BBC Interviewing Kaz Hirai (PS)

Tahir2

Veteran
Supporter
I'm [Darren Waters] interviewing Kaz Hirai, the global boss of PlayStation on Wednesday morning [7th May 2008].
management_full_kaz.jpg

Sony is hosting a PlayStation day this afternoon at the 02 arena in London, giving an update on the business and showcasing titles that are coming out later this year.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/technology/2008/05/playstation_boss_answers_your.html

Some good questions there, I hope he asks the second one about the piss poor SCEE performance in the store and other things like DS3.

As an example, I get emails every week in my inbox from my japanese and us PSN accounts about store updates but have never received one for my euro account.

Also the euro store is an absolute joke compared to the US one were you can quickly and easily find new demos.

OK, not a lot new interesting information in there, but it is very obvious why Europe is treated so badly by Sony in terms late releases of hardware etc.

Kaz shows some embarrasing lack of knowledge of what Sony currently is offering the European market. He thinks that Sony is offering 80 GB SKUs here and that the DualShock 3 is offered in "all territories".

Was expecting him to be better in touch with the market, I will not pay too much attention to his interviews in the future, I really miss Phil Harrison.

Jesus Christ. The stupidity of executives goes on!! I cant believe that Hirai and Tretton STILL dont have a clue about what is going on!! Unbelievable!! That from a serious international company!!

If there is no coordination and cross functional integration this isnt going to go well. They are going to blow up any source of credibility without that being Sony's intention! Just some people's ignorace and lack of care!

Where is Phill?? That was the only guy that cared and knew everything about the ins and outs of the offerings

OK, not a lot new interesting information in there, but it is very obvious why Europe is treated so badly by Sony in terms late releases of hardware etc.

Kaz shows some embarrasing lack of knowledge of what Sony currently is offering the European market. He thinks that Sony is offering 80 GB SKUs here and that the DualShock 3 is offered in "all territories"

I haven't heard his interview. The man probably has a backstage view of the entire operation. From his perspective, 80Gb SKU and DS3 are being offered (and shipped ?) to European offices as we speak. So PAL region will see them shortly.

Was expecting him to be better in touch with the market, I will not pay too much attention to his interviews in the future, I really miss Phil Harrison.

Yeah, I always thought that Kaz should find another backstage guy to help him in logistics while he oversee the big picture. SCEA is too quiet too. From observation, the (new) VP of Product Marketing has done some improvements but they are not enough to make a big difference from the consumer's point of view yet. The marketing activities are still disjointed from product development by and large.

Back