Diablo III - It's official

I re-installed the game -Grall, I think it isn't that bad, but it's not Diablo 2 to me
It isn't D2 for me either, I played D2 actively for over four years, and for much of that time it was many hours per week.

I'm now over and DONE with D3, a month after release. It's a sucky game, and it's let me down for the last time. After I run into another pack of lethal, unkillable random elites I deleted all my toons, saving my level 1 placeholder barb for last so that I would not be able to undelete them again should I change my mind, but right now I'm just so pissed at this game I'd as soon never play it again ever. Can't believe I waited this long for such a terrible turd of a followup.

Can't say that all that much of my faith in Blizzard remains after fucking panda-wow and now this. Clearly, the allure of shitloads of cash influx from the real-money auctionhouse dictated large sections of gameplay. I hoped before the game's release it would not affect the game, but clearly I was wrong. I also hoped that the always-on DRM wouldn't hinder people either and clearly I was wrong there as well. It's been one bungling after the other, realms down for maintenance hour after hour one day, and then the same shit again the very next day and so on.

I'm terribly disappointed.

They are making the difficulty curve in inferno slightly less "brick wall", increasing drop rates of higher level items, and allowing higher level items to drop a bit earlier in difficulty levels than they did previously, greatly reducing the cost of training the blacksmith and jewelcrafter, reducing crafting costs and lots more.

Patch notes here: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/6457499

They fucked most of the above up pretty badly. My play group is about ready to quit en masse. I took my 60 monk out for about 10 minutes in Inferno Act 1, didn't die once. . .repair cost was 2k gold. Got a 44 yellow though. Uber!!! F'n Blizzard.

I don't believe it's that they can't, it's that they only do it every few days unless it is from a completely separate IP subnet or different computer. Basically try to annoy you less with authenticator requests.

No, I mean it hangs at authenticating and gives me a 3007 error...on the second third or fourth launch it works...

It's probably Blizzard Irvine HQ having tracked all your ascerbic comments about not being able to play during long-haul flights, and now retaliating against you. :)

This is such total bollocks:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888808976?page=1

Outside of the issue that we fixed, digital purchases do require a review period before they kick over from Starter to Full editions. We apologize for the inconvenience, but it is a necessary step to combat fraud and other malicious activities that can weaken everyone's play experience.

The delay is no longer than three days, and is often much quicker than that. Hang tight. :)

Ohhhh so this is one of those games you pay for now and get to play 3 days later. How wonderful.
¨
I have killed skeleton king and the game then says I have "starter edition" and I cant get to act 2.
Sigh.

This is such total bollocks:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5888808976?page=1

Ohhhh so this is one of those games you pay for now and get to play 3 days later. How wonderful.
¨
I have killed skeleton king and the game then says I have "starter edition" and I cant get to act 2.
Sigh.

It's worse than that. There are people who had the "full edition" yesterday and characters beyond act 1 who now find they are stuck back at "starter edition". Looks like Blizzard broke something serious with this latest patch.

Found this :

Refunds for Some Korean Diablo III Owners :

"WSJ" has word that Blizzard will be offering some Diablo III owners in South Korea refunds over complaints about connectivity issues impeding play that prompted the Korean FTC to raid Blizzard's Seoul offices (thanks VG247). Here's word:

In a message posted on its website, the company said Diablo III players who are less than Level 40, about two-thirds of the way through the program can apply for a refund from June 25 to July 3.

Blizzard will also accept returns from any players less than Level 20, around a third of the way through the program within 14 days of purchase from now on.

In early June, the company set up more servers in Korea to cope with connectivity issues. To compensate users further, Blizzard said it would offer Diablo III users a 30 day free trial of another hot online game, Star Craft: Wings of Liberty.

wsj : http://blogs.wsj.com/korearealtime/2012/06/19/diablo-gamers-1-blizzard-0/?KEYWORDS=blizzard

They are imho doing a good job at killing a really strong Ip that could have seen many extension.
I'm almost already out.
I believe that titanquest is a flat out better game and I still have sweet spot for sacred 2.
Lot of bugs have been fixed in the latter.

It isn't D2 for me either, I played D2 actively for over four years, and for much of that time it was many hours per week.

I'm now over and DONE with D3, a month after release. It's a sucky game, and it's let me down for the last time. After I run into another pack of lethal, unkillable random elites I deleted all my toons, saving my level 1 placeholder barb for last so that I would not be able to undelete them again should I change my mind, but right now I'm just so pissed at this game I'd as soon never play it again ever. Can't believe I waited this long for such a terrible turd of a followup.

Can't say that all that much of my faith in Blizzard remains after fucking panda-wow and now this. Clearly, the allure of shitloads of cash influx from the real-money auctionhouse dictated large sections of gameplay. I hoped before the game's release it would not affect the game, but clearly I was wrong. I also hoped that the always-on DRM wouldn't hinder people either and clearly I was wrong there as well. It's been one bungling after the other, realms down for maintenance hour after hour one day, and then the same shit again the very next day and so on.

