Fable 2

Darn it!!! I haven't even opened mine yet.

At this rate, I'll never get to finish MGS4, start Mass Effect and Fable 2.
I still want to get RE5, KZ2, LBP and Halo Wars.

I finished Mass Effect like a year and a half ago, and that was after it was already out for a while. Get with the times man, you're so not hip to the jive, baby.

Who's the king at the very end there :!:

Definitely getting this. 560 points seems like a good price point (if a bit awkward, but conspiracy theorist in me says it's got to do with adding 500 points over Live to your account. :| )

I'll have it when I get home tonight. Heard it's short but the Colessium is well done and even challenging with good replay value.

There was a free link when I checked on marketplace.xbox.com earlier today. Gold member special, I believe. I got knothole for free the same way (I think) it was either that or completing one of the storyline games from fable2.com

Yup, there is a free version here:

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/media/66acd000-77fe-1000-9115-d8024d5307f1/

I'll have to delete my demo of Halo Wars to get it:cry:

To play it for free in co-op, your friend must have the purchased version. Otherwise it can't be played as a standalone.

Seems great so far. So far there is one "puzzle" or thread in the story I haven't figured out. I've completed two of the three cursed items.

Edit: Apparently the game hit 2.6 million copies in March!

http://www.gamedaily.com/articles/news/fable-ii-sells-26-million-future-dlc-confirmed/?biz=1

Oh, and my dog has dug up two hero dolls since I started playing the new expansion. Maybe they opened things up to be a little easier for the hero dog achievement?

Last edited by a moderator:
The only reason I grabbed this is so I could get another dog since I sacrificed my dog and family so everyone else could have their family members back. I do get a dog again, right? Otherwise, I'm never getting the archaeologists quests done.

You can get your dog back in the previous DLC, Knothole island. I' don't know if you can get it back in this one or not?

I'm never getting the archaeologists quests done.

The game will still have a golden trail when you select the quest, iirc. It kinda defeats the purpose of being attached to the dog, but it was one of the things I noticed.

Wow ... that was short. Went home at lunch and realized I was already at the end. Haven't done the coliseum though. That should be good.

Just ran into my first two bugs last night. I got the one during The Rescue where your little bastard child gets zombified and stuck in the corner and won't follow you out.

Then I went back to the house to execute the mother and she had mysteriously changed from a weapons dealer to a gifts dealer. That did nothing to improve her chances of living, by the way.

On another note, I found it interesting that reading the reviews for Knothole Island (which I just started.. completed the quest to make it rain), nobody really mentioned the emphasis on puzzles.

I "finished" Fable II without encountering any real puzzles, it was only when I started to back through I hit some side quests with those silly switches you have shoot, etc.

I guess they figure combat with maxed characters isn't much of a challenge so they have to do something, and what they've chosen is puzzles. Is the 'See the Future' expansion mostly puzzle based as well?

See the Future is very short. There is a little bit of puzzling to find a couple of the dyes and a few weird special items.

I had one of my first bugs in the coliseum. There was a bug that was invincible, so my time pretty much ran down. It just flew around and around, but I couldn't shoot it or anything. Robert got stuck in a table or something and couldn't get out, forcing him to fast travel and lose his progress. That would be annoying.

I need to get one more bear in the coliseum, which seems hard. Other than that, I think I've completed everything in the expansion. Only a few more achievements for me to do in all of Fable2.

Oh, and my guy is outrageously invincible now. I have a master katana with ghoul, devastation, fire and some other "do more, take less" augment. That and Hal's rifle pretty much own everything. I had to give away my super legendary sword to Robert because I lost his when my power went out at home. That was complete BS.

To beat the coliseum
and kill the necromancer guy, just put time in slot 3, and inferno in slot 5. You can do the time spell and have time to do the inferno just before your time spell runs out. The time spell will slow down the clock in the coliseum. Rinse and repeat. You have to kill the banshee with with more than a minute in time remaining for the necromancer to show up. My strat for the banshee was to do the time spell, run straight at her and then do inferno. Usually the inferno would kill the little kid thingies and then still hit her. Then I'd finish her off with Hal's rifle. I could take her down in 10 to 15 seconds. If you want the achievement for 10x multiplier, just do the same thing with time and inferno, but sprint for the switches and take them out as fast as possible. Level 1 time is good for that too, to teleport towards them quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back