[360, PS3] Ninja Gaiden 2

Don't care much for the gore, but I really didn't like the obliteration techniques in NG2, so I'm really on the fence as to whether I should get rid of my NG2 copy and get Sigma 2.

A home space with "balloon" physics? :D

You mean the jiggle ? Let's just say I won't reject the idea. :)

I also don't mind Team Ninja dedicate the space to shinobi in general. Who knows, may be they can do some merchandizing there. There are a lot of Ninja fans on PS Home. I see Ninja costumes every time I enter a room.

And if they add game launching for their online co-op to Home, I can see some people staying in that room.

It's not a rumor. The online co-op was revealed by Tecmo: http://gdc.gamespot.com/story/6206597/?tag=topslot;img;1

Not a Ninja Gaiden fan myself (probably too tough for me), I'd love them to do a Home Space though.

Yeah, caught that after I posted.

It could be something cool, but I tend to enjoy these type of games as single player encounters or maybe even offline co-op ala Streets of Rage, Final Fight, TMNT, etc.

I'm willing to give it a go if the price and added features are right.

Somewhat off-topic: I wonder what Itagaki is up to? With a chip on his shoulder, it will be curious to see what he comes up with.

It could be something cool, but I tend to enjoy these type of games as single player encounters or maybe even offline co-op ala Streets of Rage, Final Fight, TMNT, etc.

Somewhat off-topic: I wonder what Itagaki is up to? With a chip on his shoulder, it will be curious to see what he comes up with.

Maybe he's at RARE, adding a dozen new female characters to KI3 and turning it into a 3d fighter.

According to the Gamespot link, the changes include:

* New playable characters: Ayane and Momiji (No wonder her name didn't register with me... my brain probably filed the name under Japanese restaurants ^_^). They have their own weapons, abilities and adventures in the game.

* New weapons, new enemies for Hayabusa

* "online co-op mode that lets you and a friend team up to work your way through more than 30 challenge stages, which can be played in one of four difficulty settings. Your performance will be ranked and uploaded to leaderboards so you can see how you stack up against the world. The stages will be a mix of original areas and those seen in the single-player game, which are being redone for co-op play"

* "the game will see a good amount of work put into refining the gameplay experience. The game's camera is being tweaked based on user feedback. You will also get additional cues on where to go next from your playable character because your character's head will look off in the direction you're supposed to go in. "

* Trophy support, SIXAXIS and rumble

"According to Tecmo, there is roughly 30 percent more content in the single-player additions on top of the all-new co-op content."

With all the new content, I'm somewhat surprised they didn't go with a Ninja Gaiden Black 2 as well... :(

With all the new content, I'm somewhat surprised they didn't go with a Ninja Gaiden Black 2 as well... :(

The talk I've heard is that Sigma was built on a brand new engine for the PS3, while NG2 was built on what is essentially a souped-up version of the DOA3 engine, so it's possible that the changes aren't cross-portable.

Also, maybe Microsoft annoyed Keiko Erikawa, then queen of KOEI. :eek:

The talk I've heard is that Sigma was built on a brand new engine for the PS3, while NG2 was built on what is essentially a souped-up version of the DOA3 engine, so it's possible that the changes aren't cross-portable.

A bit of a can of worms here though... They've already done two 360 games! But if you meant to imply that they took the Xbox version of Ninja Gaiden and built NG2 from that, then... :/ What the heck are they doing. :|

But yeah... I can see how it'd be a problem if they didn't have anyone to spare to work on both platforms, and NGS was already built on PS3. Ah well...

A bit of a can of worms here though... They've already done two 360 games! But if you meant to imply that they took the Xbox version of Ninja Gaiden and built NG2 from that, then... :/ What the heck are they doing. :|

But yeah... I can see how it'd be a problem if they didn't have anyone to spare to work on both platforms, and NGS was already built on PS3. Ah well...

Well, DOAXXV2 was a mess, and NG2 had its own problems. I think that they don't want to make a new engine for the 360 version, they already have Sigma for the PS3 and whatever they're doing for NGS2 might not be pluggable into a much older engine.

Yes, it's a shame that Xbox owners are getting the short end of the stick, (and from a once stalwart Xbox dev too).

It's almost like Bungie releasing Halo 3 on PS3 with better graphics and more content.

Last edited by a moderator:
What is the PS3 hardware allowing you to do that wasn't possible on the 360?

Hayashi: I've already told you about the new elements we've added in the game, so I'd like to tell you one thing in hardware aspect. The game deals with full HD 1080P output, at least 720P.
Hehe, wasn't it determined (at least from the early trailer) that the game is running at the same resolution as NG2? (sub-HD)

Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 final trailer:

... now I understand why he sliced the Statue of Liberty in one of the ads.

no, 720P no AA.

Indeed... :) Although the youtube vid has really terrible compression, there were a couple edges I noticed that seemed to indicate 720p. It looks great! I think at some point I'll double-dip and get NGS2 for the new gameplay additions. :)

It doesn't look like they've v-synced the game on the other hand. :(

The most important thing they have to fix is the framerate, which was pretty terrible on Xbox.

I hope they did because in many ocasions, especially on MN difficulty, the single digits framerate stood between me and my victory :(
I don't see the game beeing a perfect 60fps on PS3, but at least a noticeable improvement in the more affected areas would be very welcomed.

Back