Diablo III - It's official

What!!!!!

I posted this before and it disappeared
As Alphawolf pointed out already that's just impossible for Diablo 3, I think.

In regards to the difficulty level of the game Silent mentioned, I am having a very hard time. Others might find it easier, others average, etc. But here are a few very interesting links on the matter to help you reach your own conclusion:

http://diablo.incgamers.com/forums/showthread.php?829608-This-game-is-hard

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/more-blizzard-posts-on-diablo-3s-lack-of-difficulty

And this is an article about the *infinite* end game of Diablo, and how Blizzard want to implement it.

http://www.diablowiki.net/End_game

I can't imagine right now how a hardcore -for starters, a mode where you only have a single life, one death = Game Over- :) character can survive throughout Diablo 3.

I remember Hell after 1.10 patch Diablo 2 was really really tough, and now there is one superior difficulty level. But then there is the Magic Find and the drops... so tempting.:smile:

My char atm

triluna.jpg

Why the *#$@ is there no multi-monitor support?
Isn't that option available when you enable Fullscreen Windowed? As far as I know that's what that option does.

RE: Davros, I said I think because who knows.... maybe there is a cheat to complete the game in a couple of hours and I am unaware of its exsitence. But I am still in Act 1 and by no means you can complete the game in 2 hours, not even rushing. Especially when I have played like 7 hours and Act 1 is still unfinished.

Sure, it's my first walkthrough and I am advancing slowly to learn about the history, lore, exploring every nook and cranny, etc, but if there isn't a cheat it's just impossible.

On a different note, someone spoiled the secret level of Diablo 3 -a similar feature to the secret cow leve in Diablo 2, just a very different atmosphere- for me... :cry:

Your system shouldn't need more than one graphics card for D3. There's not much overdraw in the game for example.
*Edit: just checked myself. Even at 2560*1440, one of my 6970s clocked at 500MHz can run D3 fine, provided I turn off vsynch. Otherwise it drops to 30FPS, due to Blizzard not using triplebuffering. (NOOBS!)

As for the game's difficulty, I've died five times so far (I haven't finished it); 3 deaths in act II (two to random elite mob packs, one to the endboss), and then two in act III, one to another random mob pack which may have been two elite packs at once, I don't remember, and the other when I was standing still destroying some barrels and three-four fireballs landed on me and wiped me out.

It's not a ludicrously easy game for sure, but if one levels up the blacksmith and crafts gear then it gets easier. Of course, you need shitloads of essence to craft higher-level gear, and the propensity for this game to craft strength gear for my wizard means I typically don't get anything I actually need when I try to craft... Lol. I've theorized that the blacksmith has to be both drunk, high, blind and insane, considering the shit he hands over to me.

"Ah made yeh a strength hat me friend."

"But I'm a wizard."

"Yeh, here's a strength bracer too."

"Wizards use intellect."

"Sorry, sorry. Try on these dexterity pants will yeh."

"What did I just say?"

"Errrr... Strength?"

*Edit again:
Finished Act III for the first time just now. Interesting cinematic! Not unexpected something like that would happen (the game IS Diablo after all), but the way it happened was most unexpected.
I wasn't even sure there would BE more than 3 acts TBH, considering you (pretty much) go to Hell to kill Azmodan... Did some socketing of my gear too. Curious to see how I'll do in Act IV.

I decided to take a break first before proceeding with saving the world some more, check the forums etc. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
lol all i seem to get is int/str gear.

i made about 15 pairs of apprentice level shoulder gears before i ran out of crafting components on my monk.

still havent gotten dex gear.

Yeah, that's annoying me, too. You think they would take your class into consideration when rolling the dice on what gear you get. Even if it's still RNG, a monk should have a much higher chance of getting Dex gear than a Wizard does.

Frankly, I wish I just had the ability to pick and choose exactly what I want on the gear. I know what stats I want, but so far the game hasn't really given them to me.

Can anyone tell me if a Radeon HD 7750 with 1GB of GDDR5 will be able to run D3 at maximum settings at 1920x1080 with smooth framerates and no tearing? CPU will be AMD FX6100.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not terribly good with model numbers and stuff, but it sounds like it's a fairly potent card. I'm sure it will be enough and then some.

Just got the game today. I'm enjoying it so far.
Thanks to my not that stable.connexion the game behaved strangely a few times but nothing critical or really.bothering. I.can.see this being a bit more bothering for hardcore builds tho.

Anyway, it doesn't offer much as far as customization is concerned in the first level /a long time in character life.
On the other hand you don't invest as much time as in some other games. As I get it you can change.your skills on the fly so you really invest time once in a class.
That definitely has benefits.

My wizard is lvl 13 now. I really enjoy.the.game it"s pleasant to play.
I tried Titan Quest not that long ago it was.as catchy. Let see how it feels with more time and with friends.

Adoring the graphics in this, the artwork and background detail is incredible and really adds to the scenes. The wind, dust and other environmental effects are unsurpassed. The first time I saw that dust devil I just sat there staring at it. All the interactivity with the environment around you, whether intentionally or as a result of your abilities and its physics effects, it really adds to the fights.

I'm getting stuttering and slowdowns on a gtx580 with everything maxed at 2560x1600. Do I need to update drivers? I don't see anything about the game visually that would be so taxing.

I think the game's graphics engine is wonky. I'm also getting random stuttering and framerate juddering for no reason - the in-game FPS counter can say 60FPS, and I still clearly see the ground scrolling jerkily like it's updating at 30FPS. It's like the game occasionally double-draws every other frame or somesuch.

I also sometimes have the game cap the framerate at 50FPS, regardless if vsynch is on or not, or what the max framerate setting is set to, and so on.

Seems a blizzard problem that they'll have to fix - hopefully sooner rather than later.

Also had some lag today, and two disconnects. The second was for Blizzard suddenly shutting down the realms for whatever reason. Guess it's another round of unscheduled "emergency maintenance", whatever the shit it is they do during those. Did their server farm catch fire or something...? (No, it's the hamsters running the show going on strike, demanding extra rations of food and water... :rolleyes:)

Back