Firmware 2.41 available... *

As others mentioned, I would def release the update tomorrow or Wednesday night if ready. Gives users 1 week to mess around with new features and to detect any issues, etc, before MGS4 launches. It just feels like it should release this week too :D

We only wish big corps like Sony have the sense to do a safe release before MGS4 but sadly most corporations these days do not put in the thought required to make logical steps. Try consulting a "large corporation" and you'd know exactly what I'm saying. There are usually really ignorant knuckleheads in charge.

Sadly it's all about seniority. Intelligence and Sense takes the backseat when it comes to the corporate environment.

We only wish big corps like Sony have the sense to do a safe release before MGS4 but sadly most corporations these days do not put in the thought required to make logical steps. Try consulting a "large corporation" and you'd know exactly what I'm saying. There are usually really ignorant knuckleheads in charge.

Sadly it's all about seniority. Intelligence and Sense takes the backseat when it comes to the corporate environment.

:LOL: Typically, that is the way it goes. Thankfully, my company, knows how to schedule releases except for this invisible release that keeps getting pushed back but thankfully it has no date attached. It also helps I am in charge of releasing our software releases :smile:

In game XMB confirmed for 2.40!
A new PLAYSTATION 3 firmware update (v2.36) will be launching soon, improving system stability when playing select PlayStation format software titles. We’re also happy to officially report that the 2.40 system software update for PS3 will include “XMB” access in-game. The update will also include “trophies,” an exciting new feature that we’ll be providing more details on soon, as well as some other new enhancements. We’ve talked about some of this on the blog previously and know that many of you can’t wait to get your hands on these features. You can expect us to share all of the official details shortly.
Let's hope it's useful, usable XMB, specifically creating and running chats concurrent with games.

So these tropthies hopefully are tied to current game saves and are compatible with older games like Resistance. In a game like Resistance where a completed every last entitlement,it wil be interesting to see how that translates over, if at all. Will it be just a fancier 3d graphical presentation of the entitlements I already have,or will there be something else to reward you. Only time will tell I guess,and if the trophies are a Sony standard imposed on all PS3 devs,or if they be completely up to the dev.

Insomniac suggests otherwise...
Eurogamer said:
Insomniac Games' Ted Price has revealed that Resistance 1 and 2 will both support PlayStation Home and the PS3's upcoming Trophy system.
"That's the plan," said Price, in answer to a question from QuackPot as part of our latest live interview.

Later update

"We didn't notice the R1 in there, and while we are planning on the support for R2, we have no plans to update Resistance FOM [in this manner]," Insomniac told Eurogamer today.

Oh well no biggee.I'm actually more interested to see how these Trophies will manifest themselves and how they will differ from in game entitlements. And who sets the rules.

A firmware update and large download just to add BC for a few PlayStation titles? I don't see the point myself.

Back