Doom 4 Announced

Somehow Doom set in a modern looking earth like setting just doesn't do anything for me.

In other words, hopefully those aren't shots from the next Doom.

Regards,
SB

If you stand there looking at the enviroment, you aren't playing DOOM anyway. Such a nice DOOM would be very expensive to make, leveldesign, ...

I'd be perfectly happy if I didn't notice the surrounding due to upteen bazillion (gross exaggeration) monsters that would attempt to forcibly squash me when I entered a room like in Doom I and II.

But if it's still going to be 1 or 2 monsters at a time like most of D3, you'll have plenty of time to appreciate the surroundings.

Regards,
SB

I'd be perfectly happy if I didn't notice the surrounding due to upteen bazillion (gross exaggeration) monsters that would attempt to forcibly squash me when I entered a room like in Doom I and II.

But if it's still going to be 1 or 2 monsters at a time like most of D3, you'll have plenty of time to appreciate the surroundings.

Regards,
SB

Serious Doom 4?

Somehow I imagined it to be grittier, darker. Something just looks off. The first pic is sufficiently desolate, but it's just... brown and lacking... something. Lack of colour range?

That's the problem with leaks, see, they're not put together by the marketing people and they're not tailored to communicate the devs' vision about the game...

At least the enemies haven't leaked (yet?...) but Bethesda and id should go public ASAP to minimize the damage.

Why would an employee leak this stuff. Maybe a dumb contractor? Or I wonder if somebody outside got access to an alpha..

Might be a collection of images being given to a magazine publisher getting ready for an exclusive article and leaked from there.

It is a ex-employee leak. Might be anything from revenge to just plain stupidity.
I mean he's gonna get the sh** lawyered out of him by Bethesda...

Must be a texture/scene artists dream working on something like that with idTech 5.

And a nightmare to get it leaked on the internet before any official material. This guy is probably never going to work on a game again.

That's entirely dependent on them being able to find out who leaked it of course, which isn't entirely 100% certain...

Something which impresses the heck out of me (and is entirely irrelevant to this thread, but interesting nevertheless) is how Blizzard is able to keep its "titan" MMO so hushed-up for years and years on end. They've been working on this thing now for what, five years or something. Probably more. And yet nary a PEEP leaked. That is some seriously impressive employee loyalty they've got going over there in Irvine.

What gives you reason to believe that? Carmack's skull circumference indicates his brain is so large he's actually psychic? ;)

The guy's name is all over the net. The leak originated from his personal website (which is now taken offline) and contained images of stuff that he's worked on.
They know exactly who he is.

Back