Heavenly Sword 2 rumor

Perhaps but their next game isn't HS2, and it is going to be multi-platform.

Uh I know...I inferred that in my answer Alpha. The year is 2008. 2013 is 5 years away, thus allowing for their current project and HS2 2.5 years later. I'm very aware of NT's plans, especially since Laa-Yosh also pointed it out. Very odd, since we all know their next project is not HS2 and is multiplatform.

Uh I know...I inferred that in my answer Alpha. The year is 2008. 2013 is 5 years away, thus allowing for their current project and HS2 2.5 years later. I'm very aware of NT's plans, especially since Laa-Yosh also pointed it out. Very odd, since we all know their next project is not HS2 and is multiplatform.

I'm unsure why you quoted Laa-yosh then, he never mentioned HS. I thought you were somehow trying to disagree with him.

Last edited by a moderator:
If NT are making HS2 - it won't be ready until 2012-13. As presumed by their 2.5 year dev time predicted for their games.

Assuming that HS2 is not the multiplatform title, I don't think it would take 2.5 years. The engine is more or less done (the artists could start on creating content immediately). Sure they will tweak the engine, but the main parts are probably fairly refined already...

Assuming that HS2 is not the multiplatform title, I don't think it would take 2.5 years. The engine is more or less done (the artists could start on creating content immediately). Sure they will tweak the engine, but the main parts are probably fairly refined already...

Given HS IP is owned by Sony, it's obviously not a multiplatform title, and I doubt NT will be working on it since they've parted with Sony, so IF HS2 is being worked on, it's going to be some other developer, maybe Cambridge who knows.

Well they said their next game will be 2.5 years....and they make big production games, so it's not all about the engine. HS2 might not even be on the PS3..

Is it at all financially viable for a developer to release only one title per generation? Especially a non-uber blockbuster?

Well they said their next game will be 2.5 years....and they're make big production games, so it's not all about the engine. HS2 might not even be on the PS3..

That doesn't necessarily translate to 2 games in 5 years. A new IP is likely going to take longer. It also doesn't mean that there isn't overlaps in the development cycles.

Not unless it's Halo or GTA..

Or if you can hide behind Daddy MSs money.. (Yep i'm looking at you Rare..)

Just from the top of my head:

Bungie:
Halo3
Halo Peter Jackson project
unannounced X360 project

Rockstar:
Table Tennis
GTA
Midnight LA or whatever, racer

Rare:
Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo
Viva Pinata
Banjoe
unannounced X360 project(s)

Just from the top of my head:

Bungie:
Halo3
Halo Peter Jackson project
unannounced X360 project

Rockstar:
Table Tennis
GTA
Midnight LA or whatever, racer

Rare:
Perfect Dark Zero
Kameo
Viva Pinata
Banjoe
unannounced X360 project(s)

I think what he meant was only games like GTA and Halo could be viable to be the one game a developer puts into a generation. IE. they'll make plenty of money with that one game.

New interview with Nina Kristensen & Tameem Antoniades, it's more about production of a game & film @ the same time by one firm (NT :))

TA: It was during the shooting of Heavenly Sword in New Zealand when we were at WETA Digital. Because that's one of Peter Jackson's studios, he would pop in and see how things were going. One day, when he was watching the shoot, he went up to Andy and I and said: 'You've already shot the equivalent of a movie - why not shoot a few extra scenes and release it as one?' I just thought that was insane at the time: it was hard enough just doing the shoot then and there, let alone thinking about the game and a film.

NK: Well, we don’t actually need to make the decision about whether the film’s going ahead until we do the performance capture shoot. Obviously, the script has to be prepared in advance of that, but the decision doesn’t have to made for quite some time yet; we won’t be doing the performance capture shoot until next year. So we’re getting established in the game first.

(Sorry if I should've started a new thread ... "New NT game" or something ... )

yeah, they only did a couple of games on xbox1, but they pulled two games out of their hat day1 on 360.
viva pinata was later, as well as their "jetpac refuelled" live arcade edition of the spectrum classic:

jetpac-refueled-20070329082215572-000.jpg

and of course they still 'owe' us some more games before this gen is over.. :smile:

I'm playing HS1 right now so if there is a sequel I want to add my suggestions for what it's worth.

1.In regards to SIX-AXIS motion controls, give us the ability to set a zero point or baseline position for the controller based on the way we hold the controller.
Whenever I used after touch,my arrows would automatically go straight up and then I would have to fight to bring it down. It was because when I sit and play with my arms resting on my legs,my hands naturally point up and so the controller sits at about a 30 degree angle,not perfectly flat.Really annoying,hurts immersion and flow.

2. Allow us to skip cutscenes after watching them once already. It's annoying after dying during a boss fight,having to sit through a cutscene again and again before playing the section over.

3.Make Kia less useless. Also give us the ability to strafe and move around while in aim mode. Otherwise just leave her out of gameplay completely.. please.

4. At times,the length of the character animations leave you out of control of your character for too long.Especially annoying during certain battles that require pretty good timing.

That's it for now, I'm only a few chapters in..

Back