Resident Evil 5

I burned the Japanese demo onto a CDR and am playing it right now on my US X360. The demo is very good and so far everything controls well. There is strafing ability now.

I played the demo as well (burned on DVD). It is simply great !

I loved every second and the game is as hardcore as ever where every bullet counts. It retains everything that made RE4 so great and adds some interesting co-op mechanics that actually work and work great :)
The realtime cutscenes (i love the grain filter) and overall graphics and performance are amazing, just as expected.

Great job Capcom yet again !

I feel the game is mostly just RE4 HD, but that is a good thing. My only big complaint is the controls feel way too heavy. Your character is slow to turn and move around.

Yes, but the controls in RE4 were more responsive and it worked wonderful.

Hmm, to me it doesn't feel less "responsive" than RE4. Maybe a bit slower, but considering that physically Chris is twice as big as Leon was, it feels just right.
Bigger is slower :cool:

Btw, how does the little girl control ? haven't got the chance to tryy some co-op.

I noticed that in the demo it says the game will come on 1 DVD. If that is true then I find it pretty amazing they can fiit 30hrs of gameplay onto a single DVD with those level graphics.

I noticed that in the demo it says the game will come on 1 DVD. If that is true then I find it pretty amazing they can fiit 30hrs of gameplay onto a single DVD with those level graphics.

I'm not really surprised. 8.5gb is the max for one DVD and most devs haven't used more than 6gb.

Well I've read that only 7GB is actually available out of the 8.5GB. Anyway there is one thing about the controls which I think could be improved without affecting the games difficulty and balance too much and that is giving the character the ability to actually walk backwards. I would also like the ability to aim and shoot while walking/strafing. Hopefully Capcom adds those two features before the game is released.

Edit: Actually your character CAN walk backwards, not sure how I missed that.

Last edited by a moderator:
8.5GB is using the 1 billion bytes = 1 GB. (It's actually about 8.55GB). The available capacity that devs may use is ~7.3GB using the same definition. In terms of formatted capacity represented in binary orders of magnitude, 8.55GB is really ~7.96GiB and devs are only allowed to use 6.8GiB.

It is no different to how hard drives are marketed. e.g. "250GB" = 232.8GiB

Well easy, due to the slow of the caracter, the stop and fire mechanism, etc…
The same game with controls like in Uncharted or Gear, you bet the game in 10 hours…
It's a long game due to the slowness of the gameplay not by big amount of gameplay.
Like RE4…
Definitively, for me it's a gameplay from a old age (like the gameplay of DMC4), and if I want retro-gaming I can have it easily, don't need to spend 70€…

Gameplay hours has nothing to do with space. You can easily make a game that last for infinity that fits on a DVD. Its just a matter how much stuff you want to reuse.

I haven't actually tried it yet, but it's worked for a lot of people evidently. From what I've read, the xbox recognizes it as a "mixed media disc". Once you put it in there, you're supposed to navigate to "my xbox", then demos, and it should show up in there.
I think I'm gonna drive to the gas station and get some cdr's and try it out.

Back