Diablo III - It's official

I am also getting that "There is nothing better" feeling. I'm sure there are ways to improve, but I'm not sure if it would be enough to get me soloing T6 without changing a lot of things about my build. And I really wish there were more sets for the Witch Doctor. None of the set bonuses really click with my build.

I'll still be able to improve as long as I get a few more pieces of IK to allow combination with Raekor's and Lut but that's pretty much one of the only T6 end-game builds for Barbs. I'm going to try and keep as much of my current fire build as possible but still be able to get the IK 4-piece bonus for the perma-ancients.

The nemesis bracer I keep in my inventory and swap into it and back whenever I activate a shrine. Can never have to many elites :)
:cool: Yup, that's the one, I didn't remember the name.

Talking of Nemesis -the monster who kills your friends who you can then avenge and seems to be only in the console version-, it also appears in Adventure Mode. Not as commonly as in Campaign, but it killed me in Adventure mode, not to break the tradition.

I am also getting that "There is nothing better" feeling. I'm sure there are ways to improve, but I'm not sure if it would be enough to get me soloing T6 without changing a lot of things about my build. And I really wish there were more sets for the Witch Doctor. None of the set bonuses really click with my build.
Torment 5 and 6 are out of many people's league, I think, after trying them just to test things out. No crazy amount of damage can contain those beasts.

Paragon doesn't have a level cap though, I learnt in the Diablo Wiki today. So there is a possibility there. :smile:

The only way you can defeat monsters easily is if you find a shrine that I've found the other day, which chains lighting attacks when you use your weapon.

Dunno if that srhine is in the PC version, but I think so, and with it active I was dealing like 15,000.000 damage to each baddy at times. :oops: Can you believe it??

I dispatched three packs of champions in a record time with it, then when it ends reality kicks in...

The Conduit shrine in Rifts is what you're referring to. When we find one we try to rush through as much as possible as it pretty much insta-kills everything.

:cool: Yup, that's the one, I didn't remember the name.

Talking of Nemesis -the monster who kills your friends who you can then avenge and seems to be only in the console version-, it also appears in Adventure Mode. Not as commonly as in Campaign, but it killed me in Adventure mode, not to break the tradition.

Torment 5 and 6 are out of many people's league, I think, after trying them just to test things out. No crazy amount of damage can contain those beasts.

Paragon doesn't have a level cap though, I learnt in the Diablo Wiki today. So there is a possibility there. :smile:

The only way you can defeat monsters easily is if you find a shrine that I've found the other day, which chains lighting attacks when you use your weapon.

Dunno if that srhine is in the PC version, but I think so, and with it active I was dealing like 15,000.000 damage to each baddy at times. :oops: Can you believe it??

I dispatched three packs of champions in a record time with it, then when it ends reality kicks in...

I can solo T5. It's not easy but definitely not impossible. I will sometimes die against arcane/jailer/waller/desecrator uber elites, but mostly it's okay. It just takes too much longer than T4 for it to be worth my while. But like I said, in a party we can do T5 like gangbusters. Nick and I can do T6 with some difficulty.

I don't think you understand how much time we've spent on our builds :). I do over +110% extra fire damage, ~45% crit chance, and almost +400% extra crit damage. My attack speed is quite high, my life is very high, my Resist All is very high, and my life on hit and per kill is astronomical (I can fully heal in ~4 seconds from near death just by throwing firebombs). I have a legendary gem that causes +22% extra damage to enemies under control impairing effects, and it also slows enemies within a 15 yard radius by 30% (which counts as control impairing). Another gem that increases my primary skill damage by 34% (!) and heals me by 2% every time I hit someone with it. I have a helm that causes mimics to spawn every time use a skill, and they have access to all my skills (spam ice piranhas all over the screen) and do ~75% of my damage. Plus I am immune to poison (17% of poison damage actually heals me) and immune to all control impairing effects (though they can still damage me).

Even with all that, Nick does at least twice the damage that I do.

