Anybody with GTA IV problems?

after reinstalling & removing game data got through the cut scene but still having hangs up for a second or two once in a while.

Was the freezing before removal and reinstall reproducable every time you start the game ?

Unless you're very sensitive with frame rate like me (I get motion sickness with fast moving camera with low or fluctuating frame rate), you should pick the game up if you like the previous version.

I am pretty sensitive to frame rates, esp changes in frame rates. I can handle 25 FPS but I can't handle 50 frames one second and 25 the next.

Aaron spink
speaking for myself inc.

I am pretty sensitive to frame rates, esp changes in frame rates. I can handle 25 FPS but I can't handle 50 frames one second and 25 the next.

Aaron spink
speaking for myself inc.

I haven't seen any great fluctuations like that but I've not really been in any big firefights or anything yet. I'd call what I've seen fairly steady. You certainly won't have to worry about it dropping from 50 to 25, because it will never get to 50. :p

My game did that video freeze / continuing audio "crash" after about 5 straight hours of play. It's the 360 as I chose it over the PS3 due to my larger online friend list on the 360. I was seriously hoping this was a PS3 only problem, but alas it's not so. I have a 20GB "zephr" 360 with a BenQ drive.

Main problem... lack of time.. :)

Game issues, had some trouble with multiplayer not working last afternoon, worked late night.
Game ask me to connect to PSN, which i am but doesn´t show the stats in the menus anyway.
I will need to play around with the contrast/brightness/tint controls, the dark seems very dark.

I've had it lock up my 360 while loading a few times, both in single player and multiplayer. And the framerate tanks regularly, far more than any reviewer I've seen suggest. My only other problems are that I can't get enough, and I can't wait to build an uber rig for the PC version.

I had one lockup and I have one of the first batch of PAL 60gb consoles, but that's it.

Gave me a scare though as the screen went funny when I restarted it, there was nothing wrong with the PS3 it had crapped out my TV (even when I went switch to a TV channel the corruption remained)

It was fine when I turned it off and back on again though.

That is the only time it's locked up in about 5 hours of playing it.

Game arrived today. Popped it in my launch model JP PS3 with an upgraded 120GB HD.

I have had absolutely no problems at all. Game is running perfectly!

Game is running fine for me. It did crash once on my brothers account and one time when I exited the game, the system restarted and went to the user account ogin screen instead. While playing though, I never had any problems with it besides multiplayer being down.

PS3 40 gig

I tried Hangman's Noose online and a couple guys with 360 Elites said they'd had lockups while playing online. So far no problems with my 360.

I had several lock-ups with my 60Gb PS3. The first one actually happened during the installation, it installed about 5% and stopped. Had to reboot, and delete the game data.

The second installation went fine, but the game crashed an additional 2 or 3 times while playing, during about 4 hours of gameplay. After each crash I deleted the game data, but this is obviously not working.

I hope they will have a better solution soon.

Played for several hours now. Not a single issue to speak of.

I'm logged into PSN. My PSN id is registered with socialclub. So I don't think that theory that it has something to do with that holds up.

I'm playing at 720p btw. Are people with freezing playing on TVs that only support 1080i by any chance?

I'm playing at 720p btw. Are people with freezing playing on TVs that only support 1080i by any chance?

Nah, I'm playing at 720p as well.

I remember Motorstorm freezing up on me maybe 2 times, but that was before patches/firmware. Since then no other game has had any issues.

My 360 locked up last night when I hit start to check out the map. I had to reboot it and lost a good chunk of progress. I was playing at 1280x720 on VGA.

Back