Diablo III - It's official

Are you running Archon? A lot of people I've run into think it sucks because of the long cd, but it's godly when there's tough packs or large spawns of mobs (archon runs 1 second longer for each mob you kill), it increases your defenses as well as your offense.

I will say it tends to kill me killed at times because you can't cast a defense while its up, but usually a health potion is enough to keep me alive with it through a tough combo and you should be able to force out some health bubbles with it.

Yeah I used Archon at times also. It's got it's use cases.

Never used energy armor, and apparently my gear sucks too, in late parts of Act 1 Hell now.

I currently use Shock Pulse (Piercing Orb rune), Ray of Frost (Cold Blood rune), Diamond Skin (Crystal Shell rune), Hydra (Venom Hydra rune), Teleport (Fracture rune) and Frost Nova (Cold Snap rune), coupled with Blur, Astral Presence and Glass Cannon (in case of too hard elite/boss/whatever I'll switch Glass Cannon to Illusionist)

I've been happy with this combo:

Magic Missile > Penetrating
Familiar > with damage boost
Magic Weapon > with damage boost
Venom Hydra on right click
Diamond skin > soak up double damage
Energy Armor > Increase mana by 20

My DPS at Act 1 is around 4.6k and armor around 3000. I can boost my DPS to 5k but not worth the vitality drop (I think).

Last edited by a moderator:
i got a monk there now, its pretty much impossible unless your willing to spend god knows how many hours farming gold to buy stuff in the auction house.

doesnt sound like a fun or productive way to spend my time, i think im pretty much done with this game.

sadly i only got a single legendary item in many playthroughs, even worse is that it sucks, the stats on them are mostly random, compared to d2 where i had mules full of cool set items and uniques, and i never even had a max level char in that game.

kinda feels like theyre just priming everyone to buy all the cool stuff from the rmah, which kinda defeats the purpose of playing the game in the first place.

Act II inferno is definitely frustrating. Moreso because their claims that diablo is a multiplayer game and playing co-op only serves to make it significantly more difficult. With the enchantress I can handle the stuff much better than with friends (who are geared about the same as me).

Yeah, mobs scale up in damage the more players join the same game in inferno from what I read. Sounds REEEAL fun...

Oh and btw, if I'd been there when that fucker shot that clip that Cookie Monster linked, I'd bashed his teeth out with his own camera and put THAT on youtube... Asshole. Anyone who torments kids deserve to be helped on his way down to hell.

Yeah, mobs scale up in damage the more players join the same game in inferno from what I read. Sounds REEEAL fun...

I think this is a big problem. In earlier difficulties (including normal and nightmare, and to some extent hell) 2 or more players games are generally easier than one player. However, it's not the case in inferno (and later acts in hell). This is, IMHO, stupid, because one of the major point of Diablo 3 is the random public game. That means, if you want to use that feature, you'll play with random people a lot. It's impossible to coordinate well with strangers than with friends, obviously, so they should tune down multi-player difficulty. I'm not saying it should be much easier, but when a single gamer defeated Diablo in inferno earlier than 4 well-coordinated professional gamers (in 4-player game), the problem is very clear.

What puzzles me is, they already did this in World of Warcraft. They know about it. But they still made this mistake.

Speaking of, I opened up my game to public and 3 people joined around the same level. 1.5+ million HP elites to fight. Act 1 in Hell. As you can imagine it was a lot easier to solo with a follower.

I have read in the news that some people actually got three big pineapples for their money... poor guy :)
AAAAHHHAHAHA! That's hilarious! Well, not really I guess, it's pretty mean to cheat people. Gotta be the three most expensive pineapples you can buy in China!

I think this is a big problem. In earlier difficulties (including normal and nightmare, and to some extent hell) 2 or more players games are generally easier than one player.
Yeah, this sounds like it would be enormously problematic. I've also had big problems finding GOOD random public games - seriously, like 8/10 games have been one guy just standing in town doing nothing, and most of the remaining games have been populated with seriously inept people running around like headless chickens and sometimes getting me killed in the process.

So, random game in Inferno would seem like a total lose-lose proposition, at least on the surface. Maybe fewer people who bothered to play up to inferno would not just stand and laze about idly in town, but I wouldn't dare betting money on it.

Fancied a game of Diablo... Nope, battlenet servers offline again... Well, guess I'll start playing Skrim earlier than expected lol.

The online aspect of D3 has really been a bit of a mess. For a company that spent so many years with Diablo2 as a single player game, so many years with Warcraft/Starcraft online they've really dropped the ball on what could have been a great game. A single player mode (for flights, travel, blizzard server downtime) would have made it less frustrating even if you couldn't use that character online.

Fancied a game of Diablo... Nope, battlenet servers offline again... Well, guess I'll start playing Skrim earlier than expected lol.

The online aspect of D3 has really been a bit of a mess. For a company that spent so many years with Diablo2 as a single player game, so many years with Warcraft/Starcraft online they've really dropped the ball on what could have been a great game. A single player mode (for flights, travel, blizzard server downtime) would have made it less frustrating even if you couldn't use that character online.

