GRID

JaylumX

Newcomer
Demo is a juicey 800mb

Wow . I have never seen soooo many cars on screen at once .......and it runs soooo smooooothly - like a greased up whipet. Fans of DIRT will love the graphics. Handling is arcade but then again that is what i like and best of all controling the car is very good. Also there is damage. Go download and find out

I might give it a dosage judging from the demo. Gonna play some more.

I ve seen videos from the demo. They have to do something with the steering. The wheels turn too fast. They are so sudden that it gives the impression that there is no weight. The slightest press of the stick towards a direction makes the driver suddenly turn completely the steering wheel towards that direction

edit:

This is what I am talking about

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ul8cCgOW6Zo

Its also up on the EU PSN.

Very stylized in terms of the presentations. I really like the approach they took. Can clearly see the evolution from Dirt.

Interesting braking model they're using there. With brake assist off, once you let off the brakes you pretty much have 100% grip. :D Feels kinda funny. With the tires traction no longer being used for braking, there should be more for cornering, but the way its handled in the game just feels kinda strange.

Not sure what to make of graphics yet. While they look very good from what I've seen, something feels "off" for lack of a better word. Not sure what though.

@Nesh,

I didn't look at the video you linked to, but from the demo what you're describing sounds about right. Strangely though, it doesn't look entirely out of place, to me, when playing. I'll have to pay closer attention and see how much range there is.

EDIT

Oh, and I hate the 3D mini-map. On first impression, its not nearly as helpful as a full view of the course. Although it may just take some getting used to. I also don't like how the pause button takes you out of your view, that's detracting.

Last edited by a moderator:
I played just 2 races on the frist track this morning before heading into work. This game looks very clean and plays soooo smooth. Once I get more time with the handling I'll see how the driving part of it is. But wow at the looks.

This game looks amazing, and runs very smooth. Its defiantly the best looking racing game I have played on my 360. The handling takes a couple of tries to get a hang of, but after that the game is very enjoyable. All in all, I am very impressed with this demo, so much so that I might consider purchasing it.

Wow, I'm even more disappointed than I thought it would be. Using the in-car camera view it almost looks like the game is upscaled, the graphics don't really seem to have even basic HDR, the handling even at its most difficult is just boring as hell, especially turns and braking don't feel anything like driving a car, and the cars don't really roll. Give me PGR's handling anytime over this, let alone GT5 Prologue.

This is not going to take away a lot of playtime from GT5 Prologue for me. And in terms of graphics, even Dirt looked better.

Hugely disappointing. I'll give it some more goes but so far, MEH, with capitals.

Wow, I'm even more disappointed than I thought it would be. Using the in-car camera view it almost looks like the game is upscaled, the graphics don't really seem to have even basic HDR, the handling even at its most difficult is just boring as hell, especially turns and braking don't feel anything like driving a car, and the cars don't really roll. Give me PGR's handling anytime over this, let alone GT5 Prologue.

This is not going to take away a lot of playtime from GT5 Prologue for me. And in terms of graphics, even Dirt looked better.

Hugely disappointing. I'll give it some more goes but so far, MEH, with capitals.

which version?

allegedly 360 is 4xAA to PS3 2x (Quaz) and according to blim the PS3 suffers from drab colors /lighting and frame rate as well compared to 360

I'm DL as we speak

not impressed either. physics are a little better than DiRT (which isn't saying much), but as far as visuals go, it looks on par imho.

san franciso track was fun to drive otherwise not very impressive.

The lighting is so unsubtle compared to GT5's..it bothers me. Bloom is overused like Dirt, but not as much as in dirt (which was really extreme).

Other than that it does look pretty good though, with lots of cars onscreen. Would you guys venture to say it's the best looking 360 racer? Or nay? Maybe PGR4..

The controls in this game are terrible. Sure, I could get used to this over time but I rather keep my muscle memory for sim games like Forza. While the PGR4 games have an arcade feel to them, they're still much more Forza like in their controls. This is just terrible. Although it looks pretty and runs very smooth.

Gfx look really clean and sharp on x360, 4xAA -> yes, at least in one race event. PGR style motion blur really makes smooth ride and visuals in general are best I have seen, really step up from other racing games.

Camera is funny, kind of active reacting in outside view, makes you "feel" some bumps and crashes visually. Controls and handling is different from others but that is not bad thing, just takes some time to adjust.

The lighting is so unsubtle compared to GT5's..it bothers me. Bloom is overused like Dirt, but not as much as in dirt (which was really extreme).

Other than that it does look pretty good though, with lots of cars onscreen. Would you guys venture to say it's the best looking 360 racer? Or nay? Maybe PGR4..

Agreed.

The controls in this game are terrible. Sure, I could get used to this over time but I rather keep my muscle memory for sim games like Forza. While the PGR4 games have an arcade feel to them, they're still much more Forza like in their controls. This is just terrible. Although it looks pretty and runs very smooth.

Agreed.http://forum.beyond3d.com/showpost.php?p=1140635&postcount=58

I agree, I just dont really like the stylised, almost cartoony graphics. Too much motion-blur aswell. I was expecting better based on the videos I had seen.

The handling is much more arcade than I thought it would be. Its a big departure from the TOCA series.

The demo just gave me an empty feeling. It didnt actually feel like I was racing.

I loved it actually.. graphics are great the racing was fun, I think it has a nice balance kinda like PGR, is arcadey but not ridge racer, but is not GT5, I don't know why people keep comparing those games they are not intended to be the same... gt5 and forza are their own thing.. grid is going for something different, and I really like it.

I played it last night, it looks pretty. But boy I sure don't like the driving mechanics of the game. It seemed really hard to tell how much gas to give the car out of a turn before it would just spin, like there was no sort of grip threshold.

Back