Will buy :

MGS 4
Buzz Quizz TV
LBP
Resistance 2

Heard some about these and if they are 08 and PS3, I might get them

Fallout 3
Saints Row 2

Although I doubt this is a complete list, but going off the top of my head.

NG2
Fable 2
Alan Wake (unless this is 09 now)
GoW2
Left 4 Dead (if it's really good as I have no XBL Gold)

PS3
SSF2THDR
SF4
Wipeout HD
LBP (again if it's this year)
Hulk (if it turns out to be as good as ultimate destruction)
PoP
Tomb Raider: underworld (if it turns out to be good, i've like the last ones)

Well that's all i can think of right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
MetalGearSolid4
LittleBigPlanet
Resistance 2
Wipeout HD
Motorstorm 2
The Force Unleashed*

There may be more, but these are definite purchases.

You have to remember I have 2 360s and a PS3, so some of the games my son will want to play on his setup.

As far as cost, I don't spend money on computers anymore, I drive an Escape hybrid so gas isnt killing the pocketbook, not to mention I live a mere one mile from work as does my wife, I have slowed my HD movie purchases considerably. The TV shows we watch from the 360 have ended their seasons so no money being spent there. My household income is enough to cover our *bills+ an extra $500 to pay off bills faster, save $650/month, and still be in the black by about $1000. I don't consider myself rich, but I certainly consider us "well-off" enough.

*On my spreadsheet I account for just about everything as a "bill", e.g. eating out per month $400, groceries $600, laundry $80, etc...

For time, well, I have been known to give a gift or two to the less fortunate on the board, which reminds me that I was supposed to have sent a package of games to someone awhile ago...woops.

Sweet deal. I salute you, sir, for your charity.

I just find that even if I had the money to buy so many games, I'd never have a chance to play all of them. I'm on the last mission of GTA4, finally.

... It also helps that the wife loves to watch the story driven games and the XBLA games.

lucky bastage.

Mine thinks I'm a psycho with this hobby :devilish:

no chance of conversion either... I tried XBLA and story driven games and had to quit my CoD4/Halo 3 online addiction. the only thing remotely interesting to her was scene it.

Happily my girlfriend actually joins in on some games, she was playing GTAIV with me, her doing most of the driving around (and trying some shooting) with me doing most of the missions. We did it in about 40 hours also.

She also likes some of the PSN games and even completed Uncharted (on easy, but still)

These are games I allready know i'm going to buy. After E3 I will probably add some more.

Resistance 2
LittleBigPlanet
Battlefield Bad Company
Motorstorm 2
Metal gear solid 4
Disgaea 3 (when ever its released in europe.)

No so many as I would normally buy, but i'll spend a lot of time playing Resistance 2 and probably LittleBigPlanet. I allready spend some money on my HD tv and soon on a decent 7.1 surround sound system so this wont be a cheap year for me. But playing games has never been better.:D

Mass Effect
Shin Megami Tensei 1 (SNES game... released 1992 XD)
Shin Megami Tensei 2 (possibly... depends how much I enjoy the 1st one)
Fallout 3
MGS4
GT5 Prolouge (still need to beat this)
The Darkness (seems like a good FPS, done by the same guys that did riddick)
Possibly the new riddick but I alrdy beat the first one so I might not.

Are there any sites with updated release dates following all of the E3 announcements? IGN and PALGN (Aussie gaming site) both seem to have lots as tentative that were confirmed. I'd like to update my calendar, since it seems to be a crazy gaming year again. So many RPGs this year!

I am seriously behind on my list, I am going to blame Scott_Arm for jinxing me with no time!

Only XBLA/Video Marketplace purchases for me since this thread started and then the worst word in the English/American;) language next to war, M-O-V-E :devilish:

As far as my list, I might be removing some things, PoP has moved into a wait and see, Lips needs to be added, I'm really on the fence about Resistance 2 but might grab it for the multi...think I will go over my list again.

Did you get AitD afterall?

