Are you going to get GTA4?

Are you going to get GTA4?

• Total voters
Nope. I don't have an X360/PS3, and my PC probably couldn't play it at decent speed even at lowest settings! It's also not my cup of tea, so to speak. I do give the series past the first two games(And two stand alone expansion packs) a lot of credit, though. A lot of very good games wouldn't exist or be in the same form they're in now if not for GTA3, GTA:VC and GTA:SA.

I've got a feeling one will take up more time than the other ... ;) (Especially after seeing the Eurogamer Wii preview ... that was a funny review, but it totally turned me off the Wii board for now)

A preview was a funny review... ok :LOL:

Seriously though, not sure why this has an importance what so ever.. but I'd say its likely I will play GTA4 more. The limit on how long I play GTA4 is how enjoyable I find the game, the limit for Wii Fit is how long I can take the physical strain ;)

Can't wait to see some actual framegrab comparisons between 360 and PS3. I'm really curious as to what's causing the "dithering" effect on the 360. I don't have a 360 yet, so I have no choice but to get the PS3 version, though at least it's a slight consolation since I hate dithering. Too bad I'll be missing out on DLC though :(:(:(. Maybe I'll pick up the 360 version when the DLC pops up if I have a 360 by then.

Yes, 360.

I'm not getting a PS3 until all of the following:

- 200 EUR
- Final Fantasy XIII out in EU
- Blu-ray discs at the video rental store at the corner

Just one comment: here in the US we're losing all the video rental stores at the corner - between Netflix and downloads there's just no money in them.

As for the thread, I'll go PS3 simply because I don't do XBL for lack of time and barely have time to play what I already own (Haven't even opened Rainbow 6-2 and I've had it since it came out).

I'll go for PS3 version (I dont' have 360 so there's no dilemma)

What I really like about this game is art direction and atmosphere

I loved previous games for their complexity and gameplay, but cartoonish style always annoyed me - you know, despite all the violence etc., female characters looked like Barbie and male characters were Ken-like. Not to mention toy cars...
And now every aspect of the game is coherent

I'm amazed so many people actually have both consoles! Seems a bit redundant to me.

Why not? They both will have exclusives that shines on their platforms. If you want to play both, you have to own both. Especially, after hitting 200-250$ price points, I think all ppl who calls themselves gamers should own both.

Anyway, if I go back to topic.. I will get 360 version tomorrow for no particular reason :)

Sort of decided to buy the X360 version tomorrow, after looking at the gameplay videos and reviews... 4-day weekend coming up, lots of time to play! :)

I have both the X360 (gaming) and a PS3 (for Blu-ray movie playback, but also for the future Little Big Planet game), but i'm honestly reluctant to buy this GTA installment for either.
Nothing so far has really caught my eye as being truly innovative (i have most of the previous games for the PC, another one was a PS2 version of GTA: Vice City), and, frankly, the general concept is getting a little tiresome already.
Call me an old timer, but to me only GTA: VC and the original MS-DOS GTA are really worth it. :D
If only there was a PC version of GTA IV... :(

i have both, i was gonna get the PS3 version because of less popin and apparantly its sharper. now im in a wash. i dont know what to do. sometimes i wish Quaz (nothing against you at all) wouldn't post this stuff. i rather not know about it lol

i have both, i was gonna get the PS3 version because of less popin and apparantly its sharper. now im in a wash. i dont know what to do. sometimes i wish Quaz (nothing against you at all) wouldn't post this stuff. i rather not know about it lol

I'd prioritize this way
1) Which version do most of your friends have for multiplayer?
2) Do you care about the DLC?

Those are really the only two factors in deciding which version to own if you have both systems. I'm more multiplayer than DLC, but feel free to reverse those if you're a single player guy. If you don't care about either, then I don't think it matters which one you have.

Well although it has less pixel count, the PS3 version seems to be slightly preferred visually (I'm assuming the blur introduced from upscaling is making it look more realistic...possibly). Also, for some reason, the 360 version seems to have obvious dithering applied to background objects...and I have no clue why. In the end though, you probably won't care which version you got, from a visual perspective. Just get the one with the more suited online community for you, or for which you prefer the controller. 360 DLC is also another influencing factor, if you're interested in that kind of thing.

Nothing so far has really caught my eye as being truly innovative (i have most of the previous games for the PC, another one was a PS2 version of GTA: Vice City), and, frankly, the general concept is getting a little tiresome already.
Call me an old timer, but to me only GTA: VC and the original MS-DOS GTA are really worth it. :D
If only there was a PC version of GTA IV... :(

What, it would suddenly become truly innovative because it's on the PC?

yeah, resolution aside, most agree that the ps3 version looks slightly better despite the resolution.

the main deciding factor is which system your friends are getting it for. you'll get far more enjoyment playing with your friends online than DLC imho, because the game is already quite lengthy.

Back