firefox 3

So does FF3 get rid of pop unders?
Perhaps not but I think a well setup NoScript does.
I certainly can't remember having any for a very very long time.

The downloads window is definitely worse.
I guess it depends on how you use it?
Seems to be a healthy improvement for the way that I use it.
I like to know when a DL is finished so previously had the DL window set to open on a download & close when complete, can now leave it closed because it gives status in the status bar.

Using Opera 9.5 here and it does seem a little snappier than 9.2x though I may just be imagining it. I've not used Firefox so can't compare.

However, some 'bright spark' at Opera decided to change the keyboard shortcuts. Wow, a real genius move there matey. :rolleyes:

Luckily, it is relatively easy to go back to the old set of shortcuts just as long as you are willing to dig into the preferences. A good job too because otherwise I'd have moved away from Opera after using it for years and I don't doubt some users will end up changing their browser of choice.

Honestly, I've not seen such an idiotic change for some time - how to alienate your users in one easy move. I'll bet the designer of that one has difficulty finding his arse using both hands. :smile:

Are you running OS X or Windows on that? Because my lappy has the same processor and my results are reasonably different (even though FF3 is still faster than Opera 9.5 on this JScript bench). I'm running Vista 64:

Firefox 3.0:
4426.6ms +/- 1.0%

Opera 9.5:
5767.2ms +/- 0.9%

OS X 10.5.3 here

Hey, guys, do you know of a way to get the little arrow button (go button?) back? It used to be between the address bar and the search bar in FF2.

Hmm, FF3 does seem to be faster.
Normally I tend to click links then switch to another tab for a few mins. (not that it takes that long, just the first sec or two before the page is readable seems otherwise wasted)
Clicking through recent reviews I've noticed that the page is readable before I even get my mouse to the tab-bar :cool:

I'm not quite so keen on the relatively slow scroll speed of the tabs. Can I change that?
Edit: heh, new security on About:Config

Last edited by a moderator:
I got 71 just now.

Edit: and 12 with IE7.

Edit2: and now I can only get 70 with FF3. Weird.

When I hit reload, I still obtain 71.

Reload as in ctrl+R (command+R on the mac) not clicking the reload button or clicking on the address bar and then pressing enter.

I'm not a noob so I know CTRL-R and CTRL-F5 for force reload. I do that and I still obtain a score of 71.

Back