Mother's day gift ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

musictime

Banned
Hey mother's day is coming. I want to buy a gift for my mother, something useful or something with special meanings. Any good ideas, waht do you intend to buy for your mother??

Does she have a printer worth a sh*t? If not, I'd get her one if you go in the something useful direction.

My Mom has basically one criteria for a good gift - it has to be something she doesn't need. If she needs it, she'll get it herself. So I send flowers or Home Bistro gourmet meals (she loves good food but hates to cook and is on her own since my Dad died). Another good gift that's free is to call all her friends and tell them it's her birthday and suggest they take her to lunch (one at a time) or a movie or whatever. My Mom loved that one and was booked solid with fun things and friends for two weeks.

For my mum I'm setting her up a new HTPC down at the house, since at the moment it's just an XP box sitting there that I always have to fiddle with to let her watch anything. So I'll get a nice new HTPC with some good, easy to control software for her. I'm also getting her a new PC to use down at the house since she doesn't have anything there at the moment and lugging the laptop home from work is annoying (plus it's a slow, unwieldly machine).

Also a card, some of her favourite chocolates and a trip up to the mountains for some morning breakfast at one of the quaint little quiet towns with all those lovely open-air bakeries and restaurants that look out over the ranges.

For my mum I'm setting her up a new HTPC down at the house, since at the moment it's just an XP box sitting there that I always have to fiddle with to let her watch anything. So I'll get a nice new HTPC with some good, easy to control software for her. I'm also getting her a new PC to use down at the house since she doesn't have anything there at the moment and lugging the laptop home from work is annoying (plus it's a slow, unwieldly machine).

Also a card, some of her favourite chocolates and a trip up to the mountains for some morning breakfast at one of the quaint little quiet towns with all those lovely open-air bakeries and restaurants that look out over the ranges.

She’s your mother, not your girlfriend.

Flowers, that’s the only gift you should give her though getting her a PC isn’t a bad idea either.

I'm getting my mom a digital photo frame.

It's easy to use and she'll love the fact that it has a slideshow feature.

Flowers. Book (depends on taste). CD/DVD/BD (depends on taste). Chocolates expressing "thank you" (for being my mom) emotion are good too.

Fortunately for me Mother's Day falls on my father's birthday, so I'll just buy them something they can both use.

She’s your mother, not your girlfriend.

I do what I do out of love. I couldn't have asked for a better mother and this is, in my opinion, still not enough thanks for everything she's done. Stupid bullshit hesitations about dumb "oh lol u luv ur mum, gross!" thought processes aside, I love her and she deserves to be pampered. It also just so happens she loves cards and loves those restaurants / bakeries and always talks about going there but never does, so I'm damn well going to take her.

:cool:

I'm paying for my mother's gym membership for the next year, at her request.

I'll probably take mine out for breakfast as usual. She likes all of us who live closeby getting together and I'll pick up the tab for everyone (wife, mom, sister, step-dad, nephew, his wife, kids, etc.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back