Pure

I am looking forward to trying the demo next month. I hope it's good, well that or EA need to bring out a new SSX, I used to play it so much on my PS2. If this can capute that same feelings then i'm definitely interested.

I don't know what kind of sales this title will achieve but it is under hyped.

A quote from Eurogamer:
It's impossible to ignore Pure's excellent technical qualities. It is, quite simply, an extraordinarily pretty game, with some of the most lavishly detailed tracks ever conceived. With massive draw distances, a rock solid 30 frames per second, and some superbly designed courses, there's a real sense of artistry about the whole project. Nothing is lacking in any way, and the amount of polish applied to every element, from the bikes to the rider animation, gives an unlikely sense of conviction to a game which is, after all, utterly ludicrous on every level.

I feel like doens't stand that much chances against Motorstorm and Wipe Out.
They may have go exclusive, sales will say anyway but 360 would have made sense as there are few racers coming this fall.

I was impressed by the demo and had planned to get it, but then came WipeOut on the same day which will satisfy my racing needs for a while.
It`s not completely off my list, just dropped a bit lower.

Yesterday I sat down and played more of the game and finally got to participate in some of MP with a buddy, and then delve more into the campaign—man, this game just continues to just blow me away!

I could go on and on in elaborate detail about how impressive the graphics are (wait till you play during sunset), how well the AI competes with you without a sense of cheating (no rubber-banding!), the exceptional multi-layered track designs, the choice using a simple or complex vehicle upgrade system, the smooth MP experience (16 player), and the amazingly fun gameplay that wraps all of this together into a shiny, cohesive gaming experience.

I'm going to go out on a limb and call Pure the best arcade racer of the year--and that's coming from someone who really enjoyed Grid and Motor Storm.

I presume that's why warcrow is going out on a limb, making a prediction instead of pointing out what everyone already knows ;)

revisited this demo, it is definitely a lot of fun... don't know if it could keep my attention for more than a couple of weeks but the graphics (360) are gorgeous with sweet particle effects and a very smooth image quality.

the game has some heart thumping fun

Back