[PC] Grand Theft Auto IV

The PC version of GTA IV has not even been announced for release and is still in development so is not about to be released on a website we have no knowledge of.

I knew they weren't going to leave us in the dust.

Well there not is a GTA 4 profile in the latest drivers for the GT 280 and 260 !! :mrgreen: . But there is for STALKER Clear Sky and Far Cry 2 ;) .

The following is events that occurred in the last month:

Bought an Xbox 360. Puchased GTA IV. Played GTA IV. Cried because it wasn't that great. Sold GTA IV. Sold Xbox 360.

Frankly.... GTA IV was worse than GTA: SA... by a long shot for me. The game's story simply didn't draw me. The setting didn't draw me. The game takes its self so seriously yet it's a utter joke. The voice acting was so cliche. The story so cliche. Everything about it seemed straight out of the movies. They had so many opportunities to tell a interesting and unique story but didn't. I'll likely pick the game up if it comes out for PC but I'll be in no rush and likely get a copy some months after release depending on pricing. Just not that great and certainly fell way below the hype.

GTA4 is tremendously overrated, rockstar gave the media at best 48 hours to review the game, sometimes as little as 8hours. Thus eliminated any chance for the press to start noticing how lacking the game is compared to GTA:SA. Its much more limited and much less stuff to do than in gta:sa

dsc00560.jpg

Hah tell me about it! I think I must take a break, to many good games and mods and the time isnt enough. :LOL:

Indeed, it was my brithday at the weeked so now I have the following games that need to be completed:

Lost Planet (maybe 70% done)
Oblivion (maybe 50% done)
Gears of War (PC)
Crysis
Assassins Creed
Command & Conquer 3

So I've got to complete all in what? A couple of months? Thats if I want GTA4 as soon as it comes out.

Who was it that said there are no good games on the PC? ;)

pjbliverpool you big wuss....

with the exception of oblivion (cos you can play it indefinately sort of)
you should be done in a week

pjbliverpool you big wuss....

with the exception of oblivion (cos you can play it indefinately sort of)
you should be done in a week

Lol, unfortunatly its Oblivion thats sapping all my time atm. Usually I would only game about 4 hours a week but Oblivions getting about 12-20 depending on my mood!

Well, when you're done with that Fallout3 should hold you until GTA4 is out.

If F3 ends up as oblivion with guns, its going to suck (according to eurogamer it seems that it is), so not sure about that. We all remember how horrible the fighting was in oblivion, now imagine how much worse its going to be with guns :)

The first PC screenshots have been released. Also the news is that along with the new multiplayer stuff the PC version will have the expected goodies and also a few new stuff.

Up to 2560x1600.
Longer draw distance.
Better lighting.
New animations.
New textures and higher resolution.
TiVo-like 30 seconds of replay; can edit with different camera angles and publish to Rockstar portal.
Because of PC's HDD, LoD will stream faster and reduce the pop-in effect of the consoles.

Back