[PS3] Metal Gear Solid 4 *spoilers*

Every time load up an old save game of the previous act I have to re-install that Act's data !:???: Thats pretty bad! Why does it delete the previous act's data from the hard disk?
And then when i come back to Act3, it re-installs that!!
This is bad, it means if I want to re-visit an area again, I have to go an install again and again!

Everything else is forgiven for the pure visual quality of the game, but Installing everytime I play is not done!

This is because if you didn't reinstall the act data the install would probably be more like 12gb, and apparently konami and kojima where allready rather embarrased about their install sizes allready.

This game just gets better and better the further into it you get!!! It has to be the best game I've played for a few years. The whole thing is like watching a full on rendered film (ala Final Fantasy) but you get to control the main character in the bits that count.. Absolutely fantastic.

The art direction and score are just out of this world. Job well done!

Hery! When an act ends there's this Stat sheet displayed. The last line says:"Special Item Used:"

What is that? What is the special item, coz in act 1 as well as act2 it says I haven't used any!

Hery! When an act ends there's this Stat sheet displayed. The last line says:"Special Item Used:"

What is that? What is the special item, coz in act 1 as well as act2 it says I haven't used any!

- The Dolls (Mantis and Sorrow)
- Stealth Suit
- The infinite ammo bandanna's

they are the only ones i know about.

This game just gets better and better the further into it you get!!! It has to be the best game I've played for a few years. The whole thing is like watching a full on rendered film (ala Final Fantasy) but you get to control the main character in the bits that count.. Absolutely fantastic.

The art direction and score are just out of this world. Job well done!

MGS4 justifies my thoughts that videogames can be a more enriching experience than Films. Rather than copying the film medium and just showing cutscenes, in MGS4 there's a true connection between the gameplay and cinematics (goes to a head in Mission Briefings and final stages).

This is one of the ways Games can be considered a true artform (if you want them to be...), since they can only be so if games use their very own medium to create a new experience. Trying to be a film in a game will only show that films are an artform that games are copying...but use the gaming interactive medium to its fullest, and you have an all new artform. MGS4 succeeds in this respect.

It's 5:30am and I just finished off Raging Raven (She's pretty !). I now understand why people are stunned by the game, especially Act 3. This game; it is imbued with imagination, charm and sweat. I'd advise all PS3 owners to play at least once, even if you bought PS3 for Blu-ray only.

There are certainly flaws here and there, but they are negligible once the game hits its stride. My God, what drove these people to create such a piece of work ?

My God, what drove these people to create such a piece of work ?

That was all I kept thinking as I played this game. I also wonder how Kojima tricked Konami into giving him the money and resources to create his masterpiece. :LOL:

That's it. It's done! After clocking in 26 hours of game time I've completed the game. I'm almost sad that it's all over too. Anyway, here is my spoiler free final impression of the game.

This is easily one of the best games I've played in years. It's right up there with HL2, BioShock and GTAIV. There are so many "Oh my god!" and "Wow!" moments in this game that it should be a crime--especially if you're a fan of the series. Everything gets wrapped up quite nicely for us fans leaveing little to question. It's rock-solid confidents is apparent from the outset. It's completely done in style, with class, and is an instant classic with Kojima at his best.

Each Act is varied with it's own personality and style, moving the story along trying to explain everything while keeping the player entertained--it's brilliant! The acts continued to get better and better at an almost impossible rate. The final few hours of gameplay will have you on the edge of your seat waiting for those cutscenes to reveal a little more.

Visually speaking, there is nothing comperable anywehere. When I first began playing the game, I remember thinking to myself "Ok, Uncharted is right up there with this game". Once I worked my way through the game (somewhere around Act 2) it dawned on me that the extremely varied environments, quality of animation, cinematography of the cutscenes, voice acting, texture detail, characters, boss battles--everything--had moved the game beyond anything any other console game attempted to do. I would even argue that over all, it's visually more impressive than Crysis as well.

There are some gripes that I had with the game--several of them in fact--but they're so minor in the grand scheme of things that I dont even feel it's worth bringing up. But I will say that the newly revisted control scheme is a god send and probably the most significant revistion to the game.

