Killzone 2 pre-release discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick! You've got a month or two of development left – get a bit more variety in there! Give the soldiers robo-attack dogs or something! We need more flavours sitting atop our Killzone 2 cone.

Please don't listen to these idiots...

Please don't listen to these idiots...

Actually I remember seeing concept art of attack dogs, I think it was for Liberation lol.

Still, some of the other complaints the guy does are already addressed in the "there are these problems in this kinda alpha build and they'll be fixed" document Guerrilla provided to the journalists. Someone posted it at GAF, not sure about here.

Apparently even the most complex scenes, when the rendering was load balanced, only took up 60% of the SPUs time. So there's more to go yet! And that's including physics, AI, etc.

No. They have to stick at 60% in order to have a solid 30fps. No more.

This is from the IGN interview:

Surprisingly, even within the heaviest firefight onscreen, Arjan pointed out that the largest load on each one of the SPUs didn't exceed 60%...

This would suggest that BoardBonobo is correct, no?

Going through the videos again, I notice theres still quite a lot of character geometry pop-up. It gave me an unwelcome flashback of Killzone 1 on the PS2. I certainly hope this will be addressed by release.

According to certain interview the preview build is two months old and they are still improving over the visuals. I am sure (IGN?) or someone said in an interview that the newer build is a noticable improvment even over the build being shown here. Which really boggles the mind.

*sigh*...

http://www.gamersyde.com/news_7388_en.html

by showing you most of the levels featured in the preview code, we caused more harm to the publisher Sony and the developer Guerrilla than we could ever have imagined.

Therefore, we have permanently removed all the concerned files. And to the people working at Guerrilla and Sony we'd like to adress our public apologies.

So.............. because they have played part of the game and do not like everything about it and have given ideas on how they think the game can be made better they are idiots?!

Err.. I gather he was specifically referring to the recommendation of implementing robo-attack dogs.. but it sounds like you've got some complaints you want to get off your chest?

So.............. because they have played part of the game and do not like everything about it and have given ideas on how they think the game can be made better they are idiots?!
The guy fails to mention one of best weapons of the game, the bolt gun.
Either he didnt play through that section or he intentionally failed to mention it to better support his "argument."
I think the "how to fix it" sections are pretty stupid as well, some of his "solutions" would further delay the game.

The guy fails to mention one of best weapons of the game, the bolt gun.
Either he didnt play through that section or he intentionally failed to mention it to better support his "argument."
I think the "how to fix it" sections are pretty stupid as well, some of his "solutions" would further delay the game.

As if Guerilla Games is really going to take his thoughts into consideration. Let the guy offer his opinion.

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3171677&p=37

Some of their comments are just plain idiotic. The words straws and clutching spring to mind.

Not liking the enemy because they all have "iconinc" red eyes is just plain dumb (strangely no other preview mentions such a failing). I hope Guerilla go underground/media blackout now for the next two months and iron out these "legitimate" glitches, add even more polish if that is at all possible, then come back in febuary and reveal the game that lives up to EVERYONES ridiculously high expectations, though for me they already have.

Edit-: On a side note, a few days ago Guerilla mentioned some of the things wrong in the preview version were or will be ironed out, my question is when the previews went out, would Guerilla of mentioned these things to the previewers? If so why didn`t any of the previewers mention such fixes had already implemented?

Last edited by a moderator:
They are entitled to their opinion. Do you really care ?

There is enough media to see and beta testers to discuss KZ2 with. 1UP's views will simply be moderated by the community of beta testers out there.

The thing if everyone was so picky about games then nothing would get a good review. Based on opinions like that Bioshock would have got a 3 out of ten and Gear of War 2 would have just been classed as derivative drivel. The Halo franchise would just be prettied up expansions to the isometrics pioneered on the 8 bits and basically nogame will EVER be worth playing because it will NEVER meet expectations.

"Hey the world's round and capable of sustaining an infinite diversity of life! Yeah... but it's not quite round enough..."

New vids

Snapshot:

pWREYhxrL.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back