Fable 2

It's so incredibly awesome I can barely wait the 9 minutes until I can go to the store and grab it on my lunch break.

I want to participate in the using dirty dog dug up condoms on drunk married women I picked up at the bar.

Hmm.. I guess I really don't need Fable for any of that, 'cept the dog part.

Scooby,

Question for you. You have 5 slots in the spell charging thing. Does that mean if you have 5, level 5 spells and put them in the list, the first slot will only fire off a level 1 version of that spell? 2nd slot = 2nd level of another spell and so on?

Yup.

A level 5 spell only acts as a Level 5 if it's in the 5th spot, if you assign it to lvl 3 it acts as a lvl 3 spell. There's no limit on how many of the same spell you can assign, so concievably you could take a level 5 spell and assign it to all 5 slots, allowing you to fire off all levels of that particular spell.

Lately I'm loving lvl 1 Slow Time, you can slow time instantly by tapping the button, and it also acts as a warp (i.e. Ninja Gaiden) to get behind enemies, or away from danger, again with just a tap of the button. I'm using that now, combined with lvl 2 Force Push, Level 3 Shock and Level 4 shock.

My new favourite strategy right now is to run smack in the middle of a bunch of bad guys, fire off a quick Lvl 2 Force Push, which knocks everyone down, and then while they're getting back up charge a huge Level 4 shock which basically finishes them all off...

But you're taking a lot of damage during the charge up, esp in the middle of them, right? I discovered the NG dash using the level 1 time wrap a while back and have been abusing it greatly. It gives a nice balances of strenght/exp/will. More importantly they can't block you when you dash behind them.

I got fire upto 4, shock to 3 and time warp to 2. I might take back the XP from time warp, since I only use it as a level 1 initiator anyway. I''ll work on force push after I get Fire to 5. My Dexterity is maxed out also which makes the shooting fun (like crackdown).

But you're taking a lot of damage during the charge up, esp in the middle of them, right? I discovered the NG dash using the level 1 time wrap a while back and have been abusing it greatly. It gives a nice balances of strenght/exp/will. More importantly they can't block you when you dash behind them.

I got fire upto 4, shock to 3 and time warp to 2. I might take back the XP from time warp, since I only use it as a level 1 initiator anyway. I''ll work on force push after I get Fire to 5. My Dexterity is maxed out also which makes the shooting fun (like crackdown).

Well not really because level 2 charges in like 2 seconds or less, so they might get in a hit or two but nothin major. Spell charging times decrease as you earn more Will points, I have a ton so I think maybe that's why my level 2 spells charge so quickly.

If they're really strong, I'll include a slow time in there which gives you plenty of time to fire off the force push. So lvl1 slow time + lvl 2 force push + lvl 4 shock = major ass whooping without even being hit :p

One thing I've found too is that when you use the higher level spells, you get a ton of Will experience points, so I always try and throw a Lvl 4 in there at some point.

Put a piece of property up for rent. There's not tenant listed on for the property (Tenant: None), yet when I enter the house, there's clearly someone living their. :???: A glitch, a squatter?

Can you redo the Cruicible Arena? I got 5 perfect rooms like the game asked me to do but I heard if you get all 8 perfect you get something cool? Also, right now I"m about to get on the boat with the girl. How far along in the main quest am I?

..my puppy is hurt.

I can't help my puppy. Mr Fancypants just keeps yelping and limping and crying and I can't help him at all.

I tried to buy potions before going into the quest, but there weren't any "dog potions". So now my poor boy is just crying and limping along because he got jacked up in my last fight.

Where do you buy dog healing potions? And how do you know your dog needs healing before he's a limping crying mess?

He's been such a good boy, too.

Except when we play ball, then I think he's retarded because I throw the ball and he looks around and then runs in the other direction.

Did I get a special needs dog?

The healing potion is free and infinte. If you get the icon (pressing down on the d pad) to heal the dog just use it. U can use it as much as you want. I think you get it when you leave the gypsy camp.

I find there to be a lack of sound effects, for instance I rarely, if at all, hear footsteps of the character walking, I do not hear the sound of the rain, etc.. It kind of break my immersion.

Solid game though, really enjoying it, even the jobs. I wasn't really following much news of the game up until it was released so it can be all new to me. However from what i did read I thought more would come from the fighting system and it's contextual stuff. I don't know what more I expected, but more.

I find there to be a lack of sound effects, for instance I rarely, if at all, hear footsteps of the character walking, I do not hear the sound of the rain, etc.. It kind of break my immersion.

Solid game though, really enjoying it, even the jobs. I wasn't really following much news of the game up until it was released so it can be all new to me. However from what i did read I thought more would come from the fighting system and it's contextual stuff. I don't know what more I expected, but more.

Check the audio setting in the options. When I first started playing the game was set to 5.1 even though my xbox was set to stereo. I was missing a lot of sounds. And when I joined another person's game, I had some missing sounds.

All that said, this is my favorite game on the 360 so far.

Will do tonight, although I am playing through a 5.1 sound system, and the game sounds surround. I hope that it's as simple as that though as it is about the only thing that bothers me on the game.

Check the audio setting in the options. When I first started playing the game was set to 5.1 even though my xbox was set to stereo. I was missing a lot of sounds. And when I joined another person's game, I had some missing sounds.

All that said, this is my favorite game on the 360 so far.

That's high praise from you considering other recomendations I've read from you. Knowing my taste in games, this may be the game that makes me most miss not having a 360.

Finally beat the game last night. Took me around 31hours and I did most of the side quests. I really enjoyed Mass Effect and enjoyed my time with Oblivion but this makes them look ordinary. This easily shoots to the top for my favorite game this gen. The charm/humor/adventure in the side quests in this game alone will top most game's main quests. In a way, I was doing the main quest only to open up more side quests.

The ending was awesome. MAJOR SPOILERS!
I chose the love options because no way I was going to let my dog die after he's been with me through every dungeon and adventure of the game. And after my daughter turned 10 she was quite cute so that was another incentive for me to pick the Love option. I really enjoyed the cliffhanger ending. Perfectly done and I really want DLC to be a huge expansion. Release it NOW, damnit!

In the end, Fable 2 is the game that you'll get exactly what you put into it. You can dumb down and make the game as boring as possible or let yourself embrace the world of Albion and letting your imagination run wild. That is really the ultimate choice.

It sounds like Molyneux was successful at capturing an emotional attachment, which deserves serious credit, and makes up somewhat for past broken promises!

Back