Diablo III - It's official

My brother and I have been slogging through Titan Quest and it's getting me more and more revved for D3. Honestly I'm enjoying TQ more than I ever did Diablo 2... perhaps because I played D2 as a stupid barbarian..

Same here! My roommate got me into TQ a few months ago and my GF and I have been playing ever since. I'm playing a Conquerer (warfare/defense masteries) and have just reached level 53 towards the end of the main campaign in epic difficulty. Great co-op in this game. Hoping to get a few other friends together for a TQ LAN soon.

It becomes something of a grind after you get to about 40, I'd say. From 50-53 took several nights for me and my GF. Hopefully it gets better in Hades or the next difficulty setting.

I've never even finished it on normal :oops:. But this is the first time I've played with a friend; it's much better when you're not going it alone. I tire out quickly if there's no one around to hear me yell "Holy meadow muffin!! Look at this new falchion!!!"

Resurrecting this thread to take note at the tsunami of D3 news from BlizzCon - http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/49836/Diablo-3-Q-A-Session-From-BlizzCon

"Town portals, instant transport system in D3?"

"Waypoint system is probably returning very similarly to how it was in D2, designing it right now and its looking similar, town portals they would like to remove them, don’t like how they effected combat, ended up being used to escape combat or bad situations, instead of a quick travel method...looking into different system that can be used dungeons will have actual exits in them, don’t have to return to the entrance, there will be resurrection abilities to reduce travel time too, want to reduce amount of traveling."

Did this make much sense to anyone else? I think I like the idea, but the developer was really disjointed in his response.

Looking forward to D3!

Not like D2 had much travel time. So that's weird.

A friend and I did always like to use 2 town portals though. So you'd have infinite in and out from a location. :)

Regards,
SB

I'm really torn on the idea of endless rage for the barbarian. I really like the concept of building rage and having to use it for moves. I feel without a rage meter the barb will be an unstoppable killing machine with very little limitations. The new whirlwind animation is pretty solid, though. I'm REALLY disappointed they didn't reveal any new wizard talents. I guess we'll have to wait until Blizzcon 2010 for the final class reveal. I was sort of hoping they'd reveal two new classes. The monk, however, is growing on me. Blizzard said they strive to create an arcade beat-em-up style class, which is pretty neat. It doesn't look like it has a lot of AoE type talents, however. From the gameplay videos I saw, the monk focused a lot on single target attacks.

Also, they didn't cover crafting, runes or the talent system. They basically introduced the monk, showed him kicking ass for about 20 minutes, had technical difficulties with the video feed during the segment in which they showcased new enemies so we ended up seeing a black screen the entire time, then on the second day treated their entire panel as a Q&A

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno I saw a few AoE's for the Monk. That thing where he suddenly blitzed all over smacking every single mob before returning back to his original location for example.

Edit - And stole this from the Blizzcon thread...

http://www.wegame.com/watch/Diablo_III_Monk_Class_Trailer_Diii_net/

Shows at least 5 different AE's possibly more. The whole blitzing around. An AE fear. A big glowy ball that does AE damage. And a charge forward that does damage to anything between him and his destination. And a E. Honda Street fighter like punching flurry that's a forward arc AE.

And that teaser looks a lot more Diablo-esque. Dark and gloomy.

Regards,
SB

Last edited by a moderator:
And I found this today while watching the first game play video. It's a screen shot of the inventory, which probably has changed since this was from last year's Blizzcon:

inventoryx.jpg

No cloak?! What is this?!

Looks like MMO-style inventory where you add bags to give you more inventory space.

Actually if I remember right, your inventory expands as you add items to it. Basically unlimited inventory, but that might be purely limited to the alpha/beta demo.

Regards,
SB

Back