[PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4 *spoilers*

Konami responded to my mail:

About PlayStationrNetwork Wallet Payments:

The PlayStationrNetwork Wallet payment option will not be available at launch on March 17 for Expansion Pack ver.1.30.

Updates regarding this issue will be provided as soon as more information becomes available.

After downloading Expansion Pack 1.30, the “MGO Shop (PlayStationrNetwork)” option will appear in the START MENU.

However, please be advised that until PlayStationrNetwork Wallet payments are enabled, an error message will be displayed when this menu item is selected.”

At this time we are not currently accepting the PlayStation Network Wallet payment method.

Regards,

KDE-US Support

kdeussupport@konami.com

Basically, the MGO Store (PlaystationStore version) is not up yet.

MGS4 coming to Xbox 360? (from 8bitjoystick that revealed Bungie going independent back then)
http://www.8bitjoystick.com/2009/05...metal-gear-solid-4-is-coming-to-xbox-360.html
Microsoft is currently software testing Metal Gear Solid 4 for Xbox 360. They might announce it at E3 but Konami likes to make money and Metal Gear Solid 4 was very expensive for them to make. Microsoft and Konami will not admit it before they are ready to but secretly builds of Metal Gear Solid 4 for Xbox 360 started being tested late last year. Konami want to make back their software development costs and they need to get it on the Xbox 360 to do it.

Though MGS4 for XB360 seems likely, the reasoning they need XB360 to make back their money has to be wrong. MGS4 sold millions, and as we heard, 1 million sales would be break-even. So even if that figure was completely wrong, and they needed 2 million sales just to break even, they'll have still made a fortune. MGS4 on XB360 would be to maximise profits, and not as a necessary move to recover losses.

I don't think it will sell that much now anyway. The time has passed, and I guess the fans have already bought it. It has sold around 4 million, which is what evrey game in the series has sold.

The suspense, the anticipation has gone now, and the majority demographic of X360 might not be so enticed by it. Its a slower paced game with jap sensibilitites and long anime cutscenes. Not really average FPS teenager material, I guess. It will result in only marginal sales, I guess.

The internet exposure will be huge. I can see a possible million+ sales, which would be a lot of profit seeing as the assets are already made (assuming no major tweaks needed). If Kojima Productions are going to be needing an XB360 engine for other titles in future, makes good sense to roll out a first application using an existing dependable franchise.

The internet exposure will be huge. I can see a possible million+ sales, which would be a lot of profit seeing as the assets are already made (assuming no major tweaks needed). If Kojima Productions are going to be needing an XB360 engine for other titles in future, makes good sense to roll out a first application using an existing dependable franchise.

I don't know...I probably will not buy it again. I still haven't finished MGS4 (just have that last chapter).

Maybe it will be something along the MGS universe instead.

I would doubt it just following that link and read what was first written (self destruct 360 command). But hey I know a "faction" that would love it to be truth and have access to it! :LOL:

The 360 does have a self destruct command, Microsoft has been using it actively against any detected hacked console. You can try it for yourself. Mod a X360 with an old mod, then connect to XBL. You console will get RRoD.

The 360 does have a self destruct command, Microsoft has been using it actively against any detected hacked console. You can try it for yourself. Mod a X360 with an old mod, then connect to XBL. You console will get RRoD.

For real!?

Huh... :oops:

EDIT: But it doesn't damage/destroy the hardware or?

I don't think it will sell that much now anyway. The time has passed, and I guess the fans have already bought it. It has sold around 4 million, which is what evrey game in the series has sold.

The suspense, the anticipation has gone now, and the majority demographic of X360 might not be so enticed by it. Its a slower paced game with jap sensibilitites and long anime cutscenes. Not really average FPS teenager material, I guess. It will result in only marginal sales, I guess.

I'm sure they can squeeze 1m WW with new content and a fall release, but that ship has sailed, most people who are big fans have bought it. A few will double dip, I'm sure the four disc version will be cool on display :LOL:

Hmm, where have you seen this? Everything I've read is that it just bans your machine (not account) from Xbox Live if an exploit is detected.

Then again it's been a while since I've read up on it since the only time I do is when I go to xbox scene for updates on mods for my original Xbox turned media center.

Regards,
SB

Its either MGS: Storm or MGS: 5 ;) !

but I hope its something new instead. My dear Snake needs to rest in peace now, it was a hell of a ride while it lasted! Oh, my sweet MGS 3 ......:oops: !

That 5 could also be an S ( MGS4:S....?) I'm 90% positive we are talking about an MGS: Raiden though, possibly to tell the story of Sunny's rescue or (more likely) something in the future of MGS4 events.
They could even cover both Sunny's rescue (a playable memory) and tie it to events post MGS4, this i think would be the best approach. But hell, whatever Kojima is cooking, he always ends up surpassing my expectations, no worries here.

Oh, the anticipation !!! ^_^

I doubt this is about a "Subsistence" style MGS4:S.......
The scenery with grass field, clouds and lighting does not appear in MGS4, nor do I see the connection to MGS4.

I think it indeed is a new MGS game, featuring a Snake but not Solid.

Can't wait, I loved the MGS2, MGS3 and MGS4 games.

Back