Diablo III - It's official

I know, I just think it's weird that some classes use some weapons. e.g. a monk uses, say, a sword, but not using it when actually fighting, but keep wielding that sword when running! That's very odd. It's even weirder for a demon hunter.

Or a wizard with a bow. It's definitely the worst design element of the game that I could see in the beta.

How would you have preferred it to be handled? If multi-screen users got a really wide playfield that would give them a perhaps greatly unfair advantage, while if the game just stretched to cover any extra screens the playfield would be ridiculously letterboxed and actually handicap you.

Also, the monster updates on the far screen(s) might get wonky, depending on from how far away the game actually sends you monster updates.

It's alright they do this.

I would prefer my other screens to have whatever content is on them stay visible.

I am not looking for a wider play field, only looking to do the usual multitasking I usually do with my monitor setup.

Game on one monitor, all my Messages, browser, wmware etc. open on the other screens.

I know, I just think it's weird that some classes use some weapons. e.g. a monk uses, say, a sword, but not using it when actually fighting, but keep wielding that sword when running! That's very odd. It's even weirder for a demon hunter. :)

Yeah I really wish they had animations with weapons. I want my dual sword chinese martial artist. :p

How would you have preferred it to be handled? If multi-screen users got a really wide playfield that would give them a perhaps greatly unfair advantage, while if the game just stretched to cover any extra screens the playfield would be ridiculously letterboxed and actually handicap you.

Also, the monster updates on the far screen(s) might get wonky, depending on from how far away the game actually sends you monster updates.

It's alright they do this.

I think he means his secondary display goes blank, as in he can't see his desktop anymore. Or IRC client, browser, video that's playing, whatever. That doesn't happen on the Windows version. [edit] bah, there I go not noticing there's another page. :)

Regards,
SB

Heads-up for those interested: Pre-ordering for the Diablo III Collector's Edition just went live on Amazon, so if you're a nutter like me, hurryhurryhurry and place your order ASAP!

Delivery date wasn't available for when I placed the order, but I certainly hope I'll have it on the 15th at the latest.

I pre-ordered the CE from Amazon last Oct, but it's not available again. If there wasn't a delivery date I'd be careful ordering at this point.

Yeah I'd worry too, but the lack of delivery date was because of the Book of Cain, which I ordered at the same time. The order confirmation email states estimated delivery date for the CE box is may 17th-22nd. :)

*Edit: YAY! Today Game called to confirm wether I still wanted my D3 CE pre-order, even though they'd previously texted me to say they couldn't get any CE boxes. :D It's saturday! Didn't expect a call on the weekend! (Of course I said yes, heh!) The dude I spoke to on the phone was at a loss trying to explain why they'd sent that text... Guess I'll have to drop by their store later to find out. The boss dude there is a nice guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got the strat guide yesterday and the open beta definitely cut a good bit of content from Act 1. I'm avoiding the other acts, but looking over all the class skills up to lvl 60 makes me indecisive again as to which one to play first.

Shit, don't remind me! :LOL: I'm having hard enough of a time as it is coping...

I'm planning to get a camp chair to sit on while queuing for the midnight release that Game is arranging in my city. That way I could bring my laptop to entertain myself. :D

201205141974g_2012051404351.jpg

2012051401070124306004_b.jpg

http://bbs2.ruliweb.daum.net/gaia/d...objCate1=1024&bbsId=G003&itemId=7&pageIndex=1

Koreans are going crazy over the Diablo III launch.
Blizzard is opening a launch event in several hours in Seoul.
According to reports on twitter and news... over three thousand people gathered. Several hundreds lined up and stayed over night. (sleeping on the road :nuts: it's raining here today too)

Anyway, 8 hours and 51 minutes left until the server opens and Diablo III goes live here. :p

Too bad I don't have time for my local launch event (it's already on now).

There a problem with Diablo 3 here though: the pre-order version is in traditional Chinese only (which is also cheaper). "Global" version will only be available tomorrow. This creates a problem because many people want to buy global version (with English voices), but they don't want to wait. Personally I'm a bit torn as I already pre-ordered but I also really wants the English voice acts. My sister was in Chinese closed beta (we both played English open beta), and I think I prefer English voice acts.

Blizzard said they'll "consider" whether to make English voice act packages for traditional Chinese version, but they make no promises. I know some people already canceled their pre-order and decided to wait for the global version.

Anyway, I will still play the traditional Chinese version midnight (that is, four and half hours from now) and I hope the server will be able to cope. I believe we share servers with Koreans (actually when my sister was playing in the closed beta, all other players she met in public games are Koreans :) )

My local launch entails walking into a GameStop, where there isn't a launch event, maybe standing in a line of twenty or so people, picking up my CE and going home. There's no east coast love for us NA Blizzard fans. Those guys in Irvine actually get to meet the devs.

My event is waiting for the UPS driver to drop off my CE copy from Amazon sometime tomorrow afternoon. Probably after dinner since our neighborhood is apparently at the tail end of his daily route.

Apparently the servers can't cope. :( A lot of people (including me) keep getting "Error 12" and can't even log in at all. I decided to return my traditional Chinese version and, depends on how they handle this, to decide whether to buy a full (includes all languages) version (although, AFAIK, people who bought full version also have this problem).

I really don't understand how it is difficult to wait 1 day for anything.

I really don't understand how it is difficult to wait 1 day for anything.

The correct question is, I don't understand how it is difficult to make things right on the first day considering they did these closed beta thing and the majority of players preordered their copies so they should be able to get a quite accurate estimation of server load on launch day.

The worst part is, they actually advertise about how you can "start playing right away on the launch day" if you preordered. That's obviously false advertising now. Heck, I wouldn't have preordered if they didn't lie about this. I think you can understand now why I'm not a happy customer now.

I'm more referring to this:

"Global" version will only be available tomorrow. This creates a problem because many people want to buy global version (with English voices), but they don't want to wait.

I hope the server situation has stabilized by tomorrow night, but if not I'll fire up Skyrim or something else and try logging in every 30 minutes or so just to create my barbarian, Ebonric the Red (booo-yah! respect that name!! <g>).

Back