If you spend enough time and know what you're doing, it's definitely possible to solo the higher torment levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
After the new patch I can solo T6 with my tanky pet witch doctor, but my damage is not high enough so I can only solo record greater rift up to rank 22 or 23.

Personally I think heal on hit is very important for high torment levels, especially for my pet WD as pets also do heal on hit to me. I see more than 100K heal per tick with all 15 fetish pets out. I was interested in building a jade doctor, but I haven't be able to get enough jade set (I only have three right now). With the new patch I'm more interested in making collecting Zunimassa set now. I also haven't get a level 70 RoRG yet, so my fetish pet is limit to 15.

On the other hand, the tall man's finger (replacing zombie dogs with one big dog) is quite interesting. My big dog never die (unlike its smaller cousins) and it can do 10 million non-crit damage per hit with no buff.

Strange, I have obtained complete sets of Jade and Zunimassa many times over. I guess the RNG likes me :)

As an aside, I've tried to figure how much damage I typically do by looking at the floating numbers, but when I use firebats (my main damage dealer), it hits so fast the numbers are all a jumbled mess. I even had my brother watch me play and he couldn't make sense of it either. So all I can say is, I do enough damage to melt most elites in ~8-9 seconds on solo T4. And since firebats in inherently AOE, that would include a few elite minions going down as well.

Oh right, my paper dmg is between 850-900k.

Jailer is avoidable with a Demon Hunter as long as you have Vault, but unlike the Barbarian, as homerdog pointed out already, Leap and Whirlwind are not options if you are walled and can't move anywhere nor confront enemies.
Jailer on a level 35 rift just about instantly kills you. A pack with jailer will gib you in a hurry. Vault lets you leave it, but only if you survive the initial application. I usually survive jailer packs by not being on the screen with them, and if they have teleport and cast it, I just pray that awareness is up and I can get away before they apply it again.

And t6 rifts are a joke once you have the gear (takes me less than 10 minutes). They are about equal to a greater rift of 24 or 25. There are people of every class who have soloed level 40+ greater rifts. A DH has done a 45.

Seems like you guys really know about builds, so I would appreciate any pointers. I've started playing RoS a few weeks ago, I'm clearing T4 now, but would appreciate your input. I have some other important parts for different builds like Magefist, Cindercoat etc., but so far, I think I'm stuck with my lightning build.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Vardant-2871/hero/31617165

i play demonhunters almost most exclusively, but to me it looks like you need more Crit Chance. Your rings/amy are weak, until you level the leg gems up a lot dont worry about them, use rings/amy that have the best combo of ele dmg/int/CC/CD/AS etc.

I can solo T5. It's not easy but definitely not impossible. I will sometimes die against arcane/jailer/waller/desecrator uber elites, but mostly it's okay. It just takes too much longer than T4 for it to be worth my while. But like I said, in a party we can do T5 like gangbusters. Nick and I can do T6 with some difficulty.

I don't think you understand how much time we've spent on our builds :). I do over +110% extra fire damage, ~45% crit chance, and almost +400% extra crit damage. My attack speed is quite high, my life is very high, my Resist All is very high, and my life on hit and per kill is astronomical (I can fully heal in ~4 seconds from near death just by throwing firebombs). I have a legendary gem that causes +22% extra damage to enemies under control impairing effects, and it also slows enemies within a 15 yard radius by 30% (which counts as control impairing). Another gem that increases my primary skill damage by 34% (!) and heals me by 2% every time I hit someone with it. I have a helm that causes mimics to spawn every time use a skill, and they have access to all my skills (spam ice piranhas all over the screen) and do ~75% of my damage. Plus I am immune to poison (17% of poison damage actually heals me) and immune to all control impairing effects (though they can still damage me).

Even with all that, Nick does at least twice the damage that I do.

If you spend enough time and know what you're doing, it's definitely possible to solo the higher torment levels.
:oops: Some of that stuff is pretty impressive. Are you using legendaries exclusively?

