Diablo III - It's official

Dammit, why'd they have to change the awesome Diablo font? :(

That said...

Well, **** me running. I wouldn't have expected Blizzard to announce Diablo 3 and Starcraft 2 in the same year.

This font is even more of awesome. ;-]

My only concern is that gameplay looks like WoW on SC2 engine. Other than that - an instabuy for me and 10+mln ppl around the globe...

dlogox.jpg

db.jpg
dc.jpg

This font is even more of awesome. ;-]

My only concern is that gameplay looks like WoW on SC2 engine. Other than tha - instabuy for me and around 10mln ppl around the globe...

I was under the impression WoW was Diablo 2 with more items and skills. Given Diablo 2 was, in many ways, a single player MMORPG(Huge emphasis on redoing quests and the same dungeon over and over and over to get items that won't drop until you've done the same damn thing over and over and dammit I love diablo 2 regardless.)...

I wasn't specific enough I guess. I just can't understand why did they change photorealistic graphics to WoW comic book style? Look at the official website, classes exhibition:
http://www.blizzard.com/diablo3/characters/
They look like hi-res WoW characters. Look at the Deckard Cain artwork. It's no longer Blizzard North art style. And that also drives the gameplay "feel" - oh, shiny! Cartoony characters killing cartoony monsters!

Are you honestly comparing this to WoW? I'll admit it's hard to look at WoW without getting annoyed with the slew of bright colors, but this isn't close. Sure there is a fair bit of colored lighting, but no more than in say NWN or D2. The only thing which seems overly colorful are the armors/items on the main character.

You know what really fucking pisses me off? The forced localization of not only the website but also the media from Blizzard's website ...

The king is back!

As a rogue/dungeon crawler-like fan, all I can say is: FINALLY!

I reinstalled Titan Quest and its add-on that I recently purchased, just to get my hack-and-slash fix. I was, caustiously, looking forward to the F2P MMO from Flagship studios, with its unsaid -yet somehow underlined by most previews- promise to bring the Diablo experience back.

I can't stress enough that I'm carerul about Flagship's games. The demo of Hellgate London achieved the feat to bore and completly uninterest me in a dungeon crawler. And now, with this announcement, I have something awesome to look forward.

Hell, it's about time? ;)

I miss the old art style. :( A grain filter might be a nice option.

I'm sooo getting this. The physics look amazing. I understand the comments above about the art direction but I don't think it's really WoW's. It's more gritty than that.

Gameplay seemed a lot more deliberate with the barbarian blows coming with a strong cadence. The environments are breathtaking and much more dynamic. And Blizzard still haven't lost their touch for incredibly moving cinematics.

I've been replaying D2 ever since they reset the ladder and it still holds up today. Come on Blizzard, have it ready for xmas!

Definitely a purchase.

Im fine with the psuedo Western Lore art direction (regardless of whether or not it is Wow related), though I would like to see more engaging gameplay and an in-depth fleshed out storyline this time around.

Even I'm interested in this game, and I'm not usually into this sort of thing. I quite like the art style and the control system seems to have been made easier, but able to do more at the same time.

looks awesome, most of the charm/fun of the old diablo games while adding 3d destructible environments

Back