This time around it is something with Battle.net. There is no indication of when it is going to be fixed ("as soon as possible" = 5 more hours or 3 days or 4 weeks?), nor what the problem actually is.

They might as well have written - "you can't play the game you paid for, but you probably will be some time in the future. Suck it up."

Blizzard could be a bit better as far as communication is concerned.

This time around it is something with Battle.net. There is no indication of when it is going to be fixed ("as soon as possible" = 5 more hours or 3 days or 4 weeks?), nor what the problem actually is.

They might as well have written - "you can't play the game you paid for, but you probably will be some time in the future. Suck it up."

Blizzard could be a bit better as far as communication is concerned.

It is possible that they give you some "blizzard cash" (you know, you can add cash to your battle.net account now) if the problems continue long, kinda like in WoW you got free days in case of problems in Blizz's end taking long enough

I wrote a similar post on diablo.incgamers.com already.

Unbelievable enough I am going to criticize a Diablo game.

I am told this some years ago and I would laugh, but that's it.

I have tried Torchlight 2 beta this past weekend from the original creators of Diablo, and I *shouldn't* have tried it.

I insist I can't believe I am saying this (loved D2 to death! I even wrote guides for it), but the little I have seen of Torchlight 2 -I have Torchlight 1 on the Xbox 360 too- got me really hooked and I found it much more fun than Diablo 3. It is obvious original Diablo creators still retain their unique talent.

As the great king of the genre, when the release date of Diablo 3 was announced, many of us thought Runic Games had better changed their launch date for Torchlight 2 to some date before Diablo 3.

To which Torchlight 2 developers replied that they were not afraid of Diablo 3. And now I understand them after playing Torchlight 2, because for me it's obvious they have something that not only can make life difficult for Diablo 3 but also can stand up to the *great* king and its DRM.

The pupil surpasses the teacher. Who would say this now, but considering the AH that is made to rip off users, the DRM ... and the fact that Torchlight 2 allows you to play online and single player equally, you can make mods, etc ...

I won't conspire against Blizzard but even if I always had them deified, this has changed. I don't think I can promise loyalty.

Not when Torchlight 2 is sheer love, unlike Diablo 3 -for now-. There is no amount of love in this world that doesn't get wasted when you are receiving so little, no matter how much you love or want to love.

I pre-ordered Torchlight 2 for the PC already. The little I played it seemed to me it is going to be my new Diablo 2 of the modern days.

See you Diablo 3 -left the game in Act 2 Normal, I got bored of it for now-

I believe in the torchlight 2 team, theres only one ex-diablo guy from blizzard working.

Secondly, looks like tuesdays (NZ time so I guessing mondays for the rest of you guys) are the weekly maintenance day. Normally 8 hours.

Lastly, I came across a hell elite mob with .. extra health, fire chains, molten thingies AND arcane sentries. Ah good times..

Diablo 3 is a depressing game yet I play on wanting to kill off those rare mobs and find better items. The addiction is kicking in and god forbid when PvP enters into the fray.

I'm inNightmare since yesterday.
I died a lot as as soon as I got there I changed my spells selection. The first cellar I entered was inhabit by some naughty walking corpse (hasted, damage reflection). I died many times and give up on them (the cellar was super tiny it constrained my usual tactics).
For a while I switched to ranged spells (magic missile, arcane torrent, hydra) and did well.
I'm back to meleeing goatmen and giant trees.
I like to melee with my wizzie. This time I use storm armor and I passed on any offensive spell for the armor, the familiar and magic weapon. For defense I have crystal skin and frost nova.
It's working, surprisingly.

I got an henchmen. I first went with the templar as it sounded right for a wizard but I switched to enchantress and never looked back (no matter I was long range or meleeing). To me she is way more useful.

Honestly I still don't have any complain about the game but lag, bad always online implementation. It's really noticeable when you have an unstable connection like me. It killed me many time already.

EDIT
When I say no spell I mean only 1 signature spell, spell blade

Last edited by a moderator:
Asian servers were down last night when I logged at midnight EST.

Got my barb to 59.5, beat Diablo on Hell last night. Now just need to grind Act 4 a bit to hit 60. Friends I regularly group with have been throwing some good upgrades my way, and I spent about 100k on the AH last night bringing my lvl 45-55 gear up to 59 so I can better survive Inferno's first act.

Error 37 - servers are busy.
Error 37 - servers are busy.
Error 73 - servers down.

Had 6 nights of playing game and enjoyed them
Had 4 nights unable to log in.
Perhaps I'm just being unlucky but I'm approaching being unable to play the game 50% of the time... As much as I love Blizzard there's pretty good grounds for a refund tbh. I can understand why a decent number of people want their money back tbh. I'm not there yet as would like to give them the benefit of the doubt as a long time fan of their franchises but if I was new to them as a company I'd be very unhappy.

Back