Mirror's Edge video (looks hot)

:LOL: Europe must be a tough place to do business. :yes:

David Reeve was misunderstood. He said *unique* game instead of *exclusive* game when he talked about Sony's strategies and Mirror Edge -- although the interviewer was really asking about *exclusive* games.

Mirror's Edge Hands On

More gameplay details in the linked article: http://www.ps3fanboy.com/2008/09/15/hands-on-mirrors-edge/

The controls essentially boil down to two buttons and two analogue sticks; L1 is the "up" button, L2 is the "down" button and the sticks do exactly what you'd expect. This rather bizarre control set up takes some getting used to, but after a little while feels very fluid. Everything's context sensitive, so pushing L1 as you're running, standing, in mid-air or against a wall will result in different actions. Pressing L2 mid-jump, for example, will pull your legs up, allowing you to jump further. Pressing the same button just before you land after a long fall will preserve momentum by allowing you to execute a forward roll.

The controls will take some getting used to, especially when it's hard to know whether you're supposed to be holding the up/down buttons or pressing them repeatedly. No doubt this will take longer than the 20 minute demo I played. Obviously the graphics are gorgeous, as you've seen from the trailers, though there was quite a bit of aliasing. This isn't a deal breaker, however, especially since Mirror's Edge shining gem is its unique gameplay. My major concern is whether the novelty will wear off. Can always-moving-forward style gameplay support an entire game? I'm hoping for some more exploratory areas, which are less about running away and more about using my acrobatic skills to reach difficult areas.

Getting my hands on Mirror's Edge confirmed my suspicions, but it also surprised me. The game is going to be a lot tougher than I thought, but it's also going to be a lot more fun. All I want now is to see more of it. I feel like I know this cityscape level like the back of my hand. There's no firm release date, yet, but it's definitely near the top of my list for games to grab this holiday season.

I hope so to, but they do not mention that in the link ;) But it would tie in nicely with the pre-order date.

Hmm, good point. Ah well, some excellent stuff coming already this week anyway.

It's an amazing week content wise, a demo of Mirror Edge is best left for an emptier one to give it some good attention.

I really hope it doesn't disappoint

Me too ! I will always support unique games within my means.
Hopefully the developer doesn't disappoint.

Back