Sony Gamer's Day 2008 (May 6, 2008)

Not much really. Probably Sony didnt want to show all their guns at Sony Gamers Day on purpose. They want to leave some for E3 as well

Hmm, didn't they show 8 Days the same time as Uncharted?

And Uncharted wasn't even named at that point.

If they don't have anything newer to show by now, the project may be shelved.

Same thing for Afrikan.

Yeah, the Eyedentify concept looks cool, but I suspect they shelved the game because of flakey voice recognition, which may lead to awkward gameplay. I have been trying to find more info about the game to no avail.

I also liked Afrika quite a bit. It's too bad if they can't make a fun game out of it. I think the wildlife animation is pretty vivid.

Hmm, didn't they show 8 Days the same time as Uncharted?

And Uncharted wasn't even named at that point.

If they don't have anything newer to show by now, the project may be shelved.

Same thing for Afrikan.

From http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2008/apr/28/sonylondon, last April 28th:

Moving up from floor to floor, we see Eight Days – which is just ramping up to full production. To get an idea of the scale of development required on next-gen consoles, the team, currently numbering 63, will expand to about 80 with a further 40 or so outsourced workers. A small team is working on pre-production for the next iteration of The Getaway, in preparation for being joined by the bulk of the Eight Days team when the latter is completed.

Still nothing from Oddworld. :cry: Oh well hopefully something at E3 or soon.

Aren't they working on a movie, called Citizen Siege? I think Lorne Lanning said the studio was moving away from games and if there was a game tie-in for Citizen Siege they would have someone else develop it.

Back