Diablo III - It's official

Actually I don't remember, but the pity counter doesn't seem to work for me -Xbox One version-, nor out of guilt or out of pity at least, but it wants to make me pity myself instead. :p

I doubt it's ever off on console. Usually far less patience from a console gamer so I'm sure the drop rate is vastly different.

If anyone is as crappy as I am (still Torment I) and want to team up over the weekend, my battletag is: redacted (send me a message if you want to add me). Just upgraded to Reaper of Souls because of the sale they currently are running on battle.net.

Playing with this Demon Hunter.

I desperately need to replace my level 60 items with the equivalent level 70, especially The Cloak of the Garwulf.

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember reading that with patch 2.1 (which is now out on consoles), one legendary always drop from horardric caches. So you don't need to grind as much to get a RoRG.
I completed two caches today, and got 1 rorg, and 1 sanguine vambrace.

About drop rates, I dont think it's really different between console & pc. Imho, the main difference is that on PC, most people played with vanilla and original RoS which had abysmal drop rates. Patches have increased those rates every few month, until they doubled it during an event and kept it like that.

For example, I usually got 2-4 legendaries per rift on T6, on PC (2.0). I don't play it anymore, but I do get approximately the same rates on console.

I remember reading that with patch 2.1 (which is now out on consoles), one legendary always drop from horardric caches. So you don't need to grind as much to get a RoRG.
I completed two caches today, and got 1 rorg, and 1 sanguine vambrace.

About drop rates, I dont think it's really different between console & pc. Imho, the main difference is that on PC, most people played with vanilla and original RoS which had abysmal drop rates. Patches have increased those rates every few month, until they doubled it during an event and kept it like that.

For example, I usually got 2-4 legendaries per rift on T6, on PC (2.0). I don't play it anymore, but I do get approximately the same rates on console.
You are a lucky boy/girl. I've been lucky too, that is. Yesterday I completed all Act One bounties in Adventure mode and I hadn't unopened Horadric Caches.

So I opened the only one I got because my patience to wait for the pity drop was running thin and there was a Royal Ring of Grandeur :oops: . I had never seen one before. Are the bonus accumulative, so if I use two RRoG you don't need two extra pieces to complete the bonuses you get from a Set?

Plus someone in my friends list sent me a gift. I opened it and there it was, the Legendary item which creates a socket in unsocketed weapons.

I felt so lucky... 'cos the gift seemed to be random. Sometimes you voluntarily send gifts to your friends, other times two legendary items drop, one for you and one for a friend.

One of those is a gift, the one you can't identify, and it's sent to a random person in your friends list.

Another great coincidence was that after the new 2.1 patch got installed on the Xbox One I started the game and then, lucky moment again, the first Treasure Goblin I find opened a portal to The Vault. :smile:

I had never seen The Vault nor the Countess Greed, but my scant amount of money went from something like 400.000 coins to 12 million once I entered. In that game I also got a Legendary gem. :eek: No kidding.

Every single Treasure Goblin I found afterwards never opened a portal to the Vault again. Nor enemies dropped legendaries and stuff.

It happened before to me with Kadala too. I got a Legendary in 1 of my first 5-6 tries, and I felt so lucky.

But then... nothing ever since.

Anyways, they doubled the drop rate and how many Treasure Goblins you meet (this grace lasts a week) on the Xbox One version so I expect to get some cool stuff.

I so want Dabetta's (Set item) hand crossbow, but that item is dodging me. :(

You should be able to give an extra one to your follower though, but you'd be limited in the set items they can equip of course...

Legendaries are unique, you cannot use 2 of any of them.
Ah, okay, you are right. I've found my 2nd RRoG today, again after opening a Horadric Cache, but of course I can't use 2 of them as you mentioned.

My follower -Templar- has two good rares, but while I am happy to have him as a meatshield he doesn't live long in some battles.

Additionally, this entire week a message pops-up when you start Diablo 3 UEE, which says: "Community Event: Treasure Goblins appear in pairs". :smile2:

Something strange happened today. I was playing my typical game, Adventure mode, completing bounties and in the cave of one of those dens, a Rainbow Goblin :) appeared!

I defeated him and he opened a portal to a very colourful place, Whimsydale. :oops:

I knew of that place, but I thought I'd have to play exclusively in a very specific manner to activate the portal -finding items and stuff-, but I was just playing my regular Adventure mode game.

