The Official Metal Gear Online thread

Updated to 1.01, installed, restarted. Says it needs 1.02, I select peer to peer, but there are no seeds for me. Tried http, worked fine. Im finally installed, and updated. Just waiting for them to turn the switch.

I just let it use UPNP and then it configures my firewall automatically to allow the ports it uses.
I have no idea how it works if you say no to using UPNP.

I've set it to UPNP on my router settings, but when I do a connections test on the PS3 - it says "not available". Then again I did connect to P2P once - but at 10kb/s

Last edited by a moderator:
If you try to download via HTTP, it will time out due to congestion. The P2P download rate varies with time. 10K/s is ok for a start. It should improve with more peers.

I came to a dead stop on P2P, not even uploading anything. Backed out and rebooted and then the download resumed and finished fine. So, 12:00AM PDT is apparently the moment of truth? I'll be shocked if it goes smooth after everything else has been such a circus.

Huh, I've just played a few matches! Didn't really chime with me but apparenlty it's up anyway! Guess it was Japan time. ;)

Played some matches as well.
It's up allright, and I think I can like this one a lot. Just have to get used to the slower pace compared to CoD4;-)

There is an extensive training mode in there too which was quite nice!

Why does everyone playing the beta compare it to COD4? They games basically have nothing in common from a gameplay standpoint.

US servers are up too. Just tried one of the Training levels. No opinion formed yet. Just fooling around with dummies :)

The lobby is very extensive. Not sure if it's suitable for heavy usage yet but it is nice and comprehensive.

Finally, I was really looking forward to it.
I have the game patched to 1.01, and got a Konami ID.
So I'm set (at least after the 1.02 update)
Can't wait to play, hopefully tonight already.

Well add me in the game. Gamer ID: deepbrown

Don't know if you need my character name, but it's DeepOcelot

BTW it took me about an hour to get v1.1 and v1.2 I shouldn't have bothered in the week!

Patching to 1.02 over HTTP was quick. Can't log on though - too much use. And that's 5:30! Actually getting online may prove impossible for some people.

By the way, the GAF room is:
OTACON server, NeoGAF (password is "believe")

...if you want to play them. Need critical mass for a start. People can always elope somewhere else later, hopefully with more friends, if the room has no love for them. :(

By the way, the GAF room is:
OTACON server, NeoGAF (password is "believe")

...if you want to play them. Need critical mass for a start. People can always elope somewhere else later, hopefully with more friends, if the room has no love for them. :(

Cool :)

US servers are up too. Just tried one of the Training levels. No opinion formed yet. Just fooling around with dummies :)

The lobby is very extensive. Not sure if it's suitable for heavy usage yet but it is nice and comprehensive.

There is a training level? Is it also in the EU beta? How can I access it? I need some training. I tried to play a match and I was helpless. I even shot down one of my own in a team match :LOL:

Back