Diablo III - It's official

After Asian server fiasco, I just started playing recently. I was considering on getting a refund from Blizzard Korea but I decided not to.
Playing 1~2 hours a day. Having fun, I guess. But the problem is.. all my friends (and colleagues) quit playing Diablo III. :(

After Asian server fiasco, I just started playing recently. I was considering on getting a refund from Blizzard Korea but I decided not to.
Playing 1~2 hours a day. Having fun, I guess. But the problem is.. all my friends (and colleagues) quit playing Diablo III. :(

I didn't think the Korean returns would be massive.

I wonder how much money did Blizzard lose with that.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012/07/04/blizzard-rejects-linux-ban-claims-blames-cheating/

Something that needs to be investigated. Blizzard's word at this point can't be trusted with regards to Diablo 3, but this is plausible. It could be that a higher percentage of Linux players are cheating in some fashion, and it could also be that Blizzard's being a bunch of jackasses as usual. Until someone/a group of someones investigates the hell out of this, all we have are hunches.

Myself, I think Blizzard's just being dumb again.

Diablo3 uses an updated version of the Warden anticheat software used in WoW and SC2. That was fixed to allow Wine usage years ago after some WoW players got banned. It seems more reasonable that cheaters got banned and are trying to find a scapegoat.

EDIT- And exactly how many people got banned for "using Wine" isn't exactly clear. If it was everyone then it would probably be accidental, but I don't think that many were complaining.

Servers are down again...

I was kind of slowly enjoying the game, leveling all the classes to nightmare, and that server stigmata appears again.
It's really bothering it's a day of for me today. I know tomorrow it's Tuesday... no game for me...

How many pwople are stilk playing?
I do but not much, neither that often.
I stopped playing and I don't know when I will come back, if I ever come back.

I loved Diablo 2 to death. I also considered myself a PC gamer for a few years -although I started out as a console gamer when I was a kid-.

My collection of PC games is pretty good.

But my latest fling with PC gaming doesn't feel at any level remotely near what I feel when I play on a console.

I packed my bags. Deep down I am a console gamer at heart.

Sorry to hear about the maintenance thing. That's what dependence and DRM do to people.

Servers are down again...
(...)

It's funny how all "professional" reviewers gave the game a pretty high score because all of them assumed the server issues would last a week.

It's been four (4) weeks and the server issues still remain... Many people have stopped playing the game and the issues still remain.

It's been four (4) weeks and the server issues still remain... Many people have stopped playing the game and the issues still remain.

I don't know... my friends and I play several days a week, and apart from the "scheduled maintenance" we don't really encounter any server problem recently. So maybe we are just lucky?

I don't know... my friends and I play several days a week, and apart from the "scheduled maintenance" we don't really encounter any server problem recently. So maybe we are just lucky?

Does WoW have weekly, hours-long "scheduled maintenance" periods?

Honest question, I wouldn't know.

Yesterday US (which pretty much had no issues since early launch) were down for a significant amount of times. The mintenance still happened today.

The IT needs to get fired, honestly they suck.

What kind of server issues are you guys talking about?
Apart from Asian server fiasco last month, I havn't encountered any server issues lately.

I quit the game. Boring playability, which is a shame.

Still wish the story would have been better, guess I will be back when they release an expansion or DLC.

Yes, every Tuesday for years and years now.
Every other week it's just a realm restart, which takes maybe 10-15 mins to complete and then you're back in business again. The same does not seem to be the case with D3 though, the game's brought down for maintenance for 6-8 hours every week from what I saw while I still played. That's hard to understand for me, since D3 should have a much smaller amount of dynamic, player data than WoW does, with all its instance lockouts, items and bank contents, achievements, thousands of quests, tons of currencies of various types and so on.

I quit the game. Boring playability, which is a shame.

Still wish the story would have been better, guess I will be back when they release an expansion or DLC.

I'm about to that point. Not playing too much of it the last few weeks. Just no point in it with itemization so horribly borked. Looking foward to Torchlight 2 though. And I threw $50 at the Grim Dawn Kickstarter.

Every other week it's just a realm restart, which takes maybe 10-15 mins to complete and then you're back in business again. The same does not seem to be the case with D3 though, the game's brought down for maintenance for 6-8 hours every week from what I saw while I still played. That's hard to understand for me, since D3 should have a much smaller amount of dynamic, player data than WoW does, with all its instance lockouts, items and bank contents, achievements, thousands of quests, tons of currencies of various types and so on.

It used to be same in WoW for years, can't remember at what point exactly they switched to restarts every now and then instead of full blown maintenance every week, but anyway

Does WoW have weekly, hours-long "scheduled maintenance" periods?

Honest question, I wouldn't know.

Yes, every Tuesday for years and years now.

Every other week it's just a realm restart, which takes maybe 10-15 mins to complete and then you're back in business again.

So in the end, I guess the answer is no. WoW does not have weekly, hours-long "scheduled maintenace" periods.
Right?

Back