Old News: AMD CTO resigns, NVIDIA CFO retires, DDR3 for MCP7A, S3, etc.

B3D News

Beyond3D News
Regular
We missed a couple of news-worthy tidbits in recent days and weeks, so here's a quick news post with links to each of these things and a tiny bit of individual analysis. First on the list: 3DFX releases the Voodoo Graphics 3D accelerator! Oh right, let's skip that one then...

Read the full news item

Yay for brief mention of S3!

Thanks for those links. I noticed the S3 thread was closed in the Architectures & Chips section, probably due to nothing useful being added to it. Any chance that B3D or Tech Report will be covering the processor in any detail? I know that you guys are busy with lots of things behind the scenes these days, but it seems S3 actually did quite a decent job this time around, and it has been awhile since anyone other than NVidia or AMD have produced a usable part. That alone makes me hope for enough success to help them get some momentum with their next part. *Laughs* I might make a tiny little media center PC around one of these just to support the under dog!

Oops, I unlocked that thread, that was for when the S3 thing was going to be a separate news piece... :) Anyhow, yeah - we don't even really have the time to test G92/RV670 properly, so we'll need to refrain from testing the 430GT for now sadly!

Back