Diablo III - It's official

Okay. I think I will ride it through eventually.

BTW: This just in:

Congratulations on your successful auction in Diablo III!
Item name 1 Intractable Armor
Sale price EUR5.00
Transaction fee EUR1.00
Transfer fee EUR0.60
Applicable taxes EUR0.00
Your proceeds EUR3.40

The proceeds from this auction will be automatically transferred to your PayPal account. Please allow up to 72 hours for the proceeds to transfer. To view this auction, please see the "Completed" tab in the Diablo III Auction House user interface.

Thank you for participating in the Diablo III Auction House!

I´m just on Normal starting act 3 and someone already pays 5 euros of real money for one of my in game items? How sick is that?

Yeah. Not to get ahead of myself: I better keep my dayjob to say the least as it´s not a successful get rich quick scheme or anything like that... but who knows, maybe this game will just about pay itself back before I´m finished with it. Games don´t usually do that ;)

I was thinking of trying the game out by downloading the starter edition, but I just look at this thread, and think I can't be asked to deal with all the drama when I could be playing something else instead of experiencing all this nonsense.

It can't be good for Blizzard when a hardcore gamer doesn't even want to play a demo of the game because of their incompetence. Yeah, I'm sure they're mopping up their tears with their piles of money...

He got his money too, his Battle.net balance was over the cap or something and the system wouldn't allow a deposit right away or something.

wah... so people are asking 250 usd for some in game item? Rare as though they may be... damn... that´s a lot of money for even the nicest magic wand :D

I was thinking of trying the game out by downloading the starter edition, but I just look at this thread, and think I can't be asked to deal with all the drama when I could be playing something else instead of experiencing all this nonsense.

It can't be good for Blizzard when a hardcore gamer doesn't even want to play a demo of the game because of their incompetence. Yeah, I'm sure they're mopping up their tears with their piles of money...

You're assuming everyone is experience similar issues. A majority of the problems were limited to EU and they're all but resolved? US has been pretty much without any problems.

I *may* have bought a ring on the gold AH for about 1mil, and sold it on the RMAH for £40. TBF, it was a very nice ring, the guy who put it on the normal AH undervalued it. But I've made my money back for the game now, am happy.

I have no intention of messing around on the RMAH. People are already taking it way too seriously. I still want to see how many people quit their jobs so they could play D3 all day and make a living.

I've sold a total of one item on the "normal" AH. If I can manage those items and in-game gold enough to buy what I need, I'll be fine. No need to spend any more of my actual money doing it.

I'm not playing anymore, but to be honest I actually reinstalled the game the other day... Silly me. I might be tempted to re-make a mage, a female this time, because mage gameplay was actually pretty fun when the game was fun. I still don't like the uneven difficulty curve with the extremely punishing random boss mobs that can appear out of the blue (I've had two or three boss mob packs appear at the same time making things even worse).

I also feel the game's too short, and the ramping difficulty even in inferno means you'll be concentrating on the last act only to get the best loot. Instead, all of the final skill level of the game should have been the same difficulty, with loot having the same chance to drop from any act. This to add some variety in a game that doesn't have much variety to begin with.

There should also be more areas to each act, dungeons with more levels and so on. Fully random areas perhaps, if Blizzard feels it's too much work designing all the map perimeters by hand.

Character customization is also fairly low if one wants to foster longevity in the game. Removing the mystic was a mistake IMO, as was removing glyphs. With no stat points and automatically assigned skills during leveling (which makes leveling boring), and scaling skill levels, there isn't much left to play with when it comes to customizing your character. Gem the gear, pick the skills, and pick skill runes. That's it.

I don't see D3 becoming the ageless classic D2 was, especially considering how horribly rotten game performance is on low-spec computers. Framerate sags like crazy on my macbook, which is insane. The game isn't very demanding graphics-wise, why is it running so poorly even with all settings on low?

3 on 4 stopped playing it already, 1 uninstalled after a week.
That rates it way lower than TitanQuest for us.

3 on 4 stopped playing it already, 1 uninstalled after a week.
That rates it way lower than TitanQuest for us.

Oh no don't count me as stopped playing, it's just the week or two with Civ5's new expansion and then back to diablo, i still do 3-4 act1 inferno runs a week even with Civ5

How many pwople are stilk playing?
I do but not much, neither that often.

I had waited for patch 1.03 before starting inferno. Played a bit of inferno and realized the changes are no good for me. At this point, there is no fun to continue. Too bad.

I am still playing (mostly with my friends, doing Inferno act I runs).

One of the biggest problem right now (and before) is, the difficulty jump between Hell and Inferno is simply too big. There's really no "guidance" on how to properly choose equipments. One can easily play Hell thinking he does not need more armor/resist and go all out for DPS, and then burned badly in Inferno. Ideally, there should be a more smooth transition between the difficulties.

Another problem is this game is probably too short, especially Act 4. I guess that Blizzard wanted to do a quick 1 ~ 60 and focus "end game" on Inferno, but that apparently doesn't work (and they admit it now). I think the level process is also too quick. One can easily reach level 60 within a week by playing a few hours a day. That's not very good. So what you get is either people spending a lot of time farming Inferno after the first week (that wears out rather quickly), or people hit Inferno, finding it's too difficult, and then quit.

There are already many good suggestions on how to fix this on the internet, and I hope Blizzard find a way. PVP could help, but personally I don't do PVP. For PVE, I think there probably needs to be some more challenges with meaningful rewards (other than current achievements). For example, there can be a "PVE arena" where you can fight some very difficult boss with, say, guaranteed rare drops. But the boss can be made very difficult so you are expected to die several times before being able to down them for the first time. In order to avoid losing money on repair, the repair cost can be reduced in these "PVE arena." (Note that this is simply a random idea, I'm not saying this is where Blizzard should definitely go).

Is repair cost a big problem at 60/inferno? Coz during leveling it's barely even an inconvenience.

Is repair cost a big problem at 60/inferno? Coz during leveling it's barely even an inconvenience.

If you don't die often, it's not (it was, but the problem was fixed).

However, if you want to make some challenging end game boss which may take multiple tries to kill (like a raid boss in MMORPG), then maybe the repair cost needs to be lowered a bit for them.

Considering how easy it is to get money, some 20-40k repairbills aren't that bad, imo

Back