Bioshock PS3*

http://www.psu.com/BioShock-Eyes-on--a0004306-p0.php
good news for the ps3 version, couples this with new features i might have to grab it after all.
One of the very first things you’ll notice within BioShock is that all anti-aliasing issues are now gone. There were absolutely no edging issues or jaggedness to any portions of what was displayed on screen for us in the room. If I’m being bluntly honest, the game looks exponentially better on the PlayStation 3 than it does on the 360. I understand it has a year of wiggle room to have made the adjustments, but I almost felt like I was staring at a redesigned title. The fiery blaze at the start of the game just felt more realistic and truly gave off the impression of a fuel-engaged fire over the top of the ocean.
As for the details while moving within the city of Rapture, they’re greatly improved as well. I couldn’t believe my own eyes at the clarity and crispness that BioShock on the PS3 was displaying on screen. I think the 360 version looked absolutely spectacular, but this version almost makes the 360’s version look a tad underachieving.

Sounds neat but hardware instal is bothering Sony should work on caching and makes it trivial ALA MS

Video quality is better from the bluray also.

...for the end movie :?:

I think the 360 version looked absolutely spectacular, but this version almost makes the 360’s version look a tad underachieving.
ugh... what a silly claim to make. It's rather they had time to make improvements, which the article writer already mentioned. One might as well call every old game underachieving.

I think I read somewhere that there is a new 6 minute long opening movie added to the game as well.

As for the rest, he's a writer trying to make his audience enthusiastic about a port of a game, not a moderator on a tech forum. ;)

If he was, he'd probably been able to tell us that Bioshock is probably 640p upscaled. ;) I wouldn't be surprised, seeing how the press reacted to GTA IV.

ugh... what a silly claim to make. It's rather they had time to make improvements, which the article writer already mentioned. One might as well call every old game underachieving.
Did you see this little ditty?

If I’m being bluntly honest, the game looks exponentially better on the PlayStation 3 than it does on the 360.

Hyperbole? :LOL:

I'll stop nitpicking the author. :oops:

I'm curious to see how the extra puzzle rooms turn out though. :)

From a story standpoint, I'm not sure if I'd like an expository introduction video, or is it something else :?: A lot of what drew me into the game was the mysterious nature of this dystopia and the journey to discovering how it fell. Andrew Ryan's presentation at the beginning was excellent as an introductory piece.

You mean like the extra time 360 versions get while waiting for the ps3 ports to be completed. ;)

http://www.psu.com/BioShock-Eyes-on--a0004306-p0.php
good news for the ps3 version, couples this with new features i might have to grab it after all.

I find the visual claims unexpected. I am not sure if the guy is right, but for a high profile title with outstanding visuals such as Bioshock, it would be the first to look better on PS3. I have my doubts if it is indeed the case.

From the latest comments I read from here and there, the PS3 generally seems to have many bottlenecks, and in almost every case the PS3 seems to be lucking on multiplatform games at least mildly in some areas.

Bioshock looked so good on the 360 and run so smoothly, that I doubt the PS3 port would retain all visual elements plus better aliasing.

Besides the latest video I have seen at gametrailers from the PS3 version, looked like it had some framerate issues, and I also think it lacked a bit in textures and lighting.

since that footage was created, it will probably be another 4 months till release. quite a bit of time for optimizing and tweaking. and didn't DE join the team fairly recently? i'm sure they will help quite a bit.

I find the visual claims unexpected. I am not sure if the guy is right, but for a high profile title with outstanding visuals such as Bioshock, it would be the first to look better on PS3. I have my doubts if it is indeed the case.
Are you forgetting Oblivion?

Bioshock looked so good on the 360 and run so smoothly, that I doubt the PS3 port would retain all visual elements plus better aliasing.

If it does, will that change your way of thinking?

From the latest comments I read from here and there, the PS3 generally seems to have many bottlenecks, and in almost every case the PS3 seems to be lucking on multiplatform games at least mildly in some areas.

Besides the latest video I have seen at gametrailers from the PS3 version, looked like it had some framerate issues, and I also think it lacked a bit in textures and lighting.

Actually, it's happened before. More dev time = better games.

Just seen an article regarding the visual's of the PS3 version of Bioshock being better than that of the 360 over at PSU.com - but 2K have said they are going to the exact same.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com at E3, 2K Games senior producer Melissa Miller said that the game, which is being "optimised" by Dark Sector developer Digital Extremes, will look no different to the 360 version.

She said: "We're looking to match the quality of the original version. We want to make sure that the water is just as great, and I think you can see from the demonstration, that it looks no different from the 360 version."

link: http://www.videogamer.com/news/22-07-2008-8885.html

but sure developers and game website's say crazy stuff all the time. haha

Just seen an article regarding the visual's of the PS3 version of Bioshock being better than that of the 360 over at PSU.com - but 2K have said they are going to the exact same.

Speaking to VideoGamer.com at E3, 2K Games senior producer Melissa Miller said that the game, which is being "optimised" by Dark Sector developer Digital Extremes, will look no different to the 360 version.

She said: "We're looking to match the quality of the original version. We want to make sure that the water is just as great, and I think you can see from the demonstration, that it looks no different from the 360 version."

link: http://www.videogamer.com/news/22-07-2008-8885.html

but sure developers and game website's say crazy stuff all the time. haha

As I read it, 2K is saying they won't look worse. If it turns out looking better I'm sure they'll be happy to say that too as they're not really up against 360 sales anymore.

As I read it, 2K is saying they won't look worse. If it turns out looking better I'm sure they'll be happy to say that too as they're not really up against 360 sales anymore.

Hoping we'll have water effects, as the PS3 is certainly capable of them (Uncharted)...sure 360 is as well.

Back