If you are even slightly a MGS fan you need to play this game. It's an meaingful, classy end for an amazing series, a protagonist and very talented creator. As cheesy as it may sound, this is one for the ages.

I've got a question for anyone who's beaten the game!.

The cutscene, after the painful :oops: walk through the microwave, is that real time? because it if it is, it is by far the best real time cutscene i have seen on the current gen consoles. I wish I could watch it again. Snakes body looks so detailed its crazy.

I just finished Act 3 ! :p

My impressions : OH ! F*CK ! :oops: OH ! F*CK ! :oops: OH ! F*CK ! :oops: !!!!!

This is purely insane !:p The best best chase sequence ever! Th e best ingame cinematic ever !(Liquid commanding the Guns of the Patriots!)
Its pure love for the medium that has driven them to thses heights ! Now I know how passionate Kojima must be for Snake and MGS ! His love surpasses all of our fans's put together ! Does he even realise that with this he has revolutionised gaming for ever!People will strive but MGS4 is what deserves the glory !

I don't know what to say ! I am still in awe of what I saw !:cool:

@ patsu: I played the whole act 2 again just to keep the
Babe's face camo for Act 3 ! ;)
It really helps in Act 3. You can move around freely as that face is not blacklisted in the PMCs.

I've got a question for anyone who's beaten the game!.

It looks to me like at least some of the cutscenes are pre-recorded, based on visible compression artifacts. However they look to be in-engine given the lack of AA and low shadowmap resolution. Some of them just look too nice though...

It looks to me like at least some of the cutscenes are pre-recorded, based on visible compression artifacts. However they look to be in-engine given the lack of AA and low shadowmap resolution. Some of them just look too nice though...

Well i haven'T encountered any where you cannot zoom or control the camera yet, but i'm still act 1 :oops:

The one at the end of Act 3 is...as far as I know the rest are realtime. Easy to find out...shake the controller.

DO NOT CLICK ANYTHING UNLESS YOU'RE IN ACT 4!

Note: I cannot figure out how to use the spoiler text feature here (disabled for a new member like me? Unfortunate if so), so I'll make the text white. Highlight if you want to see it:

It's the little details in this game that make it amazing. A buddy of mine was in Act 3 of his 2nd play through and lost track of the resistance guy that you're suppose to track. He switched over to Night Vision mode to find him and noticed him crossing the road. Suddenly he noticed movement in the doorway from where he came--another figure was peeking around the corner. He said he couldn't make it out initially but then noticed a hat. It turned out to be the three min-bots (black orbs with bombs) in a longcoat and top hat that appear in the later cutscene stalking the resistance guy!

Here is a cap:

http://i29.tinypic.com/210d6jp.jpg

Mod : Use spoiler tags

:LOL:
Snake was tailed after all.

I like Act 3 quite a bit. It reminds me of the very first Mission Impossible movie.

Having the ability to output the codec messages to a Bluetooth headset is really freak'n cool!

How do I enable this? I have BT headset which works great in Tekken5DR online but I can't get codec conversations to headset as mentioned. :? Is there a trick how to enable it or is this just not available from the beginning of act1?

How do I enable this? I have BT headset which works great in Tekken5DR online but I can't get codec conversations to headset as mentioned. :? Is there a trick how to enable it or is this just not available from the beginning of act1?

Its in the audio options menu, set it to external device. :)

I'm only in Act 1 (wife w/2small kids can only play 1 hr a day), but so far this game is fscking awesome. Just did the Rat Patrol section (encountered first cut scene that annoyed me, which was Meryl's exposition on the PMC/ID control system), but man does this game look beautiful on a 120" HD projection screen. (not a spoiler, people have seen it in preview videos)

One thing that confused me. Right before you get to the Rat Patrol, there is a section where a helicopter is fighting militia. This guy says "get me an RPG", and I can pick up RPGs from deal militia guys, but it never shows up in my inventory, it gets sold straight to Drebin, and Drebin isn't selling RPGs. The militia guys blow up the Helicopter with RPGs, but I kinda wanted to do it. :)

If it gets sold to Drebin, it means you already have one in your inventory. Try to equip it in your item window by pressing START.

Back