Fable 2

Ha! I suspect that you were playing with the XBOX time in order to generate a load of cash! ;)

heh only one of us knew about that sort of trick and it wasn't me :)
Money really wasn't an issue in the first place. I think I got most of my experience points from purchased potions instead of from battles, so income was plentiful.

I saw this for 42 euro on play.com ... seems a nice offer.

According to MS' NPD release Fable2 sold another 184,000 copies in Nov pushing it to ~1mil sold in just the US alone. Well deserved. Keep going you!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody playing the expansion yet?

Yep. Played it and beat it. I like the new island environment and weather effects. Wish it was longer. The new weapons and potions are cool though. You can dramatically effect your characters look. Trying to get the achievements and such, it took me around 4-5hours. If you just rushed it, you can likely beat it in a couple of hours.

What I'm hoping for is an Oblivion like expansion. I'll drop $20-$30 for 10hours of solid gameplay.

Yep. Played it and beat it. I like the new island environment and weather effects. Wish it was longer. The new weapons and potions are cool though. You can dramatically effect your characters look. Trying to get the achievements and such, it took me around 4-5hours. If you just rushed it, you can likely beat it in a couple of hours.

What I'm hoping for is an Oblivion like expansion. I'll drop $20-$30 for 10hours of solid gameplay.

Did you finish it last night? I couldn't stay up that late again. I guess I'll go find the last of my books and whatnot tomorrow. I have most of the items from that shop now.

I was pretty happy with the content, but for the price it is pretty short. I did enjoy having some more content to play through, because this was probably my favourite game released last year.

Yeah I stayed up till 2 again :( I'll be on Live so hit me up if you need any help on the books or items from the shop.

For the crunchy chick, goto the meat trader is Bloodstone. he'll sell one at a time. Goto sleep for 7 days right after and he'll have another.

The dye can be found from the clothing trader in fairfax gardens. If the doesn't have it, buy all his current dye's and goto sleep for 7 days. Then his stock will replenish and he'll have them.

The at one book we saw on the ledge. Goto the right, under the ledge, break the ice on the right, then jump down. Hit the lever and it'll lead you to a walkway to the book.

heh only one of us knew about that sort of trick and it wasn't me :)
Money really wasn't an issue in the first place. I think I got most of my experience points from purchased potions instead of from battles, so income was plentiful.

Once you have enough cash to buy up all the master weapons from the blacksmith at one time, you can make millions easy.

Just keep the economy shitty in bowerstone, buy all his weapons for more than 50% off after owning the shop (up to 90% off depending on the "Sales" going on), then sell them all to the traders in the Fairfax gardens for like 50% above the retail (after adjusting their opinions of you), or to the general goods vendors when they are out of stock and pay 50% to 100% over the retail.

I think I was making 200% or 300% profit and I'd just collect the swords anytime I went to near the blacksmith or I'd just spend a while sleep 7 days at a time and buying them all up.

On one run of finnally selling everything, I made about 3 million. The gold choice at the end of the game is a joke. I gave a child 2 million gold once because I was bored.

Also, don't donate gold to the church if you are trying to get "Good" points. It caps at 75 points whereas giving gold to a random person gives you 1% of the donated gold I think.

So I finished the game last night.. accidentally.

I didn't really have much of a chance to go on a lot of side quests, seemed they spent a lot of effort egging me to go forward with the main quest after a certain point in the game.

I really didn't think I'd be that far along. Sure, I've got about $4M in the bank and bring in about $18,000 every five minutes (or whatever), so money wasn't an issue. (and I didn't cheat with the money, unless using the bowerstone blacksmith to fairfax is a cheat, which doesn't make sense because the game is very clearly designed with that mathematical relationship in mind.)

But I've got only one top level spell (inferno), still have one more physique (I forget which) to max out, the best weapon I've got is a master mace w/ 2 aug slots and a repeating master rifle w/ 2 aug slots.

It just seems like I somehow managed to complete the main quest without doing very much at all, even in the way of maxing out my character. I thought that was surprising.

