Are you going to get GTA4?

Are you going to get GTA4?

• Total voters
It has to come out on the PC. I mean, after seeing that IGN video review with gameplay, it just have to! I gotta have this game on the PC. :(

Dunno yet, I blindly bought San Andreas (after GTA3 + Vice City), but I dint like it at all. It felt like overloaded with useless & boring crap, an I feared GTA4 would similary increase in quantity and focus on realistic but equally unimportand and annoying details.

So I planned to hold on and just wait till the initial release-hype is gone and some more "sober" reviews show up. But things like "Liberty City isn't as big as San Andreas, but is far denser" get me itching again :D

Oh, and I definitly wont get it for the PC, never ever. So PS3 for me... probably just a matter how long I can resist.

Not sure. Seems a surprising amount of you feel exactly like me, ambivalent about GTA and open world games in general.

That said, IGN's ten review has pushed me more towards the "buy" (on Xbox 360) direction.

"Liberty City isn't as big as San Andreas, but is far denser"

Yeah this is a big plus for me too. Rockstar said they made the city denser instead of focusing on huge.

GTA is definitely one of those uber complex games that makes women run terrified towards their Wii..very high intimidation factor.

Ofcourse, can't miss out on a game this big. After playing Crackdown, I can't wait for a open world game like this. Getting the 360 version due to friends/controller/DLC.

Probably the xbox 360 for the downloadable content. Plus all of my friends are getting it for the 360 (they're all in their mid-20s to mid-30s, so I'm not sure where your comment is coming from Arwin... I'm probably missing something ;) ). If the ps3 version has any major improvements, then I'll get it for that... but the improvements would have to be significant to top the dlc and online multiplayer with my buds.

It is one of the games that I feel is destroying the perception people have for games and for gamers.

If it wasnt for the violence and the freedom to do any crime you want I doubt it would have gotten the recognition it got. It is the "Mortal Kombat" of free roaming action games. Violence sells. I prefer a "Street Fighter" or "Virtua Fighter".

I prefer supporting games with more creativity than the GTA series. I know its a personal view that many dont share but thats how I feel about GTA.

I know some people play a certain game for different reasons, but when I see my cousin or some friends bragging about it because they can kill and do anything they want to anybody and anything I feel that this is a game with a bad influence. It sells for the wrong reasons. It simply destroys the good image of gaming. It is different when a game is being praised for its creativity, design, art direction, unique gameplay, etc, but being praised for sex and violence is something I am against at

It is one of the games that I feel is destroying the perception people have for games and for gamers.

If it wasnt for the violence and the freedom to do any crime you want I doubt it would have gotten the recognition it got. It is the "Mortal Kombat" of free roaming action games. Violence sells. I prefer a "Street Fighter" or "Virtua Fighter".

I prefer supporting games with more creativity than the GTA series. I know its a personal view that many dont share but thats how I feel about GTA.

I know some people play a certain game for different reasons, but when I see my cousin or some friends bragging about it because they can kill and do anything they want to anybody and anything I feel that this is a game with a bad influence. It sells for the wrong reasons. It simply destroys the good image of gaming. It is different when a game is being praised for its creativity, design, art direction, unique gameplay, etc, but being praised for sex and violence is something I am against at

You are completely of track, GTA4 is creative, is new, is amazing art and from the reviews take gaming and entertainement to a whole new level. Just because your cousin and friends get off on the violence doesn´t mean the rest of the world is as retarded.

You are completely of track, GTA4 is creative, is new, is amazing art and from the reviews take gaming and entertainement to a whole new level. Just because your cousin and friends get off on the violence doesn´t mean the rest of the world is as retarded.

I didnt say that everyone who plays it is retarded or plays it for violence. As I said some people may play a game for different reasons. But the main selling point of GTA for the most people isnt what you and some other people see in it.

I dont know much about GTA4. So it could be different. My personal experience with previous GTA games didnt express to me any form of creativity or art though.

I'm amazed so many people actually have both consoles! Seems a bit redundant to me.

My GF says the same thing (but, hypocritically is very interested in Wii Fit!) and I do often catch myself thinking "what am I doing?" - still, the alternative would be going out & spending my cash on getting drunk!

I can't vote but yes. The PS3 version here in Belgium is also very cheap for some kind of strange reason. Allot of shops are selling/preordering the PS3 version for 49.99 euro while those shops normally ask prices between 65 or 75 euro's. To compare, they ask 45 euro for Lair.

The 360 versions seems to be full price.

Back