PS3 Firmware 2.30

Ah well... just bought 2 more games from PSN. The image loading problem is totally gone now. Perhaps the CDN just needed time to replicate the images to all its edge servers when people were hammering on them. Are people still experiencing image loading issues ?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be more inclined to buy PSN games with those cards they're promising for later this year.

No way I'm giving my credit card numbers.

Ah well... just bought 2 more games from PSN. The image loading problem is totally gone now. Perhaps the CDN just needed time to replicate the images to all its edge servers when people were hammering on them. Are people still experiencing image loading issues ?

It has been working nicely for sometime now (for me at least).

I'll be more inclined to buy PSN games with those cards they're promising for later this year.

No way I'm giving my credit card numbers.

Many credit card companies allow you to create "secure" online numbers with either lowered limit or single shop usability.

Yeah I have that with one of my cards. Another one dropped the temp. numbers because they said they had limited liability.

Still don't want to store numbers in case I sell the PS3.

Yeah, it's very convenient to buy from the new store now. I was pleasantly surprised. I thought those PS cards are already on retailers' shelves by now.

The specifically said they were fixing it. And it's fixed.

The store needs to cache graphics. It's really friggin slow.

I don't know why console internet access has to be so shitty, regular sufring on PCs is nowhere near this lousy even if the page isn't cached at all. Nintendo's and microsoft's online stores are crap too from a speed POV. It takes forever to load up a tiny amount of information. Moving from one page/screen to another becomes a thumb-twiddlingly annoying exercise.

Peace.

Takes ~1s per image to load so definately not usable yet here... Just tried.
Same here.
Though once they have loaded, they stay in memory, until you close the store and reopen.
Compared to SingStore, which loads the new song images and the video previews almost immediately, PSStore really feels slow.
Probably there isn't that much traffic in SingStore...

Back