I'm terribly disappointed.
The game itself is not bad, if you don't think of it as a Diablo game, but when you do, I only find problems with it compared to the previous iterations of the game.

Even for Battlenet users -I like SP the most but anyways-, the social aspect of the game is worse, in 2012! When Diablo 2 came out the Internet was much rare those days.

Now in 2012 people don't seem to talk in the net. There aren't games with a description anymore -Baal run, act 1 norm, act 1 start, cows nightmare-, etc etc.

For a game that is so user UNFRIENDLY and want to boast about an only-online connection every time, that says a lot about this turd.

You don't make friends because of the clumsy, slow and confusing chat, and when you try to chat with friends sometimes they don't reply because of that.

1) Resistances system is not as comprehensive as in Diablo 2.

2) There is a lot less run speed on items. (I loved a Vigor Paladin with run items in Diablo 2)

3) Twinking characters has become boring cause the ilvl requirements are taken straight from WoW, not from Diablo. Not to mention the boring uniques.

4) Characters, bosses, etc, talk too much. This is unusual for a Diablo game.

5) No stats and skills allocation is also a big problem. I still remember Silent_Buddha complaining about this when I thought it wasn't bad, and now I understand him completely.

6) Starting over with a new build is impossible, makes no sense, there aren't builds. Just characters and then you choose while Blizzard unlock everything for you automatically.

7) I got a lot more excitement from certain drops -runes, uniques, etc- in Diablo 2 than for anything I've found in Diablo 3 so far.

8) The story, the cinematics, were incredible in Diablo 2 compared to this, an example of bad writing.

9) They destroyed The Butcher, one of the most charismatic, fearsome characters of Diablo. It's so sad seeing that now with better graphics... how pathetic the Butcher is, he is no fearsome, imposing anymore. He was both in the original Diablo with its graphics.

I am also disappointed, very much so. I wanted to play yesterday but I didn't even fell like it in the end, I left in the main screen after downloading the last patch.

I wonder how the "new" Blizzard vomited Diablo 3, such a boring barf it is. Puke!

Not sure why you're barfing on the Butcher per se Cyan... All he ever did in the original Diablo game was deliver his well-known one-liner, then come at you swinging his cleaver over and over in the same mechanical manner like an overweight, pudgy one-armed bandit slot machine and on higher difficulties stunlock you until you ran out of potions and died unless you had enough gear with extra health on it to avoid that fate.

Not sure what's so fearsome about that. More like...annoying, really.

I finally managed to get further in the game after the starter edition nonsense.

The main problem is: The game is utterly boring. There´s no pacing. There´s no variety... it just goes like this:
Run a while, kill a lot of baddies, run a while, kill a lot of baddies, run a while, kill a lot of baddies. back to city, sell some stuff, back to action, run a while, kill a lot of baddies. There´s no challenge (Im still on normal of course) It´s like I chop and hack and slash these enemies but my thoughts are elsewhere. I start daydreaming while playing, thinking of other things entirely. Actually, Diablo 3 is the first game where I have literally fallen asleep while playing.

It is okay to play it for an hour and then take a break from it and play some puzzle game ( I recommend quantum conundrum) for a while and then come back for some more hack and slash...

Normal mode is quite easy yeah. It's intended for beginners really. On higher difficulties you have to actually try.

And yes, the game is really just kill monsters, get loot, kill more, just like the earlier games. But seriously, you will have more fun with friends. Spent a couple hours doing inferno with 3 friends last night and it was alot of fun.

It's Diablo 3... the 3rd after Diablo 1 and Diablo 2, both of which were exactly the same type of game as well. I'm not sure what you were expecting. As mentioned, if it's the difficulty you're not happy with, there are 3 higher difficulty levels to go yet.

So... should I first finish it on Normal? How is it meant to be played?

Im a bit confused as Im only starting act 3 and Im on level 26 already. I think I´ll reach max level a lot before I finish the game even for second time.

And yeah... I would have expected a bit more than diablo with new graphics... some sort of pacing. A slight bit of variety... Be it mild puzzles or maybe lockpicking minigame or something like that. More depth to and tinkering and tweaking with character development. Anything that isnt just pure hack and slash all the time.

So... should I first finish it on Normal? How is it meant to be played?

Im a bit confused as Im only starting act 3 and Im on level 26 already. I think I´ll reach max level a lot before I finish the game even for second time.

And yeah... I would have expected a bit more than diablo with new graphics... some sort of pacing. A slight bit of variety... Be it mild puzzles or maybe lockpicking minigame or something like that. More depth to and tinkering and tweaking with character development. Anything that isnt just pure hack and slash all the time.

You play it through on normal, then nightmare, then hell, then inferno if you can.
You'll reach max level probably sometime in hell difficulty, act 3 or 4.

Yeah, you have no choice. If you want to play on a harder level you have to beat it on all the lesser levels first.

Back