NVIDIA shows signs ... [2008 - 2017]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, but I couldn't resist :-|

2r5uo2c.png
:LOL: Brilliant!

How did you get the comments to show up there? Just curious. I was looking at other companies ((Sony/Intel/AMD)) and I could only see the first comments.

How did you get the comments to show up there? Just curious. I was looking at other companies ((Sony/Intel/AMD)) and I could only see the first comments.

You can only read so many comments; now it says for me "Your full preview has ended... Post your anonymous review for free access to all reviews." and I only see the first ones, but could check out AMD, nVidia and Intel before it did this; removing cookies and/or changing IP would probably give new timer to read 'em

i onyl read the first 10 but they all basiclly say the exact same thing, i woner how many of the 87 say similar things. Could be a big issue for them going forward.

that said i would have to read the AMD/INTEL comments to see if thats the common denomitator type of message or to see here or if NV is really worse then its direct compeditors in this regard.

A site like that would have a pretty strong selection bias for disgruntled or unhappy workers. I'm at a firm that's ranked as one of the best places to work in the world but I can name people who would say similiar things due to issues in their specific situation - their project, team, boss, compensation etc, etc.

But if Nvidia's corporate culture is that weak/shallow then it's a big problem. Nobody on that site expressed any sort of pride in the products or the work that they're doing. Recipe for disaster in the long run IMO.

Well, if every one comes in and says the same things over and over again, ie too much work, not much reward, then what is written there is likely to be closer to truth than rants.

I think the big problem is that as one of the comments pointed out, that Nvidia is the sort of company that is only as good as the talents of it's people. What it makes comes out of the heads of it's staff, and if you can't attract or keep good people because you treat them so badly, then Nvidia has a long term problem.

A lot of those comments do explain the base reasons why Nvidia has been failing to execute. This kind of overwork, ass-covering, people leaving, management problems will cause these kinds of issues when things don't go perfectly. I'm sure any of us that have been in IT or engineering projects have experienced some of these failures in our own working life.

Having said that, a lot of those comments are the sort of things you hear from people in a lot of other companies. That doesn't mean that Nvidia doesn't have problems, just that they have the same issues as a lot of of other companies. However, these other companies are not world-leading companies who should really do better by their staff.

I've noticed that recently there have been a batch of low scores for Nvidia made by people working or recently leaving that company at http://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/NVIDIA-Reviews-E7633.htm . I guess you could also say that the work environment is strained as well?

How do they ensure that only recent/current employees post reviews?

“AMD squandering resources”

Pros

There is little good to be said about working for AMD. The company has no values or philosophy and believes that the way to beat Intel is to change the plan daily. The company does have a number of very good individual contributors, but this resource is squandered by layers and layers of management diluting the end deliverable.

Cons

Poor leadership and lack of company values makes for a soleless relationship

Advice to Senior Management

Sack 1/2 the (program) managers, who actually add little value

<-- that was from their front page and sounds like the rant of a person on a message board. "soleless, not souless" and so on.

DAAMIT workers seem to be lamenting on AMD's inability to execute, I guess mostly on the CPU side, but also the GPU side- perhaps management inertia is too heavy to take more risks. Oh, and on employee benefits and compensation, lots of complaining about money.

But I've not seen DAAMIT get called "mean" in the reviews. Mean. People at least seem to have a semblance of happiness there, iunno. No mentions of sweatshop, dumb execution machines, etc.

I thought NVDA had quite a good internal culture being flat (which DAAMIT clearly wasn't circa 07/08) but what happened?

I saw an nvidia employee actually call DiRT2 a "DX11 Failure" on twitter, does that mean their DX11 products are some way out?

I saw an nvidia employee actually call DiRT2 a "DX11 Failure" on twitter, does that mean their DX11 products are some way out?

Yeah, and a lot further out than they would like you to believe. Only Nvidia would start name-calling on individual software titles because they show up the lack of a Nvidia DX11 part. You don't see AMD or Intel rubbishing software because they haven't got a part ready. All we need is a DX11 Futuremark and Nvidia can throw it's toys out of the pram properly and start calling DX11 something against nature, and anyone who codes for it some kind of baby-eating Satan worshipper. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back