What the hell did I do for the Rainbow portal to swing open? :smile2: I wonder, 'cos I didn't touch anything! I am being very lucky enjoying the most "obscure" parts of this wonderful game.

The Rainbow Goblin always opens a portal to Whimsydale :)

Or at least, that have always been the case for me but I usually ignore it. Not worth the time invested when farming Horadric Caches. I still haven't gotten a RRoG but I am only playing Torment II at the moment.

Torment II is perfectly fine for getting a RoRG. I play on T4-5 and farmed on T2 just for the killing speed.

Torment II is perfectly fine for getting a RoRG. I play on T4-5 and farmed on T2 just for the killing speed.
I think so. In my case I just play Torment. Torment 2 is totally doable now, but it takes some extra time to defeat monsters and for now I just prefer speed.

I got two RoRG after identifying 3 Horadric Caches -individually, one by oen, not in the same game-, so I've been lucky.

The Rainbow Goblin always opens a portal to Whimsydale :)

Or at least, that have always been the case for me but I usually ignore it. Not worth the time invested when farming Horadric Caches. I still haven't gotten a RRoG but I am only playing Torment II at the moment.
Well, I played again in Whimsydale today. :) Another Rainbow Goblin and another portal to that level. I got a legendary belt. In my first game I got a Set ring, but the set doesn't seem very interesting.

Still, I've been lucky there too. It doesn't take much time to clear the level up, unless I am missing something.

Additionally, I don't know why you need all this hassle (spoiler) to open a portal to Whimsydale when I did NOTHING mentioned below and I've been there twice already! :p

Whimsyshire is Diablo III’s secret level, where instead of fighting demons and monsters, you’re pitted against unicorns, cuddly bears, and flowers in an environment with rainbows and happy bouncing clouds with smiley faces. How to get there? First you’ll need the blacksmith plans to craft the staff of herding, which drops from Izual in Act IV. Then you’ll need to collect five rare items: the black mushroom from the cathedral and Leoric’s shinbone from Leoric’s Manor in Act I; Wirt’s bell from town vendor Squirt and liquid rainbow from the mysterious cave in the Dalghur Oasis in Act 2; and, finally, the random gibbering gemstone drop from rare monster Chiltara in the Caverns of Frost in Act III.

Once you collect all that (it’ll take some time and multiple attempts, especially finding the gibbering gemstone), you can forge the staff of herding from Haedrig and then head to the now-glowing crevasse on Old Tristram Road in Act I.
:?::?::?: (there is no need for that)

found out what the difference is. Those 2 Rainbow Goblins my DH has found opened portals to Whimsydale, :) not Whimsyshire.

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Whimsydale

Still, that saves a lot of time for those who don't want to find all the items and stuff to open a portal to Whimsyshire, because Whimsydale and Whimsyshire are basically the same.

I've been playing for about two weeks and I ended up in The Vault the other day. o_O

The boss even killed me and I was upset because I restarted in town, and the portal had gone when I went back... but it was floating around nearby!

I've been playing for about two weeks and I ended up in The Vault the other day. o_O

The boss even killed me and I was upset because I restarted in town, and the portal had gone when I went back... but it was floating around nearby!
How many times have you been in The Vault? The first Treasure Goblin I found -post patch 2.1- opened the portal to The Vault, but I've never been there afterwards. It was just that one time --the first time. :p

Right now I am just playing Nephalem Rifts -I had more than 100 Rift Keystones- over and over. It took me less than 15 minutes to complete a Nephalem Rift today -got an achievement too-, the average being closer to 20 minutes, on Torment 1 difficulty.

But it is fun that way. I avoided Nephalem Rifts at first 'cos the enemies were so tough, but now they are so manageable. Plus they give you a lot of XP! (level 84 Paragon now, and level up a single Paragon level every two Nephalem Rifts or so) :smile2:

The Nephalem Rifts probably have the best time/experience ratio of any area in the game. :smile2: Gotta say that this might not be true, since I didn't try the Greater Rifts yet..., but I fear those. :oops:

I stopped caring about yellow items, except if they are really exceptional. I have some exceptional rares, sure, but Set and Legendaries are just a tad better when the right conditions are met --still rares got me going the entire game.

Back