My GOTY gets a well deserved sequel. Here's hoping it due by the end of the 2010.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/blogs/rumor-control/909119209/26808143/bbc-host-outs-fable-iii.html

What we heard: Twitter's a wonderful invention. Basically, everyone can publish a comment for the whole world to see as soon as it pops into their head, even if that information is utterly inane or entirely confidential. For the BBC's Jonathan Ross, the tweets in question mixed a little from both categories.

Last night, Ross attended the British Academy of Film and Television Arts awards ceremony for video games, at which Nintendo's Super Mario Galaxy walked away with top honors. Closing out the evening, Ross said in a succinct 140 characters or less, "Goodnight all. Must go to bed. Got asked to do voice in Fable 3 tonight. Subarashi. Oyasuminasia. Woss out." (Emphasis added.)

However, Ross didn't stop there. Later that night, he responded to a fellow tweeter's direct message, saying, "Yes they are doing it. [Comedian and The Guardian columnist] Charlie Brooker said he would do a voice for it to [sic]! Great fun!!" The following morning, Ross tweeted his somewhat ambiguous intentions to apologize to Peter Molyneux, before concluding the matter by tweeting, "Yes. No. There is no Fable 3. I don't know. Help me."

It wouldn't be at all surprising if Microsoft and Lionhead teamed for a new installment in the action adventure franchise. The original Fable was one of the Xbox's top sellers, and Fable II has garnered a number of awards since it launched for the Xbox 360 to a warm critical reaction in October 2008, including a BAFTA for best action adventure last night.

Furthermore, Lionhead founder Peter Molyneux has previously said that his studio already has the third, fourth, and fifth installments in the franchise mapped out. "We've got plans for Fable III, IV, and V, actually... It's a big story arc, and you can see that if you've played Fable II you'll recognise things from Fable," Molyneux commented in July 2008.

hm.. seems a bit early to do voice recording. Could he be mistaking his job as for some bigger DLC?

More info on the upcoming DLC.

Kotaku

"The next DLC comes out in the spring," he said. "We're in the spring now so don't think months, think more like weeks. It's called See the Future."

"The first (DLC) was done very close to Fable II and the team was tired and we sort of pushed ourselves to get something out early for the fans," he said. "This time we've taken a little bit more time on it, it's a little bit more story driven. It answers some of the questions, if you're a real fan of Fable, it answers some of those questions. It's going to test you a little bit emotionally as well. But I think the real unique thing here is it starts to tease and hint at what it starting to happen in the world of Albion and what is happening in the future."

IGN

It's also reportedly going to offer new gameplay mechanics, new things to do, and new challenges.

See the Future is, "a little bit more story about the Theresa character, and there is a little bit more of a clue about the future of the Fable story," says Molyneux. When we mentioned that bit of information and the title "See the Future" hints at another Fable game, Molyneux simply replied with a coy, "Yeah...," before going on to tell us that, though this isn't an announcement, we should expect more for content for Fable II in the future and that Lionhead is "not finished with Fable II yet."

I know the cool thing is to hate DLC, but I actually like it and think this is how it should be done. Both from a consumer and developer stand point.

I think the GTA IV DLC, for example, was brilliant. If there was any problem, it was that it was released too long after the original.

But Fable II seems to be doing it right. Keep adding stories and adventures, using the same engine and recycling assets to keep production costs down. This continually breathes new life into old games for the gamers, keeps a revenue stream open for the developers and also keeps the games off the used game market so they gain retain their higher sale price longer.

It seems like a win/win to me. I'm encouraged by this. I'd much rather have episodic DLC than wait 3 years for a slightly updated game engine and pay $60 for it.

Dammit! :LOL:

Let's see...

800 for Halo 3 Mythic
800 for FableII DLC 1

and likely 800 for DLC2..

gaaaah

:( I've already gone on microwave dinners.

Darn it!!! I haven't even opened mine yet.

At this rate, I'll never get to finish MGS4, start Mass Effect and Fable 2.
I still want to get RE5, KZ2, LBP and Halo Wars.

Back