Share your Muzak

Mummy

Regular
Talking with friends at school we noticed that we have many cool songs in common, but also some unknows, so i thought of putting my favorites somewhere to let friends appreciate them, i found YouTube to be a good candidate, here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/user/hoaxer299a

list has 283 entries and growing, why don't you do that too ? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I like last.fm for music interest collaboration. Especially given it uses what your actually playing as a basis for your music tastes. Found quite a few new bands I now listen to via the service.

Lately I've been listening to a weird mix of Me First and the Gimme Gimmes, Jerry Garcia, Queen, Bare Naked Ladies, Blue's Traveller, Smashmouth, Beatles, John Prine, Manfred Man, Kinks, 3 Dog Night, Wallflowers, and of course a little Jonathan Coulton. (Not just Portal, Code Monkey too.)

I've been listening to a band called the Audio Pharmacy. They're a reggae band. So far I've been enjoying them quite a bit.

Still listen to the Pumpkins, somehow I can never get sick of my favorite band.

I've been in a bit of a classic rock mood lately. The Animals are now my most played band in itunes for the past week. Of course some Led in there and some Grateful Dead. Hahaha, I just passed their house a few days ago. It's a nice area. I also drove by the Jerry Garcia Amphitheater today. It's in a park here in SF.

I listen to www.radioparadise.com a lot, not that much 'new' stuff in there, but enough, and they also get a lot of good less common stuff from bigger and smaller artists. And it's commercial free, listener supported. My previous favorite used to be beatblender on www.somafm.com, but it started becoming less reliable (bandwidth issues), some times of day the music isn't very accessible, and it agrees a lot less with my wife. Still, typically songs that appear on both radioparadise and beatblender (which happens, but rarely) are almost always songs I really love.

Does anybody here listen to house and or breaks? Or any sort of electronic music? I've been listening to it exclusively for about a year now and nothing provokes the same sort of emotional reaction in me as it does. Hip hop/RnB/jazz comes close though.

I bought some turntables and a mixer recently so I've been playing around with them when I'm not absorbed in 3d stuff/games. I got this track a couple days back. Can't get enough of it XD

I do. Though I have to tell you that I don't listened to it at home, I just go to the right clubs :p

Hehe well yeah I first heard it in clubs a few years back and then just started to really enjoy it so I started listening to it at home. Speaking of clubs Toronto (where I'm living atm) has a really good selection. Circa and the Guvernment bring in huge huge names from the uk and worldwide on a weekly basis. It's awesome stuff :)

Back