blurry as before. Maybe a little less, but still looks much worse (much more blurry) than Xbox 360 version.

Furthermore, if the blurrieness really would have been solved through this specific patch, then he very likely would have adressed that in his post, too, as this is something many users are complaining about.

The blurriness definitely looks less severe, in-game the blurriness was already less severe looking (to me) so I don't see the game (after this patch) looking all that different than 360. Saying "much worse (and much more blurry)" is a a bit much.

The blur is there through their choice (not an error like the other fixes) so they are highly unlikely to remove it.

It takes the sheen off some of the textures/surfaces from what I can tell which is a good thing considering how plastic everything looks in other versions, but the overall generally blurred look isn't as good as other versions either.

The blur is there through their choice (not an error like the other fixes) so they are highly unlikely to remove it.

It takes the sheen off some of the textures/surfaces from what I can tell which is a good thing considering how plastic everything looks in other versions, but the overall generally blurred look isn't as good as other versions either.

Confused.

It sounds like you are saying there is blur in other versions as well? Or are you saying that it makes things look less plastic, but is still too heavy?

Just Curious.:D

Or are you saying that it makes things look less plastic
I am saying this ;)

Although I'd sooner have no blur and textures/surfaces that didn't look like shiny plastic. I think that is the choice they made to be honest as it's fairly obvious that if you take away the blur (that isn't that bad when you actually play the game) it is essentially the same as the 360 version.

I don't get this, plastic look is solved by blurring, argument

i played the 360 version and granted it's been a while but all surfaces looked accurately represented to me and were stunning. i never once thought ehhh plastic looking. Maybe in screen shots some could point out a weak argument on that but when playing the game the sharp textures looked great.(especially over a year ago)

Back