Firmware 2.41 available... *

For me, the most interesting question is:
What's the present OS memory footprint?
or with NDA in mind:
Is it smaller than in previous firmware?

I noticed more jaggies in GTAIV after 2.35 FW too.
I noticed the dithering patterns in GTA IV that I've seen in images from the 360 version so I think there is a difference. I'm off to IKEA now but can possibly take a deeper look at it tonight and perhaps take a few high res photos of it too if I find something interesting.

Here's a feature I would like to see.
The ability to eject a disk without actually turning the machine fully on.I use my PS3 a lot for games and movies and sometimes as I'm on my way out the door I remember at the last second that I have to return my movie to Blockbuster.It would be nice to be able to just walk by the machine and hit the eject button on the PS3 and have it spit out the disk without having to them turn the TV on and find the controller and or remote and then turn it all off.
I must sound supremely lazy. :p

Here's a feature I would like to see.
The ability to eject a disk without actually turning the machine fully on.I use my PS3 a lot for games and movies and sometimes as I'm on my way out the door I remember at the last second that I have to return my movie to Blockbuster.It would be nice to be able to just walk by the machine and hit the eject button on the PS3 and have it spit out the disk without having to them turn the TV on and find the controller and or remote and then turn it all off.
I must sound supremely lazy. :p

Well personally while the tv is off I push the eject button, PS3 automatically switched on spits the disk out and then I press the on/off button and it is turned off :)

Yeah ninz, the thing has an eject button that works ... you don't even have to turn on the PS3 for it, just turn it off afterwards. Just as you can feed the PS3 a disc while it's off, and it will turn itself on automatically and eat it.

Yeah ninz, the thing has an eject button that works ... you don't even have to turn on the PS3 for it, just turn it off afterwards. Just as you can feed the PS3 a disc while it's off, and it will turn itself on automatically and eat it.

Not off...the PS3 is in standby. If you turn it off on the back (still plugged in) I don't think it will accept the disc. [lecture] Standby doesn't mean Off - it's still eating your electricity. Turn everything off standby when you're not using it! [/lecture] ;)

So from that update we can conclude that you're doing alot of drinking and eating while watching BD's on your new TV when you're not doing *******.

Thanks! Btw, is Cambridge going to make a ps3 game anytime soon or are you guys too busy doing ******* for ******* who's under pressure to get ***** out by **** or **** will really hit the ***. Of course that's when you're not doing ***** for **** who **** has said **** will come out in ******* when he **** well thinks it's ********* ready.

:D:LOL:

O.M.G we'll have no more of that please! :cry:

Not off...the PS3 is in standby. If you turn it off on the back (still plugged in) I don't think it will accept the disc. [lecture] Standby doesn't mean Off - it's still eating your electricity. Turn everything off standby when you're not using it! [/lecture] ;)

Yeah, ok, fair enough. I'm putting it on standby whenever it is not folding. :LOL: Can't be bothered to turn it off to such a state that I can't turn it on with the remote. I use the PS3 all the time. But maybe when (if) we get these new electricity counters that have their own web-address that can actually show what device costs what amount of energy on or in standby (a friend of mine works at an electricity company and these things are in fact lined up within the next 10 years or so!) ... ;)

Seriously though, you're right of course. But I don't think I'll be reaching for that back switch anytime soon. My wife has enough trouble working all the different equipment (TV, Cable box, PS3, amp for the sound) and their various remotes. If she'd have to switch the PS3 on using the back button, I think she'd kill me. ;)

Been moving my PS3 around a bunch recently, and it would be nice if it auto-detected what connection it is using instead of having to reset.

Well personally while the tv is off I push the eject button, PS3 automatically switched on spits the disk out and then I press the on/off button and it is turned off :)

I guess we have it pretty god when things I would like changed are so picky. :cool:

If MGS4 already has the FW update on it then a final build has already been completed and thus the most preferable timeframe for release would be this week so that support has a week to rectify any issues with its release and isolate any FW issues from MGS4's release. If not this week, then the week of the 16th would be the next most desirable timeframe though with a general release after an on game disc release you a) do not isolate possible FW issues from game issues, and b) you create a PR dilemma of having your most anticipated FW release only available to select game buyers.

Whether MGS4 includes the FW update or not, the least desirable time to have a general FW release would be during the week of the 9th when you have no/little time to react to adverse issues and less clarity as to what may be causing any issues. MGS4 is way too important of a launch to overshadow it with a same week FW release.

Btw, if it wasn't it landing on a Saturday I'd love the devilishness of going with a D-Day release.

Back