Resident Evil 5

They also show a lot of those strange lighting anomalies that everyone seemed to be so hard on with Resistance 2 :rolleyes:

Not to mention the enemy models look...well...terrible.

I was not being hard tha_con, I just noticed it there and shared!
Now, Re5, as far as I know, uses DMC4's engine, it would be interesting to see the same artifact in this engine, as it would mean that it is also using Deferred approach for shadows.
Can you point it out in some Screenshot?
Also, I think since Guerilla is also using Deferred Rendering, and how Insomniac and Guerilla shared tech for Uncharted, I think the artifact would be long gone before release of R2,as we can't see any such artifact in KZ2.,

Now, Re5, as far as I know, uses DMC4's engine, it would be interesting to see the same artifact in this engine, as it would mean that it is also using Deferred approach for shadows.
Also, I think since Guerilla is also using Deferred Rendering, and how Insomniac and Guerilla shared tech for Uncharted, I think the artifact would be long gone before release of R2,as we can't see any such artifact in KZ2.,

I just find it strange that R2 would come under such scrutiny, given Insomniacs wonderful track record, for things as trivial as a random brick or barrel casting a shadow. Meanwhile, the poly counts on enemy models in RE5 are laughable, and there are equally as many objects that have zero lighting.

I mean, it's nice to be criticle, but it's another thing to be completely ridiculous and pick apart a game for no reason.

That said, I'm kind of disappointed that RE5 isn't very close to it's initial trailer, nor is it very close to the other trailers we had seen previously. The character models look stellar though.

I don't see an important number of enemies on the screen at the same time like RE4 in his moment. RE4 shows at least a total of 20 enemies, I expect 50 in "next-gen" version.

Just wanted to mention that Uncharted was made by Naughty Dog, a US based game dev and its mostly Naughty Dog and Insomniac Games that share information since their offices are so close to each other in California while Guerrilla Games may also share some pointers, they are located in Europe.

WhooooHoooo!!!! Man, the trailer is so Hot !
It made my day :D ! This has got me so pumped ! It will be sweet Resident Evil times again ! With co-op this time !!!!!!!! YEAH !:p

This beauty needs to be played with a controller ! I'll get the ps3 version even if it looks less jazzy than the PC version!
Damn, I just read that it has Split-Screen too !!! ......Sniff....this is too much for a single day....:)! I can't wait to tell my friends !

WhooooHoooo!!!! Man, the trailer is so Hot !

Seems, as if you didn't notice that it's actually not only one trailer.

Another one has been posted:

Here is another source for this trailer:

Resident Evil 5
TGS 08: Alternate Trailer (Cam) HD

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41165.html

Actually, it's not just 'alternate', but completely different and much longer compared to the first TGS 2008 trailer. Unfortunately it seems as if there is no direct feed version available, yet.

Furthermore, here is a new location:

Resident Evil 5
TGS 08: Caves Gameplay (Cam) HD

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41380.html

And splitscreen:

Resident Evil 5
TGS 08: Co-op Caves Gameplay (Cam) HD

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/41386.html

Last edited by a moderator:
The game don't suposes an enhanced AI, animations, interactivity, gameplay of Resident Evil 4.

Why the corpses don't stay on screen? more RAM is needed?

This game don't suppose the same that was RE4 on 2005. I think so, undortunatelly. :cry:

I am extremely happy that I own a PS3 after I saw Capcom's efforts to support home with Resident Evil 5 content

:D

You get to run around as Chris Redfield in your "Home".
Capcom is doing the same with Street Fighter IV: you get a Chun Li character model for Home. I'm hoping Dice will do the same with Faith from Mirror's Edge.

I dont know exactly what that is. But from the home interview I saw at gametrailers, there was a Resident Evil 5 area, with a Chris avatar in Home. Capcom is supposed to support Home with content from its upcoming games. It may not be necessarily related directly to the gameplay of the game itself (from what I could see), but I love the fact that it creates a community for a particular title and brings the world of the game into people's experience outside of the game itself too.

Back