Where did you go / are you going to school?

covermye

Newcomer
Just curious... There are a lot of sharp minds on these boards here... Curious to see where you all received your educations...

Myself, Rose-Hulman from 1992-1996, mechanical engineering...

For those of you saying "Rose what?":

http://www.rose-hulman.edu/national/

How bout the rest of you? What did you major in?

Loughborough Uni, Elec & Comp Systems Engineering: 2002=>2007 (supposedly)

Way too much maths for my liking. Going to quit and do pottery I think. :)

MuFu.

University of Leeds - BSc in Computer Science

Graduated in 95 (I think - too many brain cells killed by excess beer whilst at University!)

As a non-American, as soon as I read "school" it automatically means primary or secondary education. I now realise you meant tertiary, aka Uni'.

To answer your question, I went to the University of Queensland..... quite a few years ago.

University of New Orleans, BSEE '92.
South Texas College of Law, 94-96 no degree, just a lot of debt.

St Thomas University(Arts) and a couple of years of College(Extensive Network Administration course.) Also read allot and my favorite study is an on going day to day life study. ;) All in all approx 18 years of my life has been in education.(including public education)

That's too long considering what I am doing for a living at present. :?

Silent_One said:
Washington & Jefferson College 1976-78
University of New Haven 1978- 1980
Biology

he he, me too.. the biology part i mean.

University of Oporto, Portugal
1997-2001
Biology

Wow. No offense, but a couple of you are makin' me feel pretty young. :LOL: (Sorry Simon / Silent One!)

KILER's thread about screwin' up easy programming assignments just jogged my memory about the "good ol' days" and made me curious about others. I honestly wish I could go to school (Uni for Simon ;)) all over again at times. Not that I didn't learn a lot and put forth an honest effort to apply myself, but I'd just appreciate it so much more now.

Oh for the days when my idea of stress was getting that nasty controls lab report turned in by the end of the week and still try to find time to get to the kickboxing gym for 2 hrs a night... I now am responsible for the activity of about 50 people and their duties in a plastic extrusion shop, ranging from the people coiling pipe at the end of the lines to the engineers improving processes and resins. 24/7/365 on call duties don't necessarily improve the ol' blood pressure, either. However, along with responsibility comes reward if you're successful.

Count your lucky stars, KILER. You've got it made right now, pal!

I'm studying Multimedia Engineering at HS Wismar since 2001, and going to graduate in 2005.
Google translates "Fachhochschule" to "professional school", but I don't know how that relates to other educational systems.

Xmas said:
I'm studying Multimedia Engineering at HS Wismar since 2001, and going to graduate in 2005.
Google translates "Fachhochschule" to "professional school", but I don't know how that relates to other educational systems.

I think "University of Applied Science" is the most appropriate translation for "Fachochschule".

Back