Killer Instinct 3 (big hint!)

Big shock if true - Alstrong, you owe me an "I told you so" !

This would be a great XBLA game actually, specifically if it was a prettier, tweaked remake a la Capcom's coming-soon SSF2T:HD.

Been praying for this game for like... ever!

I once went for an interview for an internship with Rare while I was still in Uni..

At the end of the interview I approached one of the staff members & asked whether they'd been planning to do KI3.. They told me "no" at the time & I was heartbroken..

Lets hope they can mend the broken wound they left so many moons ago..

:p

Fighting games normally suck at home anyways. While I played the crap out of KI when it was new in arcades, I barely touched it on consoles. Its just not the same.

Fighting games normally suck at home anyways. While I played the crap out of KI when it was new in arcades, I barely touched it on consoles. Its just not the same.

I disagree..

KI & most other fighting games are just about the only ones I can get my non-gaming friends & family members to play nowadays..

Plus I'm personally a greater fan of the gamepad control over using the arcade stick (but thats just me..)

SF2 SNES kept up the arcade incredibleness, at least for a good few weeks before I got burnt out. I was pretty happy with it.

Waste of resources?

IMHO they're better off making a kart racer or something else more mainstream...

I'd even expect Kameo II to sell more than a fighter.

Although a remixed arcade version would be nice I guess.

Waste of resources?

Respectfully - SHUT YOUR DIRTY MOUTH!!!

:)

Seriously - KI was one of the most fun fighting franchises around in the early to mid-90's! I'm stoked about the precept of a 3rd game - hell...I'd kill to have an arcade translation made for XBL/PSN! And no - don't say mame - it's ludicriously hard to get KI working under MAME - requires the HDD ISO files, and the last time I checked - some dongle to force it to think it was hooked up!

Jack

:D

But I would be very surprised to see this as a full retail game from Rare.

:p

I'll give you that - and even agree with you! With the exception of Soul Calibur 4 - there aren't enough full featured fighting games worth the $59.99 price tag. I think if fighting games are to survive - they'll survive on a XBL/PSN download svc basic - seems like you could have released any number of (other) fighters at the $39 mark and made money hand over fist!

Oh well...at least no one will buy Tekken!

Jack

Waste of resources?

IMHO they're better off making a kart racer or something else more mainstream...

I'd even expect Kameo II to sell more than a fighter.

Although a remixed arcade version would be nice I guess.

That was pretty much my first reaction!

But I would be very surprised to see this as a full retail game from Rare.

Maybe Rare's new use by MS is to release a slew of $40 titles to the market?

http://cubity.com/public/ki3.jpg

They *need* to reveal this tomorrow! I hope it's not Rare's sense of humor :(

It looks fake, its just pre-rendered images from the old KI games photochopped together.

I am sure that its not that hard for RARE to make a remake of Killer Instinct however I personally don't think it matters until the game is out and faces the gaming jury because most people have fond memories of KI because of its association of being a Nintendo game that would have ended up on a Ultra 64 even though it was on the SNES.

The other thing was that at the arcades, the game was successfull because the RARE of back then managed to make a competitor to Street Fighter with MK elements, that was then, this is now and there are so many fighting games that the current RARE is going to be banking on those people that still have fond memories and desire for a 3d remake.

Aside from Virtua Fighter and Tekken series no other 3d fighting game series has had any real staying power among the hardcore gamers, Capcom is banking on people forgetting that Street Fighter IV being a 3d game is a new idea as opposed to the Street Fighter EX2 and EX3 series that really expose the EX in their latest effort so only because of "current gen" mania and remake nostalgia (SFIV is based on SFII) can they trully hope to capture the gaming public with a shiny new current gen console.

Aside from Virtua Fighter and Tekken series no other 3d fighting game series has had any real staying power among the hardcore gamers, Capcom is banking on people forgetting that Street Fighter IV being a 3d game is a new idea as opposed to the Street Fighter EX2 and EX3 series that really expose the EX in their latest effort so only because of "current gen" mania and remake nostalgia (SFIV is based on SFII) can they trully hope to capture the gaming public with a shiny new current gen console.

SF4 is more 2.5D. 3D models on 2d plane, it's not really like Tekken/VF. In Japan there's still a few 2D fighters coming out, even with release on HD consoles, like Blaz Blue or KoF XII, or Tatsunoko vs. Capcom for Wii.

Back