Sony Gamer's Day 2008 (May 6, 2008)

Hard to make out too much from the quality of that clip, but I think I saw some impressively subtle and smooth animations sprinkled throughout. Character and environment.

EDIT

Trailers on PSN are a bit of a let down. Not much shown. Some Confrontation footage and video of the PSP GPS is the only thing that caught my interest (that's in the PSN showcase video). Motorstorm trailer appears to be the one we've already seen, not the one they were apparently showing at the press conference.

Though the Haze demo makes up for it. Been looking forward to giving it a go for a while now. I think Thursday brings more footage from the conference as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hard to make out too much from the quality of the trailer, but I think I saw some impressively subtle and smooth animations sprinkled throughout. Character and environment.

Yeah, the animations really stood out. The first person view of helping that other character stand up looked great.

It sounds like Sony has already surpass MS in term of user base in Europe, pretty impressive.

IMO MS should have never allow ps3 to gain so much momemtum here, the BRD victory has just been the icing on cake.
Strategic error, their is a lot to discuss in regard to the timing of the price cut and say the launches of GTPrologue andGTA IV.

It sounds like Sony has already surpass MS in term of user base in Europe, pretty impressive.

IMO MS should have never allow ps3 to gain so much momemtum here, the BRD victory has just been the icing on cake.
Strategic error, their is a lot to discuss in regard to the timing of the price cut and say the launches of GTPrologue andGTA IV.

Interesting... Last SCEE forecast was for the Summer so they had a really good start this year. Good news for all third party devs.

Interesting... I know that VGCharts is not reliable but that would mean that they are off by over a million for European territory. I thought they adjusted according to NPD?

Interesting... I know that VGCharts is not reliable but that would mean that they are off by over a million for European territory. I thought they adjusted according to NPD?

I think VGchartz "other" territory is more than just Europe. Australia, New Zealand, Afrika, etc... Somewhere is scattered ~1M more xbox360s than PS3s.

It's not really about "allowing". MS has improved their position in Europe by a fair bit, if you look at the numbers. But EU is Sonyland. There seems to be less of a history of competing platforms in Europe. Was Nintendo or Sega ever a real factor there?

Any news from SCEE regarding PlayTV recording while playing games ? The last time I heard they were testing it. So we can play GTA4, or MotorStorm 4-player split screen, while PS3 is recording a live show ? There should be a limit somewhere. Some clarification would be appreciated.

Back