Now you make me wonder how much time you spent on your build, as you mention... but you are finally making it work, as my goal is to simply having a build that can complete T4 solo, and then over time, T5 and Torment 6.

Some of the stuff you listed is still unavailable in the console version.

I have some fine legendaries, and I love Set items, and in fact the Skeleton King has been very gracious to me (it's common from him, dunno why) and gave me a nice set item -the Natalya's set, also present in Diablo 2, the hand crossbow- and I also got the Natalya's boots out of luck.

I have another set item that I like a LOT, an armour with 3 sockets. The Shadow's Mantle (DH exclusive I think) set item, Shadow's Bane. So my DH is equipping 3 set items at the moment).

My damage is 389K, and defense is 7429K it says the game.

The damage thing is puzzling me. It is 389K... or it was... minutes ago (it is 839K now :oops:). I switched to a ring that I transmogrified 'cos it added lots of strength, and switched strength for dexterity.

Still, it is confusing, because it has like a 9% chance to perform a critical hit. And I wonder if that 9% summed up for a total of 100% critical hit chance, and my damage went crazy now? :eek:

I don't have the best equipment of the world and I am close to your 900+K damage? How is that even possible? :?: Especially when I was doing fine on Torment 1 with 389K on average?

As I said this happened minutes ago, just before I turned the console off, I just looked at my character's stats after reading your post and last thing I did was transmogrifying and equipping that ring, and then... Odd.

My problem is I don't think there is a possible better weapon in the game for me than Maximus.
I am doing fine with a hand crossbow from the Natalya's set which I socketed, and I wonder if there is something better than that. (it deals 2612 DMG)

http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Natalya%27s_Slayer

What helps a lot is that when you kill 10 enemies in a row without dying you get some kind of white globes that double your damage and you can keep chaining and chaining them eternally and increase the duration of those effects.

Problem is that if you don't hit an enemy in like 3-4 seconds you lose that cool effect -it's totally impossible to carry that effect for an entire level-, but that helps a lot when your damage is not that great.

I don't have the best equipment of the world and I am close to your 900+K damage? How is that even possible? :?: Especially when I was doing fine on Torment 1 with 389K on average?

There are some abilities are like, standing still for some time and your next attack is 300% more effective. If you have these ability then your DPS number will be very high when you meet that condition. Of course, it'll be back to normal right after you make your move.

It's probably not a fair comparison, as I can't even remember what class I used when I ran through the trial a couple of years ago, but egads this is feels a lot more fun than the last time I played! My wizard is veeooping her way through everything (started on Hard), running around like a demented blue-tinted Cyclops (from the X-Men, not Greek mythology) with that ice beam, and generally having a whale of a time. OK, I'm only an hour in. But it's nice nice.

And for the new page: 50% off on Battle.net until October 6th (just buy it from the Battle.net US store and gift it to yourself to get it cheaper than UK or EU prices).

Don't forget bonus damage, like +% elemental and +% elites.
You can have 700K paper sheet damage and actually do 2M with bonus applied.
This is the real difference between T1 and T6

Don't forget bonus damage, like +% elemental and +% elites.
You can have 700K paper sheet damage and actually do 2M with bonus applied.
This is the real difference between T1 and T6

Ya as I was gearing up my wizard my base sheet dps went from 1300000 (just high damage legendary pieces) to about 1000000 (good set pieces and best in slot items like royal ring of grandeur, stone of jordan), but he also has +70% fire and +62% to elites and the ability to apply a dot that ticks at 3000% damage until the afflicted dies. So his actual damage isn't really comparable.

Also legendary gems will drop your sheet dps (socket on jewelry instead of a stat), but they make an incredible difference. Each one can add more than 20%.

Yeah, using my WD as an example. My WD's "base sheet" DPS is about 740K. However, I timed once when I was fighting T6 Skeleton King. He has about 3.7 billion HP. It took me around 76 seconds to take him down. Without counting those minions he brought up (those have very small HP pool anyway), that'd be nearly 50 million DPS.

Back