I have just discovered Google

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I never realised how helpful Google can be. I'm uploading my work onto the Google severs via Google Documents.

It has a reader as well, you can collect news items from various web pages I think (I'm still learning).

GMail is quite good as well. Est. 6.8GB of space. :oops:

Do any of you use Google for academia purposes?

EDIT: I just discovered the amount of news B3D has. I subscribed to B3D's rss and hot damn! :D

I use Google a lot. I love the Reader, Docs and Notebook. It has become my source for all information/searching/ and hosting.

As for academia, I have used it to continue writing papers during lunch at work since my job blocks usb thumb drives from loading on pc's.

Nah, Google's best as a screensaver. Every so often the word Google changes to some fancy graphical interpretation.

Do have to keep fapping F5 though.

Jawed

I never realised how helpful Google can be. I'm uploading my work onto the Google severs via Google Documents.
What is Google's policy on privacy? Im not totally familiar of Google Documents, so I would be hesitant of putting research/work docs on their servers when I cant control who can access it.

I thought about that too, I'm not sure. I would assume that even if they do get hold of my research, what are they going to use it for?

If you're going to make it in academia, you need to jealously guard your research. Surely your other professors are scheming to steal it to ruin your chances at tenure.

http://blogs.computerworld.com/why_google_should_embrace_openoffice
"If Google really wanted to deliver a knockout punch to Microsoft, it would integrate OpenOffice with Google Docs, and sell support for the combined suite to small businesses, medium-sized business, and large corporations. . . . Imagine if a version of it were available as a Web service from Google, combined with massive amounts of Google storage. Integrated with Google Docs, it would also allow online collaboration."

If you're going to make it in academia, you need to jealously guard your research. Surely your other professors are scheming to steal it to ruin your chances at tenure.

My supervisor did tell me not to place my research online without lots of protection.
Why would someone scheme against me?

KILER...there's a name I haven't seen in a while. Hope you're doing well.

Thanks. You too. :)

Great timing K.I.L.E.R. you just saved me a bunch of headache when I go to australia for the next three weeks.

Google account + PicasaWeb = shittons of easy for putting pics out for the fam-damily. You the man!

Oh, they have the Internet on computers now?

Back