Diablo III - It's official

I'm more referring to this:

Actually it's even worse than that. When the preorder started, they didn't state it clearly that it's traditional Chinese only. They only made it clear after people started asking questions. Some did managed to get refund (not "real" refunds, but only in credits), but others waited because Blizzard said they'll "consider" adding English voices. Then now they said it's impossible to upgrade even if you want to pay. Basically this is a complete mess.

Of course, the funny thing is, no matter what version you got (preorder, full, or CE) you can be stuck in this "Error 12" problem...

Sitting in (the so far fairly short line) outside the Game store, waiting for them to open the doors, then going home only to be met by Error 21. :D (Cue Ist, to tell us why online DRM is the devil, and yeah, in situations like this, she's exactly right. Regardless of whatever benefits you get from online play, none of that means a damn if the fucking servers aren't working.)

Epic fail on Blizzard's part if this launch is a rocky one. It's not as if they didn't know what to expect or anything, and if they're gonna force everyone to log in first they DAMN well better oversize their server farms to be sure to cope with all of their paying customers. This is not negotiable!

D3servers2.gif

Although the reality is that there's another wall after the one they removed, which says servers are busy, and then another which say there's temporary outage of battle.net service :devilish:

LOL, I was just offered SKR3000 for my collector's edition by the dude next to me at the cash register... Retail price is like SKR995 or somesuch.

Asian region is down, the EU servers just went down a little while ago, followed by B.net itself. And here comes NA in a few more hours.

I'm finding this amazingly entertaining...

LOL, I was just offered SKR3000 for my collector's edition by the dude next to me at the cash register... Retail price is like SKR995 or somesuch.

You sold it of course?

Then I would just buy the regular version and be done with it heh.

You sold it of course?
No wai! Are you NUTS? Then I wouldn't get a pair of glowy angel wings to attach to my toons!

Then I would just buy the regular version and be done with it heh.
Yeah, that's what you crazy, rational people would do.

I don't need the money that badly, and I've been waiting for this box to arrive ever since Blizzcon when they first presented it. So no, I did not sell it to him.

Btw, Battle.net is working for me at least right now; I was able to register my CD key no problem. That hasn't always been the case during WoW launches. Game is still installing however so I haven't attempted logging in yet. That will probably be a wholly different matter... :D

I just activated the dial-in authenticator until my hardware fob arrives (the one I just ordered). Was reading on a different BBS that those who more closely follow the seedy underbelly of hacking are seeing a huge uptick of interest in B.net accounts. Apparently the RMAH is just too tempting. And the thought of logging back in once Blizz has recovered my account only to discover builds with dozens of hours behind them completely ransacked of all gold and weapons/armor is pretty frightening.

I'm opening my CE as soon as it arrives. Need my kitsch fix.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/status

Yeah, apparently Blizz is getting the service up 'n running. Hope they stabilize things for tomorrow night. My latest FB update reads:

My Diablo 3 collector's edition is now on its way from Amazon's Indiana warehouse for delivery tomorrow. My Battle.net account has a dial-in authenticator attached to it for added security. My PC's Intel X-25 SSD has been cleaned up for enough install space. The kids have been told they'll need to find a new daddy for the next week or so. And the garage has several cases of diet A&W root beer. I think I'm ready.

Heh, I got into the game on my very first attempt. No disconnects since. I'm level 8, proceeding leisurely, checking out the lore again (did it first time in the stress test), clearing every nook and cranny, and so on.

Very pleasant experience so far! Game is running well, virtually no percievable lag either. It's like playing offline for all intents and purposes.

A couple tips for those haven't played beta:

- By default, press Z to zoom in to show all the glory of your hero
- In "keyboard setting" there's an "elective" mode which allows one to bind any quick slot to any skill (i.e. left mouse button is no longer limited to primary skill).

Sitting in (the so far fairly short line) outside the Game store, waiting for them to open the doors, then going home only to be met by Error 21. :D (Cue Ist, to tell us why online DRM is the devil, and yeah, in situations like this, she's exactly right. Regardless of whatever benefits you get from online play, none of that means a damn if the fucking servers aren't working.)

Epic fail on Blizzard's part if this launch is a rocky one. It's not as if they didn't know what to expect or anything, and if they're gonna force everyone to log in first they DAMN well better oversize their server farms to be sure to cope with all of their paying customers. This is not negotiable!

I wasn't actually going to say shit. It really sucks for y'all who want to play this that Blizz fucked up again. :( Seems problems are rectified right now, but that doesn't help people who were trying six, seven hours ago.

I haven't seen a single glitch all night. No DCs, no lag, no errors... Maybe the Taiwan realm got DDOS'd or something. At this stage I don't believe there's anything wrong with Blizzard's level of preparedness, things seem to be working pretty smoothly.

Hit level 13 just now. I'm in the process of recovering
the stranger. Just delivered the potion to the crazy hermit, and about to enter the coven's cave.

I'm having fun. D3 is a great game. It runs smoothly (on my rig anyway), killing monsters is real fun, and combat is working well. Difficulty is alright too, the game isn't ridiculously easy, and many of the elites and champs are actually fairly dangerous. Just standing there tanking stuff as a wizard is not recommended.

I haven't seen a single glitch all night. No DCs, no lag, no errors... Maybe the Taiwan realm got DDOS'd or something.

It seems that they have problem with their authentication database. Error 12 means "no license for the game" or something like that, which shouldn't happen when there's actually license for the game. It looks like they have fixed this for now.

I played for a while and I had two disconnects. If the "Error 12" problem didn't exist I would say this is an acceptable launch.

I can't get to Blizz's server status page here at work, so anyone know how the NA region is doing this morning? My CE is out for delivery as of 7:18am.

Back