Banjo
Fable 2
Gears 2
Resistance 2
Fallout 3
Rock Band 2
Left 4 Dead

Maybe's:
Too Human
Mirror's Edge
GTA 4 Episode 1

Fable 2
Gears 2
Inf. Und.
-maybe Banjo

LBP
WKS
Res. 2

Fallout 3
Warhead
Mirror's Edge
Left 4 Dead
Rage
Spore
Tiberium
STALKER CS
CoD 5

(possibly more titles depending on what is released and what is delayed)

Last edited by a moderator:
spore

fallout 3
fable 2
gears 2
too human
banjo
naruto 2
call of duty 5
rock band 2
guitar hero world tour

lbp

god i want to cry right now ha

Disclaimer: I may list a game or two that were released this half (or perhaps a couple weeks before, as in the case of MGS4) amongst some upcoming games, also, all games listed are PS3 unless otherwise noted.

In no particular order:

Bioshock (I have yet to play any version of this and the PS3 version looks very promising)
Siren Blood Curse
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Resistance 2
Motorstorm 2
The Force Unleashed
Fat Princess
Left 4 Dead (is this definitely coming to PS3? if not I'll have to get the 360 version when my roommate finally picks one up)
Project Origin (PS3 and PC - I want to try each, but will probably end up preferring the PC version)
Mirror's Edge
Ghostbusters
Stalker: Clear Sky (PC)
Fracture
RE5
COD:WaW
MGS4
Farcry 2 (PC)
DNF (lol, I know...)

I also have GTA4 to play (owned it for a month now, haven't even touched it), same goes for Time Crisis 4 (with guncon, oh yeah!) as well as both FEAR expansions on PC, and I'm finally getting around to playing Oblivion all the way through (owned since release, never beaten). Also currently having almost all my free time sucked up by PSN demos and SuperStardust HD (damn expansions are more addictive than crack).

Yeah, that's a fair bit of gaming...

My update using http://au.xbox360.ign.com/index/release.html?constraint.eq.game.locale=us

July:
Soul Calibur IV
Geometry Wars 2 (!)

August
Too Human (maybe)
Tales of Vesperia

September:
Infinite Undiscovery
Viva Pinata: TIP
Star Wars: Force Unleashed
Castle Crashers

October:
Fallout 3
Dead Space
Fable 2

November:
Left 4 Dead
Gears of War 2
Mirror's Edge
Prince of Persia
Banjo: Nuts + Bolts
The Last Remnant

Six games in November? :runaway:

Unknown: quite a few XBLA games that look very very hot but have no date. Not limited to the Puzzle Quest sequel, Samurai Showdown 2, Banjo Kazooie, Braid, Darwinia, Duke Nukem 3D, Galaga Legions, Vigilante 8, SSF2T:HD, Bionic Commando.

So many RPG's! That's 5 in the three months. It's a great time to be a gamer :cool:

Confirmed Day 1 purchases(random order):

Siren: Blood Curse
Resistance 2
Little Big Planet
Mirror's Edge
(hopefully the PS3 version is good)
Eternal Sonata (Yes im still getting it despite the warnings :p )
Guitar Hero 4 (bundle)
Rock Band 2 (game)
Silent Hill Homecoming (please be good on the PS3)
Tekken 6 (Dont slip to '09 damnit!)
Just Cause 2 (is this even coming out this year? Oh and PS3 version hopefully)
Gears of War 2
Left 4 Dead
Crysis Warhead
(PC counts as a MS platform ;p )

On the fence:
Motorstorm 2
Far Cry 2
Saints Row 2
Midnight Club 3
Dead Space
Project Origin
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
(sorry kittonwy :cry: )
Fable 2
Fallout 3
Infinite Undiscovery
Tales of Vesperia
Velvet Assassin
('09?)
Dead Island ('09?)
GTA4 Ep. 1 (if the content is justified?)

Im trying to break the stereotype that PS3 doesnt have any games so I choose to pick the majority of the 3rd party games for it, unless it ends up being noticeably inferior to the X360 version to which I have no choice but to join the green side :cry:

I might've missed some more titles that got my interest, will update whenever.

Back