Boss calls it quits(polygonsheep?) 'pics added'

OK looking a bit dated, since they are circa 2002/2003 on Xbox 1, but there are 3 composite videos that were made up at at the end of development, temporarilly up on my website they are all the original encodes from 2002/2003 so you'll need to find the codecs. I found medai player 10+ had issues with them, but they played fine in media player classic.

http://www.polygonhell.com

And Since I just wanted to try out the new video embeddingI reencoded one shrank it and stuck it on youtube, I think this is the same one Derek originally posted on polygonsheep.

:oops: That looks like it could put PGR2 to shame. The leaves on the road is a nice touch. :cool:

For great justice. :cry:

I think it looks better than Forza did at that stage...60 fps too! ERP, in your Gamecube feasibility port, did you get those projected shadows working?

No, GC version was pretty basic when we went belly up, you could play it with basic graphics, and I was working on getting a PS2 version running at the same level.

Reflections and Shadows would likely have been affected in any port. The lighting on the car was pretty complex, although not by todays standards, but had we continued we'd likely have just re-written that part of the rendering for a GC port.

Don't know who owns the Assets and code.
My best guess would be John McCaw's group (primary investor in Boss Game) owns them.

I have a running disc, obviously requires a devkit,
I probably have copies of most of the assets, tools and code somewhere, but I'd have to look for them. At one point post Boss I considered doing a port to PC just for fun, but I never got around to it. Plus the legal issues with the licensed vehicles would have made it impossible to release even for free.

Not bad at all, damn shame it never got finished but that's jsut the way these things go I suppose, reminded me of that Ford World Tour game from a few years back combined with Forza.

I also love the fact that sometimes the cars are floating slightly above the track, that's a sure sign of an "in development" game right there. ;)

OK looking a bit dated, since they are circa 2002/2003 on Xbox 1, but there are 3 composite videos that were made up at at the end of development, temporarilly up on my website they are all the original encodes from 2002/2003 so you'll need to find the codecs. I found medai player 10+ had issues with them, but they played fine in media player classic.

http://www.polygonhell.com

And Since I just wanted to try out the new video embeddingI reencoded one shrank it and stuck it on youtube, I think this is the same one Derek originally posted on polygonsheep.

That was you ERP and your band singing in your garage, wasn't it... Go on